PDA

View Full Version : Dang its hard to let go...lol

punkncat
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Being a marker hoarder/ gun whore can be tough. I am having to slim down my collection due to many reasons.

I sold three today and boxing them up was tough. I have lots more to go, and soon will be on to the really hard ones to sell. I have nine left and will have to slim it down to around four.....I am not looking forward to making the tough choices concerning some of my "pride and joy" like deciding between a couple of mags I have built up and which of my electros to keep.

Honestly it's not like I actually shoot co2 anymore, even though I kept several markers that would shoot it, just in case. It's been so long since I actually have that all but one of about five co2 tanks are out of date. One of my loaner HPA tanks was too.... I got rid of, and will be getting rid of several of my bulletproof loaner mechs like the M98, and a classic mag. Haven't actually had a new player game with me in some time. My kids haven't played in over a year, my wife in several years. Its hard to justify just having them in a case collecting dust.

The really hard part is going to be resisting the temptation to pick back up collecting again later.....

Steelrat
03-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I've let so many nice markers go you wouldn't believe it. However, in the end, its the game I enjoy, and I only need one marker to play. Plus, even if it goes down, what do I end up losing? $20 entry fee? That's a lot cheaper than a $500+ backup.

So it's one marker at a time for me. But I feel your pain, it's tough to let go.

michbich
03-09-2008, 10:33 PM
I can't understand how you feel, i have 2 crappy mags compred to you guys and i would hate to part with them.

Zone Drifter
03-10-2008, 04:19 AM
What kinda urks me sometimes is that when i think about selling one of mine, I think about how much money I actually put into building it. After that... I just decide to keep it because i won't get more than half that on ebay. :rolleyes:

Hilltop Customs
03-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Its just like anything else.....when "NEW" stuff is coming out every year, value drops dramatically.

My friend spend about $2000 on his autococker way back when. Thats evan a low estimate.....but now he would be lucky to get $250 if he resold it....maybe $400 if he sold it an all the spare parts.

Its hard to beat some of the deals you can find though :wow: