PDA

View Full Version : quick question about classic valves...

SN toter
03-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I should know these answeres but I'm drawing a blank. I've really only ever played with RT's for the last few years so my memory is lacking with classic valve knowlege.

1 - I recently picked up a classic valve for a project and it is beautifully polished, just like the polished bodies. There are no markings on it where the "68 automag" lazer etching usually is, there are no stars and no serial number. There IS an etching for the oil diagram on the bottom of the valve. These were never like this from AGD right? The polish looks professional, very clean with no scuffs or anything and it's polished the whole way around, even where the oil engraving is on the bottom, which is the only reason I'm asking this.

2 - Whats the benefit of putting an R/T on/off in a classic mag? Just lightens the trigger a bit, right?

thanks guys

olinar
03-08-2008, 11:37 AM
I havent even looked at a classic valve in 6 or 7 months but I believe the oil diagram is engraved a little deeper so its safe to give it a nice polish on it and still have it there afterwards.

The rt on/off will lighten the trigger up some, I forget the numbers but its a considerable difference in weight pull.

03-08-2008, 02:21 PM
its about half the trigger pull weight

halB
03-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Question bout the rt on/off in a classic:

I don't really mind the trigger pull weight. I just love the snappiness of it. Will it still have that same snap back, less, more?

athomas
03-12-2008, 08:35 AM
The classic valve using a classic on-off will have a 8 lb trigger pull and a 8 lb return force. The classic valve usign a retro on-off will have a 4 lb trigger pull and a 8 lb return force.

The retro valve using a retro on-off will have a 4 lb trigger pull and approximately 16 lb return force based on a standard HPA source and a level 7 bolt. This return force changes depending on your bottle and marker setup.

A classic valve will not have the same snap back as a retro valve. It will be basically the same as a classic valve, but will feel a bit different due to the forces required to pull vs what is used to return the trigger.