PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the Mags

KrazyJ
03-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Ok I'm fairly new to the Mag scene. first off Ive never shot one or know of anyone locally that has one but I think this will be my next marker. I have a few questions tho.
1st Am I correct in looking that the RT-ULE custom is the same as the RT Pro with the ULE body on it or am I wrong. If I am wrong what is the difference between the two.
2nd is the only difference between the Tac-One and the RT-ULE the body and the weight of the gun? will both accept the same type of upgrades offered otherwise?(not that either seems to need any)
3rd. What is the real difference between the Y and the Intelliframe on the RT-ULE? Just the angle at which the grip sits at?

Thanks in advance for the help!
-j

Whee McGee
03-14-2008, 01:55 AM
While I am not sure of your first question (which is why I will not answer it) The only real difference between the Tac 1 and the ULE bodies is weight. Also, the only difference between the Y-frame and I-frame is the angle of the frame.
Enjoy your mag. I have two and am very pleased with them. :D

KrazyJ
03-14-2008, 05:24 AM
Well I guess ill reword it as best I can to clear it up. I see people referring to the RT Pro, but really no reference to the RT ULE that is on the AGD site. Are these in fact the same gun?

BiNumber3
03-14-2008, 05:32 AM
The ule only means the body is aluminum rather than steel like the pro. Both valves are the same. Performance is the same as well. (aside from weight)
You should be able to use cocker barrels if that's yer preference using a ule. Which will mean greater selection without greater price as far as barrels go.
Using different bodies will also mean different feed necks, the pro will usually be powerfeed whereas ule can be vert feed.

to sum it up, same valve, different body/barrels

Spider-TW
03-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Check out the mag faq (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214736), if you haven't already.

Section 13 covers the different valves, which is about the only real mistake you can make in picking the mag you want. It will also lead you to the question of whether or not you want a level 10 bolt. Figure out how fast you want to shoot (or may want to in the future) and build from there.

KrazyJ
03-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Thank you for the input. Still undecided as to which way I am gonna go but def. think its gonna be a mag.