PDA

View Full Version : Comparison between RT Pro Vs. RT - ULE

pk5
03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone

I am really new to the mag world, so just a few question.

What is the different between the rt-pro and the rt-ule? Is it worth the price difference?

thanks

Indignant
03-10-2008, 10:58 PM
an RT-ULE is an RT Pro with a ULE body. it'll be lighter, newer, and i believe it'll have an x-valve which an RT-Pro won't necessarily always have.

questionful
03-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Forget about the mags on agd's website. Mag naming is confusing at first. Here's what you need to know:

There are two basic categories of automags. Those with "classic" valves, and those with "RT" valves. Within those categories are several versions. Some are identical with a different name, some have small differences, a few have big differences

I think this is a fairly accurate/complete list:

Classic
A.I.R
68 Automag Classic
Minimag
Sydarm (oddball)

RT
Classic RT (oddball) forget about this version for now
ReTro
RT Pro
E-mag
E-Max
X-mag
X-valve

All classic valves use the same mechanism.
Classic Animation from ZDSPB (http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/automag1.gif)

All RT valves use the same mechanism.
E-mag Animation from ZDSPB (http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/rtemag2_6fps.gif)
Pneumag Animation from ZDSPB (http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/pneumag_5fps.gif)
Notice that the two valves in the E-mag and the pneumag are identical. They could be any version of RT valve except for a classic RT valve (it's an oddball)

Then there are different types of bodies and rails. Some take cocker threaded barrels, some take twist-lock barrels. They'll all fit any valve except sydarm and classic RT valves. There are the old stainless steel bodies, ULE bodies, Tac bodies (the only defining characteristic of a tac one), and one-piece body/rail bodies: micromag bodies (once made by PTP), Micro- Z bodies (something like that), X-mag bodies, SFL bodies. Then there are custom bodies.
I don't know much about the rails, except that some accommodate different kinds of sear axles (I think).
And pretty much all frames fit all rails.
So there's most of what I know, some might be wrong, please correct anything you notice is wrong or missing.
I hope that helps you understand automags, I know they were confusing for me at first.

Indignant
03-11-2008, 01:14 AM
you confused him

questionful
03-11-2008, 01:26 AM
I was a mag noob not long ago and what most confused me was the naming. I didn't know the difference between an RT Pro, an RT ULE, an E-Tac, an E-mag, a Pneu-mag, a classic mag, a minimag, a 68 classic, an automag, a karta mag, a pro classic. . . you get the point. Of course it all seemed much simpler once I realized you can name it whatever you want, a mag is just a collection of a few different parts.

pk5
03-11-2008, 01:43 AM
So basically an RT Pro have:

RT valve
RT trigger
Twist lock barrel

while the RT - ULE have

Newer body type + the rail for show
x valve
level 10
ULE trigger pull
y frame

Cost different: $180.00

Assuming the cost different above, is it worth it?

thanks

Ninjeff
03-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Its worth it. ULE is alot lighter, newer, is aluminum so if you wanna anno it later you can, and takes cocker threaded barrels which are tons easier to find than twist locks. In the long run (once you get addicted to mags) you'll want all the ULE bits anyway. trust me. :)

The body type and rail arent "just for show" they weigh about 1/2 as much too.