PDA

View Full Version : Video Demo of Cyberave68's Magnet Mod

t0nnn
03-15-2008, 01:33 PM
enjoy

EDIT.............Ya do another edit on the vid so you can repost it here. I dont remember that ending or it was just missed. So consider it your lucky day and take this as a WARNING. The pic at the end is also in poor taste and you can do with out it. Thanks and have a great day.

Mongoose
03-15-2008, 01:40 PM
love the new trigger pull...very easy to install..matter of minutes.
the magnet mod is a must!!!
thanks Cyberave

BigEvil
03-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Ive heard that guy is SO SMALL that he is actually hiding inside of your grip frame and using his feet to return the trigger.

:D

zondo
03-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I bet the dog was thinking, " :eek: "

Ninjeff
03-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Im so very very excited to get mine back!

cyberave68
03-15-2008, 07:46 PM
So I see you guys like the MagMod... That's nice, so what was the difference between having it and not? Do you like the pull better, Does it feel more responsive, and comments or ideas to make it better... Common guys your my BETA testers I/We want to know....lol

Sajjad
03-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Hey love that tune in the end credits. :rofl:

Mongoose
03-16-2008, 10:27 AM
So I see you guys like the MagMod... That's nice, so what was the difference between having it and not? Do you like the pull better, Does it feel more responsive, and comments or ideas to make it better... Common guys your my BETA testers I/We want to know....lol

Well i'll try my best to expain.
before the magnets were installed. the pneumatic kit worked very well.
Had a very light trigger pull and shot just fine...but we noticed that the return was not as fast and could be outshot. in my opinion it would max out at around 14+ bps.

After adding the magnets the trigger pull was still very light but the return of the lever was greatly improved. This also allowed me to adjust the trigger and make the pull alot shorter.
The magnet is adjustable and you can set your desired pull/return strenth.
The pull feels crisp and very close to that of the invert mini "IMO"
Also this mod reduced the threat of short stroking.
At this time we were unable to outshoot this setup. :D
expecting to play today....we were rained out :( so we will field test these next week.

Both mags that were tested had a X-valve LvlX and ult installed.
Pneumatic kits from cyberave68 and tickler lpr's

-Goose-

Lenny
03-17-2008, 02:28 AM
Does it make it "click"-ier? That's the one thing I've always hated about pneumags. The trigger feel like mush. With electros, I get that nice clicky feel.

t0nnn
03-17-2008, 06:17 AM
It does make it feel a lot better, not mushy, not 'clicky' either. Pneumags have their own distinct trigger feel, but the trigger deffinