PDA

View Full Version : My last day...

alooney11
03-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I have finally given up on mags, I just sold my fully upped mag on ebay. Exile+splinter+logic 90+aluminum panels+ all black.(got $455) I got a karnivor the other day and I must say I am sorry I held out this long. It is my first electro and first cocker all in the same gun, and I couldnt be happier. I wish this wasnt the case but it is true, mags just dont cut it these days. I still have my first mag an old 68, but doubt I will ever fire it again. I am ashamed of myself.

wetwrks
03-06-2008, 10:06 PM
You will be back. All the fancy doohickies eventually have hickups and you eventually grow tired of messing with them.

Steelrat
03-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Don't feel bad. I owned some mags, then shot AKA and never looked back. I much prefer the excals to any mag I ever shot. Different strokes for different folks. As long as you are having fun, go with it. I love eblades cockers, and would shoot a nice one ahead of an emag any day. Mags sure are nice looking though...

drg
03-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Not all that uncommon or unwarranted decision. I've essentially done the same, but nothing says you can't dabble in mags again from time to time!

Sumthinwicked
03-06-2008, 10:22 PM
should ban all the nay sayers yall should be ashamed of yourselves bad people to the corner with you :mad: ill stick with my marksmen longbow ,my assualt rifle (longbow),and my 2 mircos all day ill see you sittin in the dead box with ur fancy toys when it rains or snows i love to see the aggs run when the weather is crazy :p

questionful
03-06-2008, 10:42 PM
:cry:

AirAssault
03-07-2008, 01:41 AM
I have finally given up on mags, I just sold my fully upped mag on ebay. Exile+splinter+logic 90+aluminum panels+ all black.(got $455) I got a karnivor the other day and I must say I am sorry I held out this long. It is my first electro and first cocker all in the same gun, and I couldnt be happier. I wish this wasnt the case but it is true, mags just dont cut it these days. I still have my first mag an old 68, but doubt I will ever fire it again. I am ashamed of myself.

LoL, so you really think that mags can't cut it huh. Well I have a devilmag and an Xmag that beg to differ. Now I have owned many cockers and still have my Marting halfy, but to say mags don't cut it is, well just a load of bull pucky. Maybe they just don't cut it for YOU, which is ok.

Sumthinwicked
03-07-2008, 01:43 AM
ty for cuein in man !

drg
03-07-2008, 01:47 AM
should ban all the nay sayers yall should be ashamed of yourselves bad people to the corner with you :mad: ill stick with my marksmen longbow ,my assualt rifle (longbow),and my 2 mircos all day ill see you sittin in the dead box with ur fancy toys when it rains or snows i love to see the aggs run when the weather is crazy :p

Contrary to popular belief, electronic guns and hoppers for the most part work fine in the rain. At least any rain you can actually play in. Sometimes beyond. I've played in a downpour where it was basically pointless to keep playing, no one could see anything. Electronic gun and hopper were fine. I play in light rains all the time.

cerrik
03-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Man.. I knew something funny was going on... one of my teammates who is all about the agg and the hype and the electros. Owns nothing but. Virtued Ion, Virtued Wrath, and a Mongoose told me today. "Since you have so many extra parts and valves, why don't you make me a Mag. I'd like to have one too."

So there it is... convert one... and lose another. :tard: :(

Sumthinwicked
03-07-2008, 01:56 AM
the longbow gets the wow nice sniper marker can u hit that guy 100 yards out and up a huge incline ??? > from an experienced woodsball player that was the general of our team mind u it blew my mind.... or the nice shotgun one which my reply is glad u like my shotgun when i 1 ball you out later when im outta range of your ego ;) as the last guy remembered me saying to him before as he walked to the deadbox

punkrex
03-07-2008, 04:08 AM
LoL, so you really think that mags can't cut it huh. Well I have a devilmag and an Xmag that beg to differ. Now I have owned many cockers and still have my Marting halfy, but to say mags don't cut it is, well just a load of bull pucky. Maybe they just don't cut it for YOU, which is ok.
I'm with steel rat, not saying that mags can't be fast or light, they can, but they are gas hogs. My viking shoots ultra silky, ultra fast, super quiet, and is mega ultra efficient. I get tank refills about 1/3 as I used to when I shot my mag as a primary.
My mag has now become my back up.

