PDA

View Full Version : A sneak peak at my new BEAST.. BIG thanks to rb211

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
This is my EP mag that is being completed by rb211. :hail: . It has the new V2 airwalk frame, Palmers stab, and has the goodies put in a total sleeper form.. We came up with some good sleeper ideas.. I will get more indept about the project when i send it off for anno and get her back... And now for the the pics..

In the sleeper form :cheers:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/100_2021-1.jpg

:wow: :wow: where is the trigger pin?? Also can see the on/off switch in this pic

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/100_2017.jpg

He came up with the idea to mount the micro switch in where the saftey usually catches the back of the trigger. If you look into the hole where the saftey usually is you can see the black micro switch and the set screws above the same hole... Since it has a on/off switch there was no need for the saftey anymore.. Trigger doesnt have both set screws in it or is that one set, these are just pics i wanted to post to show my fellow maggers what i had in store for my EP..

Here is a pic of inside the rail.. Can see the top of the on/off switch.. also see how we drilled and tapped the top of the asa to get the air line inside the rail.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/BREAD_DA_PAINTER/100_2022.jpg

This BEAST has a 25g switch inside her so it has the exact pull as a electro. :shooting: .

When i get it back from anno i will put a video of me shooting her....

Steelrat
03-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Looks good. However, that stab looks goofy on there. I'd think a 2-liter without an extension would look much, much better. If you're going all out, you might as well go ALL OUT.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Looks good. However, that stab looks goofy on there. I'd think a 2-liter without an extension would look much, much better. If you're going all out, you might as well go ALL OUT.

it will be annoed to the polished clear also.... i was looking at a fatty also.... :cheers:

Ruler_Mark
03-08-2008, 02:59 PM
you know what would ahve been better mounting the microswitch so it ran off of the trigger safety. for added sleeper. :argh:

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-08-2008, 03:24 PM
you know what would ahve been better mounting the microswitch so it ran off of the trigger safety. for added sleeper. :argh:

that is where she is... the 2 set screws above where the saftey switch usually is is holding the micro in place.... :headbang:

dyeforever
03-08-2008, 03:34 PM
how light is the trigger pull? im using a stock ion trigger switch and the pull is so light the if I turn the gun up the switch cant return the trigger.

Steelrat
03-08-2008, 03:37 PM
it will be annoed to the polished clear also.... i was looking at a fatty also.... :cheers:

It's not the shape, it's the length. It looks too long for the gun.

Ruler_Mark
03-08-2008, 03:43 PM
that is where she is... the 2 set screws above where the saftey switch usually is is holding the micro in place.... :headbang:

whats with the micro just behgind the foregrip then?

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-08-2008, 03:43 PM
how light is the trigger pull? im using a stock ion trigger switch and the pull is so light the if I turn the gun up the switch cant return the trigger.

the v2 airwalk has the magnet to reset the trigger so i have no issues with the trigger resetting... the micro switch is 25g..

dyeforever
03-08-2008, 03:45 PM
for some reason mine doesnt work. i think the magnet is to high.

Steelrat
03-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm hoping the trigger on those frames didn't sacrifice functionality for aesthetics.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-08-2008, 03:47 PM
for some reason mine doesnt work. i think the magnet is to high.

do you have the trigger set screw in? that is what the magnet pulls back into place.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-08-2008, 03:48 PM
whats with the micro just behgind the foregrip then?

Thats the on/off switch for the board..

olinar
03-08-2008, 05:13 PM
where does the magnet mount on the frame?

Call me dumb but i couldnt find a spot mount it.

+1 on the foregrip being too long. Maybe if it was flipped the other direction...

It does however look awesome, Pretty much what i was plannig on doing with mine but in dust black.

Shane-O-Mac
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM
The reg set-up looks odd. You realize that your feeding the Stab backwards? The extra piece you have in there is like a gauge adaptor, and you asa has an extra port on it for the same thing, you can get rid of some of the length. Heres how I would do it, run the T fitting into the input of the Stab, and run the bottom line to the grip asa or tank and the top line to the valve. Then use the gauge port on the reg or silver asa for a port for the LPR air from the stab.

rb211
03-09-2008, 10:04 AM
The stab is not being fed backwards.

Indignant
03-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm hoping the trigger on those frames didn't sacrifice functionality for aesthetics.

the most unfortunate thing about that would be the trigger looking rather wonky as well

Elemental
03-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey, I saw that gun last week at Classic. She looks real good.

Hilltop Customs
03-10-2008, 04:30 AM
Nice EP mag.....Thats the best place I could find to mount the trigger switch too, just I ran mine vertical so it could be adjustable with a set screw. Looks like you used the same noid as I did too....what board you go with?

Not to take anything away from your marker, but for true sleeper......I think ive got you beat :p
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/rhizzill/th_IMG_0116copy.jpg
my EP sleeper (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2491083#post2491083)

Whats your plans for anno? Those grips sure give you a huge canvas to work with.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Nice EP mag.....Thats the best place I could find to mount the trigger switch too, just I ran mine vertical so it could be adjustable with a set screw. Looks like you used the same noid as I did too....what board you go with?

Not to take anything away from your marker, but for true sleeper......I think ive got you beat :p
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/rhizzill/th_IMG_0116copy.jpg
my EP sleeper (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2491083#post2491083)

Whats your plans for anno? Those grips sure give you a huge canvas to work with.

im using a mini morlock board, im thinking of just keeping the red to clear and have to frame done to match... or a black and red acid wash.. just not sure if a acid wash would be to busy for the karta.. take away from its linwes...

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Hey, I saw that gun last week at Classic. She looks real good.

thanks.. told you what she was becoming... i will back at classic soon enough to unleash her..lol....

:cheers:

jay8541
03-14-2008, 06:23 PM
looks great man

the magnet on the Trigger frame itself will pull the trigger forward , it is not going to fight against you to reset or nothing but you can also put 2 magnets in there if you dont use the screw or if you wanted to you could also tap the 10/32 hole deeper i did not because i did not want to take the chance of breaking through but if you go easy it can be done more so on a maual machineor by hand

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
06-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Got this pic from thefool.. cant wait to get her put back together and unleash her... :dance: :headbang: .. Will be posting more when i get her and start the progress of putting it together :ninja:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/the13foolz/DSCN4732.jpg

punkncat
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Damn Bread, that looks good. I am looking forward to seeing that at AOS2.

TwilightG
06-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Is there anything keeping the sear from chewing through your airline?
Maybe it's just the pic but that looks a bit close to me.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
06-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Is there anything keeping the sear from chewing through your airline?
Maybe it's just the pic but that looks a bit close to me.

its just the way the hose moved when i removed the body. It stays away from the sear when the body is on.

Martin-- I will have all the bugs worked out of her by AOS2 :eek: .. She will be even better than last yr's version. :cheers: Cant wait to get back up to Krugers place.. i had a great time and hope this yr is even better... :headbang:

rb211
06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm almost finished with Bread's beast, still have to tweak the trigger a bit. None the less, it is screaming :shooting: !! Bread's going to post pics tomorrow.

pmstc
06-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Lookin pretty good. I MAY have seen that at classic, I'm not sure. I've seen a few mags out there.

rb211
06-18-2008, 10:30 PM
We were out there a couple of months ago with it when we were testing it. We spent more time screwing around with the settings than playing ball :mad: