PDA

View Full Version : Today's equivelant of the E-mag?

BAD_S197
03-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I just recently got back into paintball and picked up an ANS autococker and a spyder mr2 to play with but always wanted an Automag of some sort. A friend of a buddy of mine has an Emag but that was many years ago.

I know jack about the RT but really would like to have an RT ULE. I would most likely get the top verticle feed since I consider the warp feed unnecessary technology these days. I like it, but it seems like it would be a fragile piece of equipment.

Does the RT ULE have an optional electro frame similar to the E-mag?

I wish i'd jumped on one when they came out, seems like such a nice gun.

Is there anything I should know before buying one? Any tips or suggestions?

I know it uses compressed air and thats not a problem as i have a O2 tank.

This is just tooo sexy!!! ( I would get verticle feed tube)
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/Images/rtcustomweb.jpg

Thanks,
Jake

secretweaponevan
03-14-2008, 05:43 PM
The warpfeed isn't just for positive force, it is also to get the "blimp" off the top of your gun. It isn't necessary, but those that have them, usually love them. It's more of a preference thing, but you could always get a warp body later on.

AFAIK, there are no electronic frames currently in production, but you can pick up emag lowers used, also centerflag/booyah/mako frames used as well. There are also tons of custom eframe/e-pnue/pnue frames available from custom shops, g-force, fine folks here on AO, etc. The mag is a highly-upgradable platform.

What to know before buying one? Point at enemy. :p

It would be helpful to familiarize yourself with the mag's workings via the stickies here and via the automag tech videos on youtube/VHS.

Make sure your tank is an N2 tank approved for paintball.

varq
03-14-2008, 09:35 PM
i strongly recommend the ULT option. You need an adjustable regulator N2 tank.. crank it up to 1000 psi and walk the trigger like an emag! I tried emag lowers and found it to heavy for me and then u have to worry about charging the battery.. i switched back to the mech trigger frame.. I love the ULT with the adjustable tank combo!!! FAST ENOUGH and very reliable!.. also i use the warp and love it...

BAD_S197
03-14-2008, 10:47 PM
:rofl:

of coarse it's a painball N2 tank..

I don't mind tinkering with a gun on occasion but is there a lot of maintinance that goes with the gun?

I think I'm just trying to justify buying something that I know i'll buy anyway without justifictation.

haha

I think i'll get one with the red option if thats still available...

the REAL question is now.... or purchase it later.... ???

thanks for the info. I'll go read the stickies and other posts and lurk/read.

I can't come up wiht questions that havnt been posted before but I'm just nervous about getting a gun that I have no experience with.

thanks
jake

darqueMeye
03-15-2008, 07:18 PM
If you want an easy electro setup. id go with the hyperframe. I personally like it a lot. but if you get emag lowers that would rock too. From my experience with mags, it does take some time to tune it properly, but once you get that set up, there is really nothing else you need to change other than oiling and changing an occasional oring. I love my mags.