KC
03-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Man.. I knew something funny was going on... one of my teammates who is all about the agg and the hype and the electros. Owns nothing but. Virtued Ion, Virtued Wrath, and a Mongoose told me today. "Since you have so many extra parts and valves, why don't you make me a Mag. I'd like to have one too."

So there it is... convert one... and lose another. :tard: :(

:rofl:

Don't worry, @ $800 a pop Ive converted the whole "team!" And I'm working on 2 more! Ill have to get the emags together for a photo op. :headbang:

SN toter
03-07-2008, 01:00 PM
meh. I've been there. Everytime I leave mags and get into something else I say, "man, this is way cooler than my mags, I don't need them anymore." So I sell them and within 3 months realize I'm retarded and revert.

Well I've accepted the fact that I have a mag addiciton now and I no longer stray. AGD owns me

Chaos_Theory!
03-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Mags are great guns but when i went to AKA and now MacDev id never buy another mag again unless it was a pump. They just dont cut it when in comparison to other guns out now. Im not saying mags arent good guns, they just arent as good as some people on this forum make them out to be. Years ago id say they were some of if not the best out there but thats just not the case anymore.

ProblemKinder
03-07-2008, 05:19 PM
fools

SN toter
03-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Mags are great guns but when i went to AKA and now MacDev id never buy another mag again unless it was a pump. They just dont cut it when in comparison to other guns out now. Im not saying mags arent good guns, they just arent as good as some people on this forum make them out to be. Years ago id say they were some of if not the best out there but thats just not the case anymore.

you know nothing, Jon Snow.

thahouse
03-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Honestly, i love playing with a mag, and love the exotic taste of them so to speak. Although my primary is my rampage blackcell ion, i still will hold my mags dear since they are the most reliable markers i have in my gearbag next to my sheridian XTS lol. Never goes by a day when im out on the field and my ion goes down (and it goes down alot...usually orings that get eaten up after unloading a rediculous ammt of paint in a timespan of 30 min since im a heavy) i will always know i can just toss aside my ion and grab a mag which has a warp feed, fill all my pods and my air tanks, and go mow some muppets.

RavishingEddie
03-07-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't know. Maybe I'm crazy but I have owned some real cool electros that shot wickedly fast.

Some had better:

Trigger
Weight
Efficiency
Comfort

But the one thing my mag had that I love is what you aim you hit. Period.
See that person shooting from that hole? Bam! got em.
Oh and never having to worry about selling it before next years model comes out, is a plus as well.

DanMan
03-07-2008, 08:30 PM
mags might not own the speed ball fields but they are great woodsball guns

KC
03-07-2008, 08:35 PM

My cnc Xmag, and ULE E-Karta say different.

mpsd
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM

My e-Mag (used on the Brazilian Paintball Cup in 2006) and my Alien Mag shots faster and with a better feel then any Shocker (sorry for the bad word here), Ego, DM, Angel or anything else I've ever tryed. You want fast? Take a look at that:

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i181.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/MOV01562.flv">

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i181.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/MOV01561.flv">

And I was just testing it on the shooting range...

More pics here: http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x299/mpsd18/?start=all

I LOVE showing it... :rofl:

Mags for the win!!!! :headbang:

DanMan
03-07-2008, 09:14 PM
My cnc Xmag, and ULE E-Karta say different.
ok i should have said without spending $1000 :D

mpsd
03-07-2008, 09:29 PM
ok i should have said without spending $1000 :D

:D Still, you can get a nice pneumag, X-modded e-Mag or even an upgraded hyperframed Mag for half of that. The other half is berely just looks.

Anyway, I'm kidding here. I really think that each player should use the equipment that suits him better and that's an absolutelly personal opinion, just like politics or religion. Mags, for me, are the best and nothing will ever top them. I know people who loves Dye stuff, PE stuff, cockers and so on. In fact, nowadays, a cheap Proto SLG will shoot as fast as any other "top" electro for 1/6th of it's price.

custar
03-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Perhaps I'm the only one here who loves both AKA's and Automags. They are different and play differently for me. When I'm shooting a Viking or Excalibur, I'm basically in a SAW role. With one of my Tac Ones, I'm more of a rifleman. Both are equally fun, just different.

Enjoy your Karnivore, but don't eschew Automags completely. They have been around for so long for good reason.

custar

SN toter
03-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Perhaps I'm the only one here who loves both AKA's and Automags. They are different and play differently for me. When I'm shooting a Viking or Excalibur, I'm basically in a SAW role. With one of my Tac Ones, I'm more of a rifleman. Both are equally fun, just different.

Enjoy your Karnivore, but don't eschew Automags completely. They have been around for so long for good reason.

custar

Nope. I am a big Viking fan and owned a few aka in the day. It's just not my play style anymore so I'm back with my other marker love, my mags ;)

Chaos_Theory!
03-08-2008, 09:06 AM
You want fast? Take a look at that:

Slow and inconsistant.

you know nothing, Jon Snow.

?

Fanboy...

Seriously, get over it. Mags are falling short nowadays. You fanboys can deny it all you want but its true. Unless you spend an arm and a leg you cannot get a light, fast, and efficient mag. Actually, you cant get an efficient mag in any case.

But the one thing my mag had that I love is what you aim you hit. Period. See that person shooting from that hole? Bam! got em.

Wierd, thats the case with just about any gun out there if you have it setup properly. I love how mag owners make arguments that dont really apply at all or fall short in huge ways.

Mags are good solid guns guys, but dont try and make them out to be something they arent. Sure you may be able to convince the noobs or other fanboys what your saying is legit but most of the time it isnt. Liek them for what they are, dont talk them up to somethign they arent.

SN toter
03-08-2008, 09:15 AM
?

Fanboy...

It's a quote from my favorite book series by George R.R. Martin, I was hoping someone else would get it, guess not ;(

Yes, I am a mag fanboy, have been since 1996. Call it brand loyalty, I dunno. I'm not against any other marker(except SP markers), I just choose nto to shoot em. For ME, there is no other marker I'd rather shoot.

Chaos_Theory!
03-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I thought you were refering to the reporter Jon Snow. lol

mpsd
03-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Slow and inconsistant.

?

Fanboy...

Seriously, get over it. Mags are falling short nowadays. You fanboys can deny it all you want but its true. Unless you spend an arm and a leg you cannot get a light, fast, and efficient mag. Actually, you cant get an efficient mag in any case.

Wierd, thats the case with just about any gun out there if you have it setup properly. I love how mag owners make arguments that dont really apply at all or fall short in huge ways.

Mags are good solid guns guys, but dont try and make them out to be something they arent. Sure you may be able to convince the noobs or other fanboys what your saying is legit but most of the time it isnt. Liek them for what they are, dont talk them up to somethign they arent.

LOL

Thank G-d we all live in real democratic countries and we all have the right to stand for our own opinions... :cheers:

AGDRetro
03-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes, I am a mag fanboy, have been since 1996. Call it brand loyalty, I dunno. I'm not against any other marker(except SP markers), I just choose nto to shoot em. For ME, there is no other marker I'd rather shoot.

Right there with ya toter! I owned nothing but Cockers for years, swore by them, thought they were the best! When I got my first RT ULE Custom, that was it. Sold my 2 SFL Cockers, now I own 2 Karta Mags & a Pump Mag :D

I've owned a ton of guns and worked on even more. The Mag can hog all the gas it wants, I'll still take it over anything else, but like has already been said a billion times, it all comes down to preference. I'm glad you like your Karnivore, I hope it continues to keep you happy!

halB
03-08-2008, 02:56 PM
A cocker is not an "electro."

No gun that WAS a pump, and then became a semi auto after they jb welded some random parts to the front of the body, that then became an "electro" because they swapped what they JB welded in, could EVER be an "electro." Electros don't have a humongous back block slapping you in your face with every shot.

Chaos_Theory!
03-08-2008, 04:22 PM

No gun that WAS a pump, and then became a semi auto after they jb welded some random parts to the front of the body, that then became an "electro" because they swapped what they JB welded in, could EVER be an "electro." Electros don't have a humongous back block slapping you in your face with every shot.

