PDA

View Full Version : People who play in CA, where do you play???

IROCU
01-17-2002, 09:44 PM
Hey guys, I live in Santa Barbara, and we have no local fields around here. So my question is, where do you guys play at?? I've heard bad things about Urban Quest, and LA is a little fair to drive. Let me know, thanks. :D

Minimag4me
01-17-2002, 11:06 PM
I play at SC VIllage and tombstone in corona, Jungle Island in Lake Elsinor(SP?), Camp Pendelton, and there is some indoor one in pamona(i havent played there, all indoor airball)

thats all in southern california between LA and San DIego

IROCU
01-17-2002, 11:25 PM
How do you like tombstone and jungle island? Pretty nice fields? That one indoor field at pomona sounds intriguing anyone play there? Thanks for the reply.

Army
01-18-2002, 12:00 AM
Hey IROCU, doesn't anyone down there play at Granny's anymore? I use to live in Goleta and played at Brock field when it was still open, but I always jumped in at Granny's for a woods game. I'm "Sarge" that use to work at Dodge City Guns. I moved north, to San Luis Obispo 2 years ago.

Oh yeah, does anyone still play way out by El Capitan beach, down in the brush between the RR tracks and 101? That was an intense place to play, since you can't see more than 20' in any direction! We use to call it "Cambodia".

Bonx0007
01-18-2002, 12:44 AM
They just opened a new one in Van Nuys called XPARK. Ice skating rink turned indoor paintball field. pretty cool. I think they are going to hold a league there soon.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-18-2002, 12:47 AM
Did that used to be Iceoplex? (If it is; i worked for those people back in the day...bunch of shady people...I'm suprised they didn't go belly up a long time ago)..I live down in San Diego and we've got the Velocity and Hidden Valley fields...

Bonx0007
01-18-2002, 01:07 AM
Iceoplex is correct. THe kings used to practice there. Anyway, I know some of the guys that run it because they are at my pro shop alot and I don't trust them too much. They have one tiny little shelf with a few mag accessories on it. I would never bring my mag there because I don't think that any of them even know what they look like inside. they have like three cases devoted to cocker stuff. So I am stuck sending my marker to chicago everytime it breaks which is rare. Oh well.:rolleyes:

p.s. thats not the only reason that I do not trust them but the reasons that I might say may be found as slanderus and I don't have any proof.

IROCU
01-18-2002, 01:39 AM
Yeah people still play at Granny's, it's getting pretty unsafe though. All the little kids with there cockers bought by dady. They have no idea about gun safety, they'll be in the safe zone, ya know by that one big tree everyone used to always gather at before the game. There just be firing there guns around wizzing past your head not even knowing your right there. It's gotten so bad I don't take of my mask ALL day. Most likely some little kids going to get shot by another and that'll be the end of granny's. But as for now that's the closest place, so I'll have to deal. Thanks for all the info guys, I'll probably be checking those fields out spring break, and a lot during this summer. Thanks again.

gibby
01-18-2002, 01:58 AM
Wow really Bonx? I live in Van Nuys. Hrm, I'll have to check it out one of these days. Also, if it hasn't been mentioned, there's California Paintball Park up in Castaic. But I usually go to SC and I'll be checking out Jungle Island come Sunday. I heard Tombstone is really cool too.

Army
01-18-2002, 02:14 AM
Here's a list I found, Oxnard looks like your best bet, but I've heard some bad things about Urban Quest. The guys at Big Boys Toys in Arroyo Grande played there a lot until some players started complaining that they were a "pro team" and wouldn't play against them, the owner eventually kicked thenm out for unknown reasons.

Any way, here is the list:
http://www.caoutdoors.com/Paintball_fields.htm

Jonno06
01-18-2002, 08:45 AM
Wasnt the KAPP field in san fran?I remember the Great SouthWestern Tourny and it was at the field on that island in san fran,with KAPP right?still there?