PDA

View Full Version : Pneu desperation

DanMan
03-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Ok, my pneumag is not working I have tried everything I can think of and I have been in dispair. I find my self looking at ions and shockers on the sp web site...

ok, just kidding but I still have a very frustrating problem my pneumag wont fire. I have a msv-2a, a clippard ram I dont know what type, and a tickeler in a intelli.

It seems that the ram does not have enough pressure to trip the sear. I am running a classic valve so I was thinking that it was the problem because of the higher trigger pull. But I have seen classic pneumags so idk. It did work for one tank when put a shim between the rail and the frame to keep the sear from moving fully foreward.

any ideas? :hail:

03-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I think most of the pnueclassics have the ult
it might work with an RT on off, they are alot lighter than stock classic on off

dyeforever
03-14-2008, 09:27 PM
have you tried increase the lpr pressure? if your piston hits the sear to high it makes you have to increase the lpr to comp. for that.

michbich
03-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Like the 2 posts above me said. The stock on-off might be to stiff. Raising the pressure more or switching to an ULT/RT on-off could help. Also, pics of the internals could help. We could see if the ram is positionned correctly.

pump
03-14-2008, 09:58 PM
RT, Booyah(in DRG's pneu), Hyperframe, all would work, all 3 help reduce the push needed to close

Mongoose
03-15-2008, 10:56 AM
send it to me...i'll fix it

temps
03-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Try upping the pressure on the lpr. If i remember right a classic valve with stock on/off will need around 100 psi (maybe 120) to fire reliably.

If that doesn't work.. try lowering the position of the ram.

Good luck with the project.

DanMan
03-15-2008, 04:14 PM
:hail: Thank you guys :hail: The lpr is at the highest pressure it will give, so i think it must be the valve. I am planning to eventually upgrade to the x so i guess i will be doing that a lot sooner.

as for the ram, it is placed in about the lower middle of the 'I' of the 'T' of the sear ( say that 5 times fast :) )

I will also try to get some pics posted.