If youre serious then you truely are an ignorant person.

mpsd
03-08-2008, 04:26 PM
^ Now, I agree with you.

michbich
03-08-2008, 04:43 PM

LOL, that's just stupid. You're saying that an electric cocker isn't electric :tard:.

SN toter
03-08-2008, 04:50 PM

wow....just...wow...

Sumthinwicked
03-08-2008, 09:16 PM

I see they give the crack away for free in your town hunh ?> Let me give you some advice son..... Put the crackpipe down that glass heats up from repetitive use your going to burn your lips ;)

RavishingEddie
03-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Besides efficiency what is a major drawback mags have compared to newer electros?

halB
03-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Oh yes, you guys must all be right. I'm SUUUUUUUUUUUURE the autococker wasn't an outdated design when it was first made in the early 90s. And I'm sure that throwing a smattering of electropneumatics onto a pump gun makes it a true electro.

Did you catch the sarcasm there? I laid it on pretty thick.

An AKA Excalibur is an electro gun, it was designed for that from the ground up. A pump gun that has a kit thrown onto it is not. A pump gun that has a backblock is not. A pump gun that has ridiculous amounts of reciprocating mass, powered by a freaking cocking rod on the outside of the body, is not an electro. You can call it what you want. But I bet you guys also shoot "electro" spyders.

olinar
03-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I think you might be a little vague on the whole "electro" definition.

any marker using electronics to fire it is an "electro" in that it is electronic.

It may not have been that at the start but it is now.

michbich
03-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh yes, you guys must all be right. I'm SUUUUUUUUUUUURE the autococker wasn't an outdated design when it was first made in the early 90s. And I'm sure that throwing a smattering of electropneumatics onto a pump gun makes it a true electro.

An AKA Excalibur is an electro gun, it was designed for that from the ground up. A pump gun that has a kit thrown onto it is not. A pump gun that has a backblock is not. A pump gun that has ridiculous amounts of reciprocating mass, powered by a freaking cocking rod on the outside of the body, is not an electro. You can call it what you want. But I bet you guys also shoot "electro" spyders.

So by your logic, a pump mag isn't a pump, an e/x-mag isn't an electro? Electro doesn't mean high end, it means that it's electronic..that's all. So the toyota camry hybrid isn't a hybrid because it only had an internal combustion engine in it before?

93civiccpe
03-09-2008, 03:21 PM
I'd have to agree with the above post. An electro cocker is an electro still, and just because it is improved older technology doesn't mean it is bad.

Shoot, if you halfblock, mini, and midget an autococker, add an MQ valve and electroframe, and get it properly set up, you'll have a marker that's as fast as just about everything else out there and have darn good efficiency as well. I don't own an electro cocker anymore, but from using and owning them for a long time and once owning a maxed out autococker, I can tell you that you are incorrect with your statements. The halfblocking takes away that annoying backblock that you don't like (but that most users like and miss). The mq valve lightens it and takes away some of the complication of timing & setting the lug & etc, as well as speeding it up.

Here's one that I wish I owned... owned by DeathOfAllThings over on the "forbidden site". Look at his first post with pics & info:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=43068415#post43068415

I'd like you to tell me that his autococker there is "old technology" that can't keep up or that isn't a true electro.

Chaos_Theory!
03-09-2008, 09:20 PM

Ok, your an idiot. An electro is any gun that is electronically assisted in operation. A cocker with an electronic frame and stuff is electronic. Also, if your saying spyders cant be electronic guns either, youve gone beyond idiot status and jumped to straight up dumbass. Stating that a gun isnt and can never be an electro because it wasnt originally electronic is incorrect any way you look at it so let it go kid. Odds are your just some punk kid who floats around on forums and doesnt really know anything about paintball or even play for that matter.

garbageman705
03-09-2008, 09:31 PM
I love cockers, I was scared of them at first, timing and all. But far and wide they are a great gun. Mostly for enthusiasts anymore. I have a cocker that I built, it shoots ROPES of paint. I also really like how you can see it working, it adds something for me. I like the backblock, if you adjust it correctly it doesn't make that slap sound actually.

