PDA

View Full Version : Bruins!!!!!

gimp
01-17-2002, 08:53 PM
Bruins just beat the Senators 5 to 2!! There was a good fight too. Any other bruins fans here?

PowderdToastMan
01-17-2002, 09:56 PM
heh heh whats a bruin?? no j/k i dont keep up with hockey living in tampa with prob the worst team in the nation with one of the best goalys.

headcase
01-17-2002, 10:46 PM
Don't really follow hockey, but I check the standing every once is a while to see how they are doing. I do the same with the Sox, and Celtics, the only team I really follow is the Pats.

pumpamatic
01-18-2002, 01:28 AM
I've been loving the Red Wings for a few years now, and I'm rolling in it now that they are doing so awesome this year. Hasek is just what they needed. I LOVE IT. Stanley Cup's coming to Detroit this year, no doubt about it.

Xzion
01-18-2002, 01:30 PM
I use to be a Bruins fan, but I had to follow Ray Bourque over to the Avalanche... kinda glad he did too, he deserved to win the cup after all those years sticking it out with the bruins. :(

Cliffio
01-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by pumpamatic
I've been loving the Red Wings for a few years

right a few years ago just when the started to get good

*cough* *band wagon* *cough*

st. louis blues, usually put up a good fuight but never seem to put it together in the playoffs

wyn1370
01-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by pumpamatic
I've been loving the Red Wings for a few years now, and I'm rolling in it now that they are doing so awesome this year. Hasek is just what they needed. I LOVE IT. Stanley Cup's coming to Detroit this year, no doubt about it.

Wings are great, but I root for the Penguins till they loose, then I cheer the wings on

Thordic
01-18-2002, 02:01 PM
Im a pretty hard core Rangers fan, they are so dissaponting lately. Probably one of the most talented offenses in the game (Lindros, Fleury, Nedved, Dvorak, Leetch, etc.) Those guys are ALL easily capable of having 20+ goals by now, but instead, who is the most impressive offensive player on the team lately? Jeff freakin Toms. This guy is barely out of the minors usually, but he plays his heart out every game, and we love him for it, but 90% of the team just isn't playing.

Sather needs to fire Ron Low, the guy sucks as a coach. Fire Low, and then name Messier as a coach. Messier is done playing, and I think then they'd have a chance at the cup again.

If the Rangers are out, I usually root for the Devils or Sabres. I'm a fan of Keith Tkuchuk, so I used to like the Coyotes a little bit, but now that the Rangers failed to pick him up, I give up on him :) Before I used to have ope that hed end up with the Rangers, but they blew that trade and went for Lindross. Tkuchuk is like a LIndross clone, without the concussion problems. Oh well...

I'm always up for hockey talk :) Only sport I follow...

P8ntball Freak
01-18-2002, 02:56 PM
The flyers rule they kick *** I dont know why your talkin bout the Bruins!!!

Go Flyers !!!

gimp
01-18-2002, 04:35 PM
I've always been a bruins fan. I like all the New England teams. I'm more concerend with the Pats and Bruins though. Basketball and baseball don't interest me that much. It's lookin good for the Pats and the Bruins. I was happy when Ray Bourque got the cup though, even though it was with the wrong team.

Thordic
01-18-2002, 05:55 PM
Flyers SUCK!! Rangers will own them by the end of the season :)

pumpamatic
01-18-2002, 11:11 PM
Ok, I started liking the Wings the year before they won the Stanley, 97 I think it was, back when they still had the Russian Five. Federov, Larinov, Fetisov, Kozlov, and Konstantinov. Now Konstantinov is done forever after he was injured in a limousine crash not even a month after they won the cup, and I think they traded Fetisov. I was rooting for them last year, but after they lost Yzerman and Shanahan with injuries, they were kinda screwed, and I could tell they weren't going anywhere. I wanted the Devils to take it last year, Scott Stevens rocks.

ThePatriot
01-18-2002, 11:35 PM
I am an old old skool rangers fan, i was at the stanley cup game in i think it was 93 or 94(cant exactly remember) when they won it. I was only like 8 but i still remember it

paintballrulzs
01-19-2002, 05:29 PM
u gotta love it the bruins and pats r both reckin house

gimp
01-19-2002, 11:48 PM
Did the rangers play the bruins in that stanley cup game in 93 or 94?

Anyway, I'm so pissed offf!!!!!!!!!Bruins lost to the Blues, 2 to 1, in OT (I think)!!!! At least the Pats won. I was still angry at the bruins though, so it didn't please me as much.

Thordic
01-24-2002, 11:57 AM
Hmm.. I dont hear any bruins fans talking now... You boys got schooled last night.

GO RANGERS!

gimp
01-24-2002, 12:49 PM
yeah, that was pretty rough. Maybe I should delete this thread in shame.

Cliffio
01-24-2002, 01:05 PM
its ok

anyways, yeah blues won last night too
they are on a 10 game win streak

go blues!

Jonno06
01-24-2002, 01:55 PM
i used to watch hockey,only to see gretzky.L.A.!!!!!!KINGS ruled.i also live in tampa,and hate lightning,i kinda like the rangers though,good team(and pinguins)

j.t.
01-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Byron Dafoe all the way!:D

Jonno06
01-25-2002, 09:55 PM
I think that Lyndros is like the best in hockey at this moment,some may think differently,but that is my opinion,who does everyone else like???

j.t.
01-26-2002, 08:12 AM
Well if your favorite is Eric Lindros then mine has to be Scott Stevens for nearly ending his hockey career last year...

Jonno06
01-26-2002, 09:50 AM
Yea,he almost ended his career,key word is"almost".