PDA

View Full Version : Torque Loader

GroovYChickeN 2.o
03-15-2008, 12:13 AM
So I got my new Torque in today. First impressions: Wow, this thing is SOLID. They are not joking when they say it's tough.

Taking the hopper apart is super simple. If you have seen the videos, it really is that easy. At first I was scared I was going to break it, but it just took a little jerk and the two sides came apart. Putting it back together hover is a little tricky. Having everything line up just right is a challenge, at least at first anyway.

The thick plastic does mean that the neck will need to be sanded down in order to fit some of the clamping feed necks. (it wouldn’t fit on my Karnivor)

Once apart the rest is cake. The Slip Drive section of the hopper just pops out. Cleaning this thing will be super easy.

The motor that drives the hopper is also really compact. Everything is in one piece. No gears or anything to worry about..

On the under side of the drive section is where the batteries connect. It was a surprisingly painless process installing them, especially with the battery clips molded into the plastic for the 9 volts. I could easily take the hopper apart install the batteries and put it back together in less time than it took to add batteries into the Velocity.

After getting everything back together I tested it out with about a half a pod of reballs. Wow this thing is quiet. It made about 1/4 of the noise that Ninjeff's Velocity did. With the reballs I got mixed results in a drop test. They had a tendency to get stuck on the plastic. I'm sure real paintballs will work much better.

The operation of the hopper is also super easy. You just turn it on. No programming, no eyes or sound activation to worry about. If there is a jam or if the feed tube is full it simply stops.

The only complaints I have had so far is the lid. There is no spring, at first I though that was cool. However it simply rubs against some raised bumps to keep it open. I can see them breaking or wearing off down the road and causing problems. Also the lid snaps shut like a revy, witch is ok i guess. It would have been nice to see some magnets or maybe something else.

Hopefully next weekend I will be able to get out to the field and test its performance on a real marker with real paintball. For now though, I really am impressed.

cyrus-the-virus
03-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Would you recomend it over a normal VLocity or halo?

Storminnorman
03-15-2008, 01:58 AM
I heard it only holds 140 balls or less?

lather
03-15-2008, 02:12 AM
Good review...I would like to add that I have a Torque as well and with 2 9 volts its quite a bit lighter than my Velocity Jr and my Reloader. Also has a bit of a lower profile than both of those too.

Ninjeff
03-15-2008, 02:14 AM

For the price? Possibly. Its a tough decision. At least, it would be for me. I have a Vlocity and was helping Groovy test his new Torque out. I gotta say, it is a pretty slick hopper.

That being said, its simple. If you dont need (or want) a bunch of wiz-bang gizmos and flashy programming modes and just want to hit "power" and go, well, i'd recommend it. And it is SOLID. i dont see that thing breaking any time soon.

Another thing he forgot to mention is that its alot lower profile than the Vlocity, about an inch lower to be exact.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
03-15-2008, 04:54 AM
I heard it only holds 140 balls or less?

yeah it does hold a lower amount of paint

I don't know yet. I need to play with if a few times before I say.

going_home
03-15-2008, 06:14 AM
You must have version 1 . Version 2 holds more paint and has magnets on the lid . It also has a motor upgrade available .

03-15-2008, 08:33 AM
they got 2 styles of motors, the 150 and the 440, the 440 is the better
they also released new shells with a larger mouth, that can be added to a torque, or you can buy them new with the larger shells, these include a lid spring
they are also available in non black, but I thought the smoke shells didnt feel as strong as the black ones

jhart
03-15-2008, 12:10 PM
yeah i like mine also. I rigged mine to run off intellifeed-like system though. It feeds when the trigger is pulled. I also wanted to keep the anti-jamming feature so I threw a diode in the mix so now I can use the reverse button even if the trigger is not pulled. Purty sweet loader, and with the 440, it is purdy fast.

Hgblues
03-15-2008, 10:16 PM
played a tourney last weekend with the torque, mounted on my alias. 13.3 ramp event, and the torque stayed up to speed the whole tourney with 1 9 volt battery inside. I'd estimate it holds 160 or so balls, a pod doesn't fill it up completely. I am looking forward to the largemouth lid though. That was my only complaint, was the small lid for loading.

StygShore
04-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I got a smoke Torque in today - I would say the poly shell is not as strong as they portray in the video - the tabs on the front of the body already snapped off after taking it apart 3 times. I wrote Hard Corps hoping to get a relacement black body for it.

Note if you get one of these, DO NOT follow the instructions on the video to take apart and put this together. Smacking the side of the loader to get it to clip back in WILL break things off :(

The spring loaded lid is kind of a joke - take this thing apart on a field, and you know that spring is history - they should have sealed it in the body or used magnets to hold it open and closed :(

I will be sanding it to fit in my Mini for tomorrow and let everyone know how the 150 motor fairs.

Styg

insixdays777
04-06-2008, 08:21 AM
just got mine in yesterday...ansgear.com $69.00!! cant beat it. it is the version one with the 150 motor! :) I love it so far. very light , small and very "tight" ( lowest fitting hopper ever!) Buy one!

StygShore
04-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I got the 89.00 one form the same place - I wanted the larger mouth body so I wasnt having problems getting paint in the hopper.

I will say that it performed beautifully today wihtout skipping a beat. The motot contantly running did actually get annoying at some points int he woodsball games, so I woudl turn it off. It is really quiet compared ot the other hoppes I have used, so it's not that bad... just an annoyance. The 150 motot kept up wiht my Mini all day and I was on the trigger a fair amount, never skipped a shot.

Anyone have the ability to put a RF type receiver in these so you can get it to turn when the trigger is pulled? I imagine the batteries would last a long time set up this way, and it would make it a better option than constantly on.

Overall I was impressed with it though, and would recommend it highly to the speedball crowds. If it had eyes, or RF it would be a better setup in my opinion, but I guess it is the ultimate in K.I.S.S. loaders... on button, and reverse button, and dont have to worry about anything else

Styg