Autocockers are fun guns, FUN, does anybody have FUN anymore?

alooney11
03-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Its crazy but, I love old school guns, I think everyone on this forum prolly started out rocking out with a spyder and wishing they could afford the RT and Cockers of the mid 90's. My karni is hooked up with an Apoc2K to represent the old school even more. I startes playing in the early 90's so most of these new guns(egos, angelsm dm#) have no appeal to me. But this cocker really has me in awe right now. I still have an old mag but paintball just isnt the same anymore, i wish we were still in the mech days of the mid 90's when paintball was actually fun, but it seems those days are gone forever.

alooney11
03-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I guess i relate those days when i used to flip through the pages of theose b&w 888paintball mags as care-free days. I was only in middle school then and the hot guns of those days were out of my reach. I remember when apoc2ks were 400 bucks, and just thinking wow if I could only afford that. Now I look upon the withered husk of a once great outdoor recreation and can only be disappointed but what has happened. There is no peking order these days. When I was 13 I had a spyder now you have 13 year olds running around with angels and ions. It just seemed that there was an unwritten code back then, the old patriarchs had the sweet guns and us kids could only wish we had them. I just think kids these days dont have anything to look forward to in the sport because they come into the sport playing with the newest and the best guns. Its a shame becuase they have nothing to look forward to as the years go by. I look on ebay dumbfounded at how cheap things are these days, I hate to sound so melodramatic but I feel its the truth.

halB
03-12-2008, 07:55 PM
So by your logic, a pump mag isn't a pump, an e/x-mag isn't an electro? Electro doesn't mean high end, it means that it's electronic..that's all. So the toyota camry hybrid isn't a hybrid because it only had an internal combustion engine in it before?

Ok, it's obvious you've been playing for a month. And the same to all those who say "but spyders are electros!11" Guess what, electro does not stand for electronic. It stands for electropneumatic.

Is a pump mag a pump? HELL NO!
It's an automag that has a wave spring on it which hampers the design of the gun from working properly, needing a pump to reset the bolt. If it was a pump gun, it wouldn't have any spring on the bolt.

An e-mag is not an electro. It is a pancake sear tripper. A very GOOD pancake sear tripper. But it is still fully electronic, not electropneumatic. If it was electropneumatic, it wouldn't need a freaking huge battery pack, would it? You see, if you think these things through you wouldn't waist my time here!

Ok, your an idiot. An electro is any gun that is electronically assisted in operation. A cocker with an electronic frame and stuff is electronic. Also, if your saying spyders cant be electronic guns either, youve gone beyond idiot status and jumped to straight up dumbass. Stating that a gun isnt and can never be an electro because it wasnt originally electronic is incorrect any way you look at it so let it go kid. Odds are your just some punk kid who floats around on forums and doesnt really know anything about paintball or even play for that matter.

HAHAHA. Wow, you were not around when those electronic frames for spyders first came out.

mpsd
03-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Guess what, electro does not stand for electronic. It stands for electropneumatic.

OK, english may not be my first language but from what I've studied so far, electro is a short for either ELECTROnic or ELECTROpneumatic. Both of them could be called electros without any question.

Oh, and by the way, I've been playing paintball since 1991, ok? ;) And I've always read everyone calling those first Spyders with electronic frames as electros. And, yes, I'm speaking about those that looked like a Spyder on the top and a PEV's Shocker on the bottom. Hey, and guess what about the pump Mag: it is a pump and it has always been referred to as a pump. What makes it a pump is the fact that it needs a pump to be operated. End point. It's not a matter of being a Nelson style, PMI/Sheridan or even a Semi with a bolt stick problem, converted to use a pump. It is a pump for having a pump handle.

Hahahahaha that's the stupidest thread EVER!!! It missed it's focus so looooooooooooong ago that it should be not only closed but also burried :tard:

Now, please, do me a favor: stop posting on this forum. Go to the Nation and keep posting things like "first post" after every news posts (duh). Go home, go fish or even go play some paintball but, please, stop posting crap. Nobody is interested to know if you are the paintball living encyclopedia.

Thanks.

