PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a good air tank?

sunjess
03-12-2008, 03:14 PM
I bit the bullet and ordered the Tac-One im really excited, I am thinking about going remote with the special ops air though stock, can someone recommend a good air tank for the tac??

Also I didnt order the Hose/Air Adapter Pack because the guy I spoke to on the phone at AGD said if I was going remote I would not need the adapter pack. I do need something however, can someone point me in the right direction as to what additional parts I will need to get this thing "fully armed and opperational".

Thanks again

Doug

warbeak2099
03-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I've had great experience with Nitro Duck tanks. Ireg and Plasma tanks are supposedly great. ND's out of business now though, so I'm not sure if you can get service for those tanks anymore. Maybe PB Mania does it now.

That having been said, Crossfire tanks are ridiculously high quality at a great price. It's $159 for a 68/45. I just picked up a 70/45 Crossy for the same price.

Foxworthy
03-12-2008, 03:19 PM
When i ran remote I used a black 90 degree swivel with the quick disconnect nipple on it and connected the remote to that. The swivel gave abit more mobility then a regular 90 degree and allowed enough room so that the slide check and female quick disconnect didn't scratch my valve.

You should be good with any High Pressure HPA tank. Running remote you can use a bigger tank for more air. If you want an adjustable tank you'll probably have to buy used but it should give you more control of reactivity.

Enjoy your new mag!

sunjess
03-13-2008, 12:06 PM
can anyone tell me if this would be a good choice for the tac-one?

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CWtoi3yyZ1lptDtraxuoI3ZmN1g3g_0DCr4=?Pro ductID=_wXAqArbOmoAAAEYkJYww3Y8#

it has a fixedOutput pressure preset to 800.

also, can anyone tell me when I do get the tac-one shipped to me will I have to tweak it or should it be pretty much plug and play?

I appreciate all of the help.

Doug

abunkerer
03-13-2008, 12:50 PM
crossfire makes great air systems.
Their regulators have one of the fastest recharge rates of any out there.

If you are going "remote" then you could save a few bucks and get a crossfire tank without the "grip"... the grip was put there to make the gun more stabilized against your shoulder while aiming.

save some dough and buy a used one here on AO in the classifieds
:cheers:

sunjess
03-13-2008, 01:12 PM
thanks for the reply, I see a lot of chicago folk out here, im in the grayslake area. Where do you guys play. I heard gurnee shut their doors...is there any decent places around the wiso border?

Hexis
03-13-2008, 02:34 PM
AGD FLatline

What have one for sale? Perhaps, but it's still a good reg/tank. L:)

abunkerer
03-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I play at badlandz in the summer, kind of a long ride for you, but it is my favorite field.

Operation Paintball is still open, they are up north by you... and "stinger" is indoor, it is in wisconsin and is probably the nicest indoor field anywhere

thanks for the reply, I see a lot of chicago folk out here, im in the grayslake area. Where do you guys play. I heard gurnee shut their doors...is there any decent places around the wiso border?

cyrus-the-virus
03-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I prefer macdev tanks. Their light and never had a problem keeping up.

Storminnorman
03-14-2008, 11:40 AM
BFG, Paintball Sams, and many others. I just purchased a 114 4500 Nitro Duck used but in great shape it has a 5 year hydro with 4 years left. Its adjustable from 200 to 900 psi and I love it. Except I wont be carring it on my back so I might down grade to something smaller pm me if your interested. I'm on the border maybe 25 minutes from Grayslake let me know.

sunjess
03-14-2008, 12:38 PM
thanks guys. I wish I would have known there were so many people that would sell me used tanks. I ended up getting a new crossfire 88ci 4500 800psi fixed.

you mentioned BFG..where is that place? in Wisco or IL?