PDA

View Full Version : Lots of trouble going on

Madcat_MK2
03-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Hello all. Today I finally got to use my RT-ULE Custom for the first time and..... its was a rather big disappointment. I ran into a few problems today and hopefully you guys can help me fix it.

Problem 1: I noticed today that sometimes the air would start leaking out the velocity screw even though I had not touched it in a while. Sometimes when I fired it would stop leaking then other times it would stop for like 4 secs then start leaking again. I took the valve apart and noticed that the the little oring inside had popped off and was floating about on the metal stem. Anyone know how to stop this or if it is normal?

Problem 2: When I first tuned the mag and fired about 40 shots, I had the red spring in and it shot beautifully, if a bit hot (didnt have crono, but left it at same spot today and it was shooting 304). Today, I got it to crono around 275 with the red spring in again. After about 250 shots on the field, I noticed it started leaking pretty bad down the barrel. So I figured the oring broke in and droppped down to the 1 carrier. The leaking stopped and I went on the field again. After about 20 shots the mag refused to fire and the trigger pin was getting stuck. Only way to fix it was to degas and regas the gun for another 20 shots or so.

After a few mins of this it totally stopped firing again, so I moved to the short spring and re crono to about 280. At first the gun would fire once, but then the trigger pin would not come out. I had to degas and regas again to get it to pop out. Eventually I just kept pulling the trigger till it worked and it seemed to "pop loose" eventually and start working. Then after about 600 shots or so it AGAIN started to leak down the barrel so I moved to the .5 carrier with the same spring and oring. It started to work ok, but sometime the trigger pin would stick again and I'd have to degas and regas or keep pulling the trigger till it popped out. Eventually I just kept playing like this till the end. After I went to try the red spring again and it just will not work. It would fire maybe one shot cranked up to max (till point where velocity screw wont turn anymore) and just die and so would the trigger pin. Sometimes I'd get a string going, but as soon as I stop to turn it down it no longer fired even when I cranked it back up. It only start firing again if it degassed and regassed (have not touched the ULT at all as AGD installed it, so I'd think it is fine). So now I just left it alone, frustrated and went on here to tell you guys.

Any idea on what is wrong with my mag? Is it possible I got a bad valve even though I did buy new from AGD? I also never once heard it vent out the back from too much pressure like I've heard everyone else say, so think that could be a possible cause as well? Thanks for any help.

jonny72888
03-09-2008, 06:50 PM
thats what happen to mine, it leaked out of the back and i just urned it down and it stopped.
it is a new valve so it could need some break in time. when i got my x valve i just emptied my 68/45 before i even tunned it, i would do like 300 shots and put a drop of oil in. so all the seals would break in. then i did the lvl10 and the the ult.

Madcat_MK2
03-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I did about a 1,300 rounds despite my problems, so I think its broken in as most people say it took about 1000 shots.

jonny72888
03-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I did about a 1,300 rounds despite my problems, so I think its broken in as most people say it took about 1000 shots.
but thats while you were changing things on it right?

Madcat_MK2
03-09-2008, 08:45 PM
For the most part yeah. Every change got a few hundred rounds put in before a problem showed up with the final one having the bigger part of the 1300.

michbich
03-09-2008, 09:09 PM
So with all those changes, where are you at now? Kinda difficult to pin point the problem with all that changing.

1) Leaking from the velocity adjuster: I had that problem aswell, my piston assembly oring turns pretty loosely so i greased the o-ring with non-petroleum grease (plumbing grease), Haven't had a problem with it unless i crank up the velo.

2)Leaking from barrel: did you oil your marker? Maybe the carrier o-ring was too dry. If it's not firing, how much pressure do you have left in your tank?

Usualy, it's not the equipement's fault but the user's. Although it is possible, i highly dought the problems are caused by faulty equipement.

Madcat_MK2
03-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Right now with problem 1 it has seemed to have stopped after i pushed to oring back on nice and tightly, but like I mentioned before I never seem to get the venting from excessive pressure. I even got the marker to max out at 345fps with no room left to turn the screw and it still was not venting in any way like I've heard people mention it supposed to do went turned that high.

problem 2 is I put lots of oil in the beginning before play as it was 34 degrees and figured the extra oil was needed. I still have left the marker on carrier .5 with the short spring with still some mild trigger pin sticking with it. With the red spring forget it, it never fires unless I do a degas/regas cycle even then only good for a shot or two and the trigger pin sticks in constantly anyway. Still have not touched to ULT since AGD put it in for me and the tank itself has about 1600psi left at 900psi output, but these problems have been happening even with the tank at 2500psi (all they could do at the field).

michbich
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Right now with problem 1 it has seemed to have stopped after i pushed to oring back on nice and tightly, but like I mentioned before I never seem to get the venting from excessive pressure. I even got the marker to max out at 345fps with no room left to turn the screw and it still was not venting in any way like I've heard people mention it supposed to do went turned that high.

problem 2 is I put lots of oil in the beginning before play as it was 34 degrees and figured the extra oil was needed. I still have left the marker on carrier .5 with the short spring with still some mild trigger pin sticking with it. With the red spring forget it, it never fires unless I do a degas/regas cycle evne then only good for a shot or two and the trigger pin sticks in constantly anyway. Still have not touched to ULT since AGD put it in for me and the tank itself has about 1600psi left at 900psi output, but these problems have been happening even with the tank at 2500psi (all they could do at the field).

You are sure that the .5 carrier isn't too tight? When raising your velocity, it doesn't want to fire more?

I know nothing about the ULT, so if it's an ULT problem, i am in the dark.

Snap32
03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I dont know if this could be the problem, but you said you put a lot oil in the gun, well i made that mistake once, and it leaked on me, but once i took it apart and cleaned it out and dried all the oil off and put just the proper amount she worked like a charm

Madcat_MK2
03-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Well, the .5 carrier does grip a little bit more then I would think is "correct" by everyone words on how it should feel, but if I go up to the 1 or 1.5 it starts to leak out the front. The velocity pin I think I've maxed out as when I try to turn it the pin it kind of hits something and becomes much harder so I'm afraid to turn it past this point in case I break something inside.

In response to Snap32, how much oil is too much? When I played that day I probably put a least 7 drops total into my macro line hose near the valve thinking I'd make up for the cold a bit and I've heard people say to keep it well oiled so I figured that is what they meant.