PDA

View Full Version : I know Im not the only one...

03-14-2008, 08:23 PM
So Im right handed, I mean REALLY right handed, I cant write my name left handed, Im an artist (of the tattoo variety) and a musician (of the Heavy Metal bassist variety), both of which require precise manual dexterity, of which Im lacking with my off hand

so why is it that Im remarkably faster at walking a trigger with my left than my right?
Ive tried to copy my hand motions, but that just makes me slower with my right

Anyone else weird like this?

BiNumber3
03-14-2008, 08:42 PM
yer left hand may just be more use to repetive actions, like pulling triggers, whereas your right hand is more capable of fine movement. Might just be due to the fact that u use yer right hand for certain things more, thus your right muscles may have formed a bit differently.

I'm ambidextrous to an extent, but i can draw best with my right, while my left is better for brushing my teeth:P i can pull my trigger about the same speed with both, little faster n more comfortable with my right but meh.

Elemental
03-15-2008, 12:18 AM
You're not the only one. I'm left handed and can walk a trigger much faster with my right hand. I was messing around with my e-mag and could only pull about 13-14 bps with my left hand, but was able to get upwards of 16-17 with my right hand.

trevorjk
03-15-2008, 12:39 AM
i personally think it has something to do with your off hands muscles not being as used as much as your dominant hand. where as your dominant hand you have more muscle tone and better recognition of the things you are doing with it. with that said i think its the exact opposite of your dominant hand. so in my opinion the smaller mass of the muscles in your off hand take less time to contract and expand to move the joints. there for making it more twitchy.

but this is my own personal opinion

questionful
03-15-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm right handed and my left fingers are faster too! Don't know why.

txaggie08
03-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Your a bassist mate, that's why in a nutshell.

Think about the motion your making on a fret board, then think about the motion required to walk a trigger.... same up down, contract and release type deal. I get the same thing from drumming, my control fingers are WAY more dextrous than my hand as a whole

behemoth
03-15-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm oddly ambidextrious. I do certian things with certain hands.

Just so happens, i shoot lefty.
Write righty
Bat righty
Throw Lefty
Kick lefty.

I knuckle up southpaw to confuse the hell out of people, but i can switch that up too.

:shrug:

questionful
03-15-2008, 01:22 AM
I do play the cello. . . But I never suspected that because I know a few other righties that walk faster with their left.

Ninjeff
03-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Hmmm. i play bass, have for....12 years, and i am A LOT faster with my right hand when it comes to walking. Possibly because i play with my fingers on bass, and have had years playing really fast riffs using fingers instead of a pick.

ajnin
03-15-2008, 03:56 AM
i will chime in, i am right handed. With my left I can shoot 17, with the right I can shoot only about 10, and not consistent. I blame mine on mousing.

Ratzo
03-15-2008, 01:56 PM
I've found that true for me aswell.
My team seems to like sending me left so I guess it's a good thing I'm cool with playing off handed.
I just need to learn to tuck in better when shooting left.

paintball72
03-15-2008, 03:29 PM
cool a fellow celloist

you guys are all one up on me i am ambidextrius (however you spell it) and cant walk a trigger over 10bps.

warbeak2099
03-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Dude, I'm the same way. I am extremely right handed yet I can walk the trigger so much faster with my left fingers.

Warwitch
03-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Dude, I'm the same way. I am extremely right handed yet I can walk the trigger so much faster with my left fingers.

Me as well. It doesnt seem that there is a pattern, just individual ability.

wimag
03-15-2008, 05:47 PM
same here. Right handed but shoot left handed for speed.

SummaryJudgement
03-16-2008, 01:10 AM
The only thing my left hand is good at paintball-wise, is either for supporting the marker/reloading, or acting as a make-shift barrel plug.......... :(