PDA

View Full Version : automag rt

vmaxnick
03-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi
Looking to buy my first automag.
I've been offered an RT and a pile of kit 6 years old but not used for the last 6 years so old but not seen much use.
I'm in the UK and so's the marker. Kit includes an air bottle which will be out of Hydrotest
I've offered £100 ($200) is this too low, too high or what? I have no clue!

questionful
03-14-2008, 06:31 PM
sounds a little low. give me a pic of everything that comes with the deal and I'll give you a better estimate.

vmaxnick
03-14-2008, 06:38 PM
haven't got a pic yet, will find out more tomorrow
Seller doesn't want a lot, just doesn't want to give it away.
It sound as if it may be a good deal.
I think I might just risk it!
If your gut feeling is that the price is low I will wait and see what seller comes back with but I guess if I don't up the bid too much I should be ok.

Thanks for the advice!

questionful
03-14-2008, 06:43 PM
well it's not horribly far off, I'm just used to seeing RT's without bottles go for closer to $250.

olinar
03-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Its more than likely a classc rt and at that price its a pretty good pick up.

Classic rt's with lvl 10 generally run $235-250, Lvl 7 ones about $40 less. Its a good deal if it comes with the tank but that depends on the tank as well.

Its a deal but not a steal, Might wanna take a look at it first.

vmaxnick
03-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Its more than likely a classc rt and at that price its a pretty good pick up.

Classic rt's with lvl 10 generally run $235-250, Lvl 7 ones about $40 less. Its a good deal if it comes with the tank but that depends on the tank as well.

Its a deal but not a steal, Might wanna take a look at it first.

I have bought it now, ended up at $280 + postage but comes with a 72ci bottle (out of hydro) a drop forward a different barrel ( rifle barrel?) a mech hopper, not sure what make but fill tops both sides and batteries either end of hopper, a six pot belt with pots and dye knee pads, anti fog mask with spare visor and an ankle mounted squeegy Don't know much about the marker as I haven't received it yet but apparently it's been modified to single shot (probably for UK regs) but with an AGD I should be able to change that back!!???
I will know more when I receive it and examine it, then I will post some pictures so as you guys can tell me what I've bought and whether I have just thrown away a ton of cash on puppy poo or if I've got a bargain. I honestly have not got a clue. I've just started paintballing with a viewloader charger, so this will be my first real marker. (I will be asking you guys to advise me on how to make the castrated eunuch back into a laser firing, fire breathing, 35 bps hooligan again!!!)

vmaxnick
03-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Good deal or not guys?
Believe the barrel to be rifled,(ad said rifle barrel) would this make the deal sweeter?
I am a bit worried about this single shot business though. Anyone any thoughts?

trevorjk
03-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Good deal or not guys?
Believe the barrel to be rifled,(ad said rifle barrel) would this make the deal sweeter?
I am a bit worried about this single shot business though. Anyone any thoughts?

by single shot, probably refering to a single trigger not a double finger trigger. not an issue.

but get a pick up with all the gear. so far it sounds like a good deal as you got EVERYTHING you need for paintball for $280. im just going to say good deal for the time being until we see pics :)

vmaxnick
03-16-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a photo of all the kit laid out on my works pc, as it's Sunday night here in the UK I will post the pic first thing tomorrow. Doesn't show the rt itself well, but you guys know what your looking at!

vmaxnick
03-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi
photo's of my deal as promised, now if I can just score the dive compressor I'm looking at!!!!

Whats your opinion guys especially on the gun that's what I'm most excited about! Should receive it day after tomorrow!!!

Can someone tell me about the marker? I know the photo's a bit vague but you will probably know at a glance! This isn't really my field you see, I build motortrikes for a living!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/vmaxnick/rt.jpg

I really value the knowledge of the guys who have advised me and hope to pick your brains some more on setting the gun up as I hear they are no Walmart marker!!!

trevorjk
03-17-2008, 03:51 PM
you have a stock old school retro mag.

retro valve
gas through rail
single trigger carbon fiber frame
old style RT forgrip.
euro style stainless steel body.

im assuming that it does NOT have level 10.

the barrel looks to be a DYE Boomstick 16inch.

as for the tank, i cant make it out. others might be able to though.

the hopper. that thing is OLD SCHOOL! id post that on Mcarterbrown, take the money you make, buy a new/used viewloader revolution and still walk away with money ;)

the mask is a JT Flex. in decent shape

for the price you got it. id say its a good deal. just get better pics of the tank and hopper. and the hopper IS an oddity in great shape. like i said you could probably make enough to buy a handful of used revolution hoppers.

vmaxnick
03-17-2008, 04:17 PM
This is really going to show what a noob I am, I have read a lot of threads about level 10 upgrade but have no idea what it is what it means and why it's necessary?
There is probably an old thread somewhere I can read to get up to speed so I won't ask you to explain! Suffice to say; if the marker has sat for the last 6 years, it probably won't have level ten so an order to AGD should be my first priority, right?

Bit aside from that I should be happy with what I've got and, hey I've got an Automag!!!

olinar
03-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Since the tank is more than likely out of hydro, I would look at replacing that first.

idk what it costs in the U.K but around where i live it costs about $40 to recertify a tank and for that price you can just buy a new 48/3k tank minus a reg.

The marker looks great, Rugged, reliable and a blast to shoot. Those older RT's are alot easier to sweet spot so you make look into a double finger trigger for it.

But before you do anything, Play with it!!

BiNumber3
03-17-2008, 05:18 PM
That RT also has the old style body tube, using the double tube powerfeed. Ive read that those had some probems when rapid firing, although with a lvl 10 it prolly wont matter.

As for the tank, it might be an armageddon reg or similar, which are really good tank regs, so it may be worth it to get the tank hydroed, if anythin u can sell the tank before or after hydro, or keep it n use it. If its in good shape, check the finish of the tank, make sure there is no physical dmg to it.

And yes, that hopper looks crazy, never seen one like it.

The boomstick is a nice bonus, one of my fav barrels, if anything it should be able to fetch a bit if u sell it, as twistlock boomsticks arent made anymore

vmaxnick
03-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Sounds great guys
I,ve heard that these classic markers are capable of some insane rates of fire would that be true of this marker or only highly modded?

DevilMan
03-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Check out www.ZakVetter.com for a "high speed" test of the classic RT... Then decide if it's fast enough for you or not.

DM

vmaxnick
03-17-2008, 06:26 PM
yeah that'll bring home the bacon! :dance: