PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 help

DarkNidan {MWB}
03-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Couple of months ago I bought a level 10. I keep blowing off the foamy on the bolt. I have been using supper glue to attach the foamy to the bolt. I am not sure what the factory used to install. Does any body know of a better way to attach the foamy.

Also how do i tell the differance between the shims they are not labled. I am trying to find the "sweet spot" (no leaks). I continue to have issues.

gunangel
03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey,

the shims are all the same thickness (unless your using ULT shims along with the Level X shims), maybe try cleaning off the bolt before applying the foamie, if that fails take a very very small piece of sandpaper and scratch where the foamie is supposed to sit before applying superglue.

Good luck,
Brian

michbich
03-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Couple of months ago I bought a level 10. I keep blowing off the foamy on the bolt. I have been using supper glue to attach the foamy to the bolt. I am not sure what the factory used to install. Does any body know of a better way to attach the foamy.

Also how do i tell the differance between the shims they are not labled. I am trying to find the "sweet spot" (no leaks). I continue to have issues.

Like it was said, the shims are all the same thickeness. For the foamy getting shot out of the barrel, use epoxy.

athomas
03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Superglue eats the neoprene. Use a good epoxy to hold the foamy in place. Make sure the front of the valve is clean before application.

Level 10 shims are all 0.010" thick. To increase the thickness, stack several shims.

Shims in a level 10 don't add to a "sweet spot" like the power tube spacers used to. Level 10 shims only adjust the minimum distance that the bolt has to move in order to vent air and reset. Even without any shims installed, the bolt will most likely move far enough during a breach blockage to vent the air and reset. Thus, I wouldn't waste too much time on that part of the setup.

Jim2752
03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
My foamy kept blowing off and I lost it. Do I really need it?

DarkNidan {MWB}
03-12-2008, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=athomas]Superglue eats the neoprene. Use a good epoxy to hold the foamy in place. Make sure the front of the valve is clean before application.

Thanks for the info about the superglue.

I am sorry for the confuson about the shims. I meant to say spacers. I do not understand the differenance between the spacers.

athomas
03-12-2008, 05:58 PM
I am sorry for the confuson about the shims. I meant to say spacers. I do not understand the differenance between the spacers.I think you are probably referring to the carriers. They are the brass pieces that hold the white powertube oring in place. The sizes are indicated by lines and dots machined into the outer surface. Each line represents 1 full size. A dot represents a 1/2 size. eg; 1 line = size 1, 1 line and 1 dot = size 1.5, 2 lines = size 2, 2 lines and 1 dot = size 2.5.