PDA

View Full Version : NEW HALO the dark halo

DaXtremeist
01-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Warped Sportz are releasing the Dark halo.
features are:
metal ball bearings
22 - 27 bps feed rate
and an upgraded pulley system.

just thought no one mentioned it and that i would : )

all for aprox 15 bux more

i think the pulley system will make it quieter. but i will find out next week when it comes in.

IceCool32
01-17-2002, 08:01 PM
22-27 BPS? WOW! That's insano! Well....looks like you Emag guys may have found your match. It'll probably be insanely loud as well.

Magsrule3
01-17-2002, 08:06 PM
WOW! Where did you get that from?

DaXtremeist
01-17-2002, 08:10 PM
got the info from my local shop wich they know the guys at warped sportz. (at least they say they do) they are getting 4 in and selling 3.

slateman
01-17-2002, 08:13 PM
pics? LINK?!?

Where can I get this?!?!?

zads27
01-17-2002, 08:41 PM
Wow, sounds pretty amazing as far as feed rate goes..

No longer will loaders be the bottleneck (at all) in paintballing..

Just wondering, most warped sportz stuff is usually somewhat unique.. is this gonna have a special Halo "gem", different color/design, etc?

bratch
01-17-2002, 09:06 PM
I should have my dark here middle of next week. May have to get the DarK IR3 to go with it

DaXtremeist
01-17-2002, 09:21 PM
they said there will be a dark halo gem instead of the normal halo gem.

datapimp69
01-17-2002, 09:47 PM
and my halo just came in today.

just my luck

orderd mine a month ago

well it will have to do

thecavemankevin
01-17-2002, 09:49 PM
let us know your impression of it as soon as you get it in!!

I am thinking about getting a halo, but figured i would wait until they have been out a little while longer.

Lentz
01-17-2002, 10:04 PM
did the nppl change their rules i thought force fed hoppers arent allowed or how does the halo work with the nppl rules.

a_malfunction
01-17-2002, 10:12 PM
Halo isnt a force feed system. At least I dont think it is :).... Im pretty sure it is legal.

Lentz
01-17-2002, 11:25 PM
how is it not a force feed it has a cup that scoops up paintballs and forces them down the feed neck its not an agitator like a rev or rico or zap. the warp gets away with force feeding in the tourny scence cause the balls have to go thru a loader to start with. i thnk the halo is a great product and dont wana bash it but i just wana know how the tourny rules work with it.

Bartleby
01-17-2002, 11:49 PM
the halo is by no means a force-feed system. It works as does the revy. The revy mixes up the balls to break up the jams, where as the halo sorts them. It has a disk with holes the same diameter as a paintball that spins rapidly, sorting the balls directly into the feedneck. It does not, by any means, force the balls down the feedneck. Thus, tournies will have no issues with it as there are none to be had.

Hysperion
01-18-2002, 12:03 AM
I don't mean to sound stupid but if there was such thing as a Dark Halo coming out (I'm not saying there isnt), why wouldn't warped sportz have it up on their website? They've got the dark ir3 up and that comes out in over a month. If this is coming out next week wouldn't they be hyping it up? I just put down the cash for a halo and would be very pissed if this one is alot nicer for only $15...Seems too good to be true to me.....

DiRTyBuNNy
01-18-2002, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't doubt that they're working on it..but i feel it's too soon after the Halo's come out...some stores near Warped Sportz might be peddling proto's of the new Dark Halo but it just seems a little fishy that they're gonna have it only less than a month after the original Halo has come out..

FooTemps
01-18-2002, 12:13 AM
The halo doesn't really throw them down the feed neck anyways. It stacks them in a row and then they go down a feedneck. The disc isn't spinning directly above the feed neck so it isn't really pushing the balls out.

AngelBoy
01-18-2002, 06:49 AM
Once again, we ask you the question: Where did you get this info?

DaXtremeist
01-18-2002, 07:15 AM
i got all the info from Adrenalin Rush from Port Charlote Florida. and if ya want more proof go to www.warpedsportz.com then to info, forum, warped forum, HALO

a little VERY LIITLE info there but more proof they are do out next week.

Bartleby
01-18-2002, 07:37 AM
alright i checked it out, but i didn't see anything about the feedrate being nearly 10bps more than a normal halo. Show me where it's written.

Gecko
01-18-2002, 07:37 AM
the normal halo will be easily upgradable to any new specs that come out. Hell you can do the ball bearings yourself just measure the sizes and order them from tower hobbies.
granted you wont have the newbie quivering dark halo gell sticker but heck we can still survive
Gecko

DaXtremeist
01-18-2002, 08:24 AM
the 22-27 bps is what the store owner was told by Warped Sportz same with the internals being metal not plastic.

there is no official written stats about the dark halo that i can found. i was just informing everyone of what i was informed about. usually this guy has very reliable info on any warped sportz products.

Hysperion
01-18-2002, 09:28 AM
Looks like a bunch of newbies with like 7 posts talking to me.

CTG
01-18-2002, 10:04 AM
Belt drive? Definitely not next week.
All this for 15.00 more, (Hysperion) yes it is to good to be true.
I'm sure we will make formal announcements, as each new product is ready for release. (Odyssey's website) Testing new stuff at this time has been very limited, as most of my time has been spent preparing the HALO for production. Be patient, there will be a lot more from Odyssey, this is only the beginning.

media
01-18-2002, 12:50 PM
I would think using pulleys (I'm assuming belt drive) would reduce the battery life unless the bearings offset the added friction.
A redesigned halo that could run off an external battery (like emag's battery) and carry closer to 200 rounds would be a good seller. Six AA batteries is a noticable amount of weight to have above your gun. If I had a warp drive/emag setup I'd want to try and power the halo off the emag battery. I'll probably buy one soon either way.

Richter
01-20-2002, 03:24 PM
dark halo is a halo with metal internals and a warped sportz jewel on it.