Chaos_Theory!
03-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Ok, it's obvious you've been playing for a month. And the same to all those who say "but spyders are electros!11" Guess what, electro does not stand for electronic. It stands for electropneumatic.

It's an automag that has a wave spring on it which hampers the design of the gun from working properly, needing a pump to reset the bolt. If it was a pump gun, it wouldn't have any spring on the bolt.

An e-mag is not an electro. It is a pancake sear tripper. A very GOOD pancake sear tripper. But it is still fully electronic, not electropneumatic. If it was electropneumatic, it wouldn't need a freaking huge battery pack, would it? You see, if you think these things through you wouldn't waist my time here!

HAHAHA. Wow, you were not around when those electronic frames for spyders first came out.

Your aguments are just making you look dumber and yes i was around when those spyder frames came out.

michbich
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Then stop wasting your time then. Because i think an electro means electronic, that means i've only played for 1 month? That's pure ignorance and BS. So take your personal attacks and arrogance elsewhere.

PS: Yes, I've been playing since 2001, i was there when those electric spyders came out. What's your point if you have one?

mpsd
03-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Speaking of the first ELECTRONIC Spyders, meet the EM1 and it's description:

http://www.spyderzone.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=17

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/376/

EM = Electronic Marker :rofl:

halB
03-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Speaking of the first ELECTRONIC Spyders, meet the EM1 and it's description:

http://www.spyderzone.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=17

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/376/

EM = Electronic Marker :rofl:

The em1 is an electro. Poor thing never stood a chance. It's sad, considering those fusions are basically the same thing, and for some reason they're actually respected.

If your point was that this electropneumatic marker is called an electronic marker, well, do you know about a little thing called marketing?

It's odd, three people are flaming me for posting "crap," and yet I have put up very well reasoned and well supported arguments, and all you guys are saying is I'm spamming and posting crap. Hmmm.... it's odd that all you haters don't post or know crap.

Oh, and dude from sal paulo brazil, why do I care what you think? You weren't in the country when the sport was invented. I don't care, and I'm not talking about, how things are in brazil. Now, go back and enjoy your rising country that will soon be the most influential country in south america.

The funniest thing is, this all started by me saying something in which I was patently wrong. Yet, not a single one of you insignificant haters out there corrected me. If ya'll were so smart, why didn't you know the answer that would completely shut me up? My friend told me what they did to cockers in 2k5:

They redesigned them from the ground up for electropneumatic operation! Internal cocking arm, no back block, basically every complaint I ever posted online about e-cockers when they first came out was fixed (which would mean I was right about those flaws to begin with). So it WAS designed solely for electropneumatic operation, which would make it an electro even by my very conservative and restrictive definition.

Jesus christ guys, the opportunity to show how I was wrong with my own logic was there the whole time, and all you guys could do is flame. You people are pathetic. I can see why no company ever consulted YOU guys about paintball equipment.

varq
03-13-2008, 06:38 PM
i must admit I was not impressed with my EMAG it was heavy... I switched to the ULT and Intelliframe with an adjustable regulator... It shoots just as fast without worrying about the battery and the extra weight.... The Intelligrip and ULT with the adjustable tank is amazing!!!!!

mpsd
03-13-2008, 06:57 PM
The em1 is an electro. Poor thing never stood a chance. It's sad, considering those fusions are basically the same thing, and for some reason they're actually respected.

If your point was that this electropneumatic marker is called an electronic marker, well, do you know about a little thing called marketing?

It's odd, three people are flaming me for posting "crap," and yet I have put up very well reasoned and well supported arguments, and all you guys are saying is I'm spamming and posting crap. Hmmm.... it's odd that all you haters don't post or know crap.

Oh, and dude from sal paulo brazil, why do I care what you think? You weren't in the country when the sport was invented. I don't care, and I'm not talking about, how things are in brazil. Now, go back and enjoy your rising country that will soon be the most influential country in south america.

The funniest thing is, this all started by me saying something in which I was patently wrong. Yet, not a single one of you insignificant haters out there corrected me. If ya'll were so smart, why didn't you know the answer that would completely shut me up? My friend told me what they did to cockers in 2k5:

They redesigned them from the ground up for electropneumatic operation! Internal cocking arm, no back block, basically every complaint I ever posted online about e-cockers when they first came out was fixed (which would mean I was right about those flaws to begin with). So it WAS designed solely for electropneumatic operation, which would make it an electro even by my very conservative and restrictive definition.

Jesus christ guys, the opportunity to show how I was wrong with my own logic was there the whole time, and all you guys could do is flame. You people are pathetic. I can see why no company ever consulted YOU guys about paintball equipment.

Ok... So, let's just stop flaming each other and let me ask you something: what do you do for a living? I mean, how do you get the means to play paintball, go out with your friend or maybe (sorry, don't know your age), put some food on the table for your wife and kids?

Just for curiosity...

Dark Side
03-13-2008, 07:13 PM

Trust me. Everyone here posts crap. Just look at this thread.

Are you complimenting his preference of country to live in? Because you have a very PBNesque way of doing so.

So you found out the truth about five minutes after you posted (note the Edit) in hopes of saving face and turning the argument atound to make someone else look bad.

Take a look at the Karni. Still has a back block. Came out in 05.

Can I see the list of any major corporation that required your consultation?

SN toter
03-13-2008, 07:23 PM
hrmmm...

Well Halb I must disagree with your definitions, and your overall attitude here. I think you can find everything you ever wanted to know about paintball here (www.pbnation.com). So you really don't even need Ao anymore. God knows I'd hate to waste your time with my ignorance. I am such the fool for considering an Emag an electro... :D

halB
03-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Ok... So, let's just stop flaming each other and let me ask you something: what do you do for a living? I mean, how do you get the means to play paintball, go out with your friend or maybe (sorry, don't know your age), put some food on the table for your wife and kids?

Just for curiosity...

I want to say this. You just impressed me. I am 22, just graduated from college with a degree in history, and am currently unemployed (yes, I know a degree in history is worthless). I do have a job, I have been hired to build a device for a field, but I am waaaay too lazy and am convinced someone else will beat me to the punch. My money, what little there is, is coming from the graduation money my relatives gave me. Probably in the next week I'll get some two bit job at a restaurant. I only need 2000 dollars to get a patent, I already have about 20 patentable ideas, and of them, at least 5 are solid gold.

hrmmm...

Well Halb I must disagree with your definitions, and your overall attitude here. I think you can find everything you ever wanted to know about paintball here. So you really don't even need Ao anymore. God knows I'd hate to waste your time with my ignorance. I am such the fool for considering an Emag an electro...

Cheeky. Real cute. Too bad all you are doing is trolling. I thought AO didn't allow this sort of junk? Yes, you are a fool for considering the emag an electro. It is electronic, but it is not electropneumatic, which was and always has been the definition of an electro gun. Is a spyder VS1 electro? Is any spyder the same as an e-mag, or viking? Because if you say it is, then you MUST buy my spyder from me for 500 dollars. It's the same thing as an e-mag, right?

Can I see the list of any major corporation that required your consultation?
No, you can't. Even if I was able to tell you who consulted me, I wouldn't, because you don't impress me and you are insignificant to me. I have nothing to prove to you, and the best part is, I never will :)[/quote]

Hmmmm... So odd. I have posted a lot of things correcting your posts, and yet you guys seem to ignore where I showed you to be wrong. Very curious behavior indeed...

i must admit I was not impressed with my EMAG it was heavy... I switched to the ULT and Intelliframe with an adjustable regulator... It shoots just as fast without worrying about the battery and the extra weight.... The Intelligrip and ULT with the adjustable tank is amazing!!!!!

The e-mag would have been lighter if it would have been a fully electropneumatic gun. But, it is just a pancake sear tripper. Of course, I firmly believe that if Tom Kaye had wanted to make it electro, he would have. However, he seems to have favored reliability over weight. I just don't know if being able to shoot without batteries is really worth the extra pound or so.

joelbird
03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
hahahaha thanks HAL. i feel so mucher better about my life after reading your post. :clap:

mpsd
03-13-2008, 08:59 PM
I want to say this. You just impressed me. I am 22, just graduated from college with a degree in history, and am currently unemployed (yes, I know a degree in history is worthless). I do have a job, I have been hired to build a device for a field, but I am waaaay too lazy and am convinced someone else will beat me to the punch. My money, what little there is, is coming from the graduation money my relatives gave me. Probably in the next week I'll get some two bit job at a restaurant. I only need 2000 dollars to get a patent, I already have about 20 patentable ideas, and of them, at least 5 are solid gold.

