PDA

View Full Version : New to " high end markers " and have ?'s.

Buckwheat
01-17-2002, 09:03 PM
I have been in pballing for just over a year and have decided to move up to a better marker. Having looked at my options of markers I narrowed it down to a Classic Mag.
I want to run on co2. Will an exp. chamber, and remote allow me to do this? I am used to my M98 and how reliable it is, it looks to me that AGD products are cut from the same cloth. Any comments appreciated. Thanks

Gunga
01-17-2002, 09:17 PM
Yeah, you'll be able to run your Mag with CO2 just fine with an expansion chamber and a remote. I'd suggest a 6 stage expansion chamber, like the ACI at: http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/035-1001.html

That's how I ran my Mag for the first several months that I had it.

PowderdToastMan
01-17-2002, 09:18 PM
yes, if you use a remote and gas through foregrip you should be fine. Also AGD is very reliable you shouldent have too much troulble.

Whisper
01-17-2002, 09:37 PM
CO2 works with my Mag, with very few problems. If you run it bottomline, make sure you have an anti syphon tank. There is a page at palmers or doc nickels site on how to do this to your tank, or if you're not sure go to an airsmith and have it done. It makes a night and day difference, even with an x-chamber. Good luck, and welcome aboard.

RJR99SS
01-17-2002, 09:48 PM
whats the adress on those sites whisper?

Dealaman
01-17-2002, 11:20 PM
I'd highly recommend you try to use nitrogen. I dont even consider co2 an option for my guns anymore.

mrhooie
01-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Make absolutley sure you buy a parts kit when you buy it..

You may need on/off o-rings if you are going to run co2 (they're what freeze)

joeyjoe367
01-18-2002, 12:37 PM
... i don't think you need to replace any o-rings for Co2. Have you considered using an anti-siphon tank? it should help a great deal in keeping liquid out.

If you're a dedicated paintball player, and nitrogen is available in your area for a reasonable price, I would also highly recommend gettting a nitrogen system. Cheap 47cui ones go for $50-$60 on the classifieds here, and it's only a bit more than a 20 oz tank. Let me tell you, the differance if phenominal. Especially in cold weather.

311automag
01-18-2002, 03:46 PM
i think he was talking about buying a parts kit because the o-rings might need to be replaced more often when using co2. you shouldn't have any problems running on co2 if you have a good x-chamber or remote but i would try and save up for nitro it will be much better in the long run.

mrhooie
01-18-2002, 08:01 PM
Yup - sure was talking about having to replace the on/off o-ring more due to freezing.

Even with an anti-syphon tank, i've seen frozen on/off rings.

With an expansion chamber, you have a little more control and can tell when the on/off starts to freeze (my friend's only starts to get bolt stick at about 11ºC) and this is only during 4 or 5 balls per second.

just my thoughts.

*but - please get a parts kit - you'll thank me later :D

Buckwheat
01-21-2002, 09:00 PM
Changed my mind to a mini-mag.
And a extra parts kit.
Thanks guy's.

Drizit
01-22-2002, 11:02 AM
you know a decent reg isn't much more then an X chamber, you may want to look into it. you just have to make sure you get one that can deal with the liquid without freezing up. they also help to keep liquid out of the gun better then and x chamber. another thought for you. toss an x chamber, an anti-syphen tank, and a reactive trigger kit in your m98 and you will have a devistating peace of equipment. that's what i have for my project gun. when it's done it will be my big game gun. it's just weighting for a flatline, warp, and tippmann granade launcher(and a strap, it'll be heavy.)

SGTKennedy
01-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Drizit
it's just weighting for a flatline, warp, and tippmann granade launcher(and a strap, it'll be heavy.)
I bet it will. my only complaints with the m98 are it gets long and the weight. a 12" on it and if you dont df the tank you have a 30" monster on your hands.
weighting for a flatline. hehe.

Buckwheat
01-22-2002, 06:24 PM
Ordered a mini today from my local dealer. He said his supplier had verticle feed minis. I told him to get me a Freak also but he said they don't make them for it yet. Now I have to find a cheap barrel to get me by :mad:

paintbattler
01-22-2002, 07:42 PM
yes. CO2 will work fine with your expansion chamber and remote. i also suggest an ACI Subzero.i had one and my gun did not freeze up at all. bu i highly reccomemnd nitrogen/hpa

Smokee_2_7
01-23-2002, 09:30 AM
Buckwheat,

Yes, there are Freak systems for centerfeed mags out there

Ive seen them myself- - - Load SM5 had one on his centerfeed emag (his original one, before the SFL).

You could pbobably PM him and find out where you can get one from-- i must know that they are out there, some where.

Hope this helps.

Drizit
01-23-2002, 11:28 AM
true they do get a bit big. a ref at wasaga found a way around that though. cut the stock barrel at the ring of ports, and df the tank. works well for speed ball aslong as you arn't a long baller.