PDA

View Full Version : Need some help, gun won't shoot and 'Gold Star' Question

Pooker
03-11-2008, 11:35 AM
First of all here's a picture:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/Pooker212/CIMG6575.jpg
Now what I'm having problems with is I can't get the gun to shoot. It airs up fine but when I pull the trigger the bolt either comes out about a half inch into the breach and just kinda farts out a bit of air, which i have to stick my finger in the breach to push the bolt back into position for it to do it again. Now other times it just won't do anything at all when I pull the trigger.
Someone suggest it was because of two things:
1) I was using an LPA tank which was causing bolt stick.
2) the trigger needed to be adjusted so it would activate the sear properly, which it is set now (different from the picture) just barely behind the trigger.

So any ideas on that would be appreciated. I also haven't put any oil into the gun because I'm out at the moment.

Next:
The guy I bought the gun from said it had a 'Gold Star' from AGD on it. To which he explained to me was a free rebuild and tune up if you sent it in to AGD.
Can anybody explain this into some further detail to me? or how I would figure out if it does have a 'Gold Star' on it.

Much appreciated!

michbich
03-11-2008, 12:02 PM
That "gold star" system just means that you can send it to AGD to get it fixed for free once. The star should be on the valve, on the opposite side of the pic you have shown.

About your bolt stick, is your screw holding the valve too tight? It's only suppose to be tightened with your fingers. Make sure the bolt and spring can atleast fit all the way in the body. I had that problem with the LVLx, i had to sand .005" on the DIA because it simply wouldn't fit. Take your bolt and spring and push it with a spatula or something, do you feel it wedging or does it look like it can fully cycle?

Edit: I just checked out my minimag that has a Benchy, you'r sear rod seems to be at the right position on your pic.

joelbird
03-11-2008, 12:03 PM
you need to run HPA through the gun 800 or higher psi for the gun to run. or CO2, run that through first then we can help you figure out the problem if there are any after that....

Pooker
03-11-2008, 07:22 PM
That "gold star" system just means that you can send it to AGD to get it fixed for free once. The star should be on the valve, on the opposite side of the pic you have shown.

About your bolt stick, is your screw holding the valve too tight? It's only suppose to be tightened with your fingers. Make sure the bolt and spring can atleast fit all the way in the body. I had that problem with the LVLx, i had to sand .005" on the DIA because it simply wouldn't fit. Take your bolt and spring and push it with a spatula or something, do you feel it wedging or does it look like it can fully cycle?

Edit: I just checked out my minimag that has a Benchy, you'r sear rod seems to be at the right position on your pic.
Alright, thanks.
I'll try lossining the thumbscrew and air it up, because I tightened it snug with a allen key.
And yes it has the star on it.
In your opinion, which do you think would be the better option for as of now:
Take the mag into my AGD certified airsmith can look at it and tune it up and wait for something catastrophic to happen to it before using my star... orrr
Send it into AGD to get tuned up etc for free?
I'm in Canada so it's gonna be a while if I have to send it in.

EDIT: I just unscrewed and re-screwed the back thumb screw in by hand.
Well it started to leak from several places, but i could kinda half-*** make the bolt engage and go forward all the way and back.
It would leak less down the barrel when i had the trigger in rather than out.
It defiantly needs a tune up.

michbich
03-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Where are you located in Canada? I think we can help you out and save your star for another time.

If you tightened the feild screw with an alen key, it's way too tight.

Pooker
03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Where are you located in Canada? I think we can help you out and save your star for another time.

I'm about an hour north of Toronto, Barrie.

michbich
03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
[...]
EDIT: I just unscrewed and re-screwed the back thumb screw in by hand.
Well it started to leak from several places, but i could kinda half-*** make the bolt engage and go forward all the way and back.
It would leak less down the barrel when i had the trigger in rather than out.
It defiantly needs a tune up.

Check your on/off o-ring if it leaks from the barrel when the trigger is pulled back.

Pooker
03-11-2008, 07:47 PM
lol, where is the On/off o-ring?
I'm totally new to mags.

Dawg047
03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Is your rear thumb screw in enough (the screw on the back of the trigger frame)? It looks like your valve is too far away from the body, I notice the gap between the body and the valve. Looks odd to me. Should be pretty much flush with the body, no gap.

michbich
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/4/3/11/f_DSCF5776m_e7ffd18.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/3/11/f_DSCF5776m_e7ffd18.jpg&srv=img29)

Dawg047
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM

Not true at all. The tolerance with the Eclipse rail may be different than a standard rail and it actually might need to be tightened quite a bit so the valve does not move. I have to tighten mine with an allen all the time because it is un-annoed and therefore the tolerance is different.

michbich
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Is your rear thumb screw in enough (the screw on the back of the trigger frame)? It looks like your valve is too far away from the body, I notice the gap between the body and the valve. Looks odd to me. Should be pretty much flush with the body, no gap.

I have my minimag in my hands and i have a gap of about 1-2 mm without any problems.

BiNumber3
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
posted on yer other thread, but have u checked how flush the body tube is with the rail? and whether or not yer missing yer rail bushing?

Dawg047
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Ok, it might just be the angle of the pic. It looked odd. If the marker is leaking down the barrel, huge chance it is the powertube o-ring. If you take the valve out and slide the bolt off, there is a brass tip with a slot. Take a quarter or nickel and unscrew it. There should be an oring on the threads, that is not it. Turn the valve up side down and a brass spacer should fall out. Behind it, there should be an o-ring. Replace it, that is your powertube o-ring. Try that and report back.

michbich
03-11-2008, 08:40 PM
I know it's pretty basic, but have you oiled the marker?

Pooker
03-11-2008, 09:52 PM
lol, no I haven't I think i mentioned that in the first post.
Thanks for all the help guys.
I'm going to try and do as you said later on tomorrow.

SchoolU101
03-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Before you try anything, you should really go buy some oil. Oil is like AGD Holy water. If that doesn't fix it then you can move on.