OK. Thanks for clarifying. Wish you all the best. Trully.

Just wanted you to know that, at your age, even without a degree, I was a Senior Project Manager at the largest Microsoft consulting company in this country, leading projects in some banks, electric distribution companies and so on.

As for culture, I'm kinda stupid I think, since I only speak 3 languages (portuguese, english and spanish, in fluence order) and I also manage to read some hebrew too. I got a degree at 28 years old, in Business Administration and, of course, I have some 50 something oficial certifications from Microsoft, Symantec, ITIL and other software manufacturers.

My country may be a south american country but we don't live with monkeys. This small south american town here has over 15 million people and is considered to be better then most of the US cities in technology use and development.

But, as you have a degree in history, you should already know all of it, right?

Now, please, do a small favor to yourself: don't ever judge a person by the country he or she lives, the color of their skin, the religion or any other cultural/physical characteristic. At least in my country, if you do so, you will pay 2 years in jail for that. Here, in this 3rd world country that is far from being perfect, people learnt that hate and pre-concepts is a crime.

Again, I don't wish you anything but good luck.

I was wrong to post here in this thread for the first time and I won't do it again. If anyone, including you, want to talk to me, send me a PM, please.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way.

:cheers:

Sumthinwicked
03-13-2008, 09:03 PM
since im tired of definitions here is one off the INTERNET for you
electro-
From Wiktionary
Jump to: navigation, search
Contents [hide]
1 English
1.1 Prefix
1.1.1 Translations
1.1.2 Related terms

[edit] English

[edit] Prefix
electro-

Meaning electricity or electrical.

[edit] Translations
ur both wrong! LOL

cyrus-the-virus
03-13-2008, 09:58 PM
lol this thread is gold.

So even with an MQ valve which compleatly replaces the sear the cocker(even though it's still compleatly controled by electro pneumatic parts) still would just be a giant pile of dog crap?

Up until now EVERY person I have ever talked to has always refered an electronic marker as an "electro" reguradless of weather or not it used a pancake solenoid or pneumatic solenoid. Reguradless of weather the pneumatics were external or internal.

I'm pretty sure you just concoked this all in your head as an attemt to sound smart, or your just a troll coming in here for laughs.

Since you an "expert" on this topic, what would happen if I replaced the mechanical solenoid inside an E-mag with a pneumatic ram/solenoid? Would it then live up to your definition of an "electro"?

BTW, I love you you insult us by saying "I can see why no major corperations have ever consulted you" then when we ask who has consulted in you and you insist you have "nothing to prove". :rolleyes:

SCpoloRicker
03-13-2008, 10:23 PM
History major? History major??

Ruler_Mark
03-13-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm a still firm believer that a true eletronic gun will shoot the balls using eletricity and nothing else. therefore no gun is one yet :P

varq
03-14-2008, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=mpsd]My e-Mag (used on the Brazilian Paintball Cup in 2006) and my Alien Mag shots faster and with a better feel then any Shocker (sorry for the bad word here), Ego, DM, Angel or anything else I've ever tryed. You want fast? Take a look at that:

is that a pneu mag?

mpsd
03-14-2008, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=mpsd]My e-Mag (used on the Brazilian Paintball Cup in 2006) and my Alien Mag shots faster and with a better feel then any Shocker (sorry for the bad word here), Ego, DM, Angel or anything else I've ever tryed. You want fast? Take a look at that:

is that a pneu mag?

Electropneu, with a Predator 10.

KC
03-15-2008, 03:06 AM
First this thread = gold.

2nd mpsd, Ill have you know that my karta is not just for looks! It has... umm... well? oh! it has dual decents! Now thats performance! I tell you those detente are worth every penny. :D

mpsd is right, you can buy/build a very nice emag for $500.00

cpt
03-15-2008, 08:54 AM
You might want to keep a mag around when everthing else quits working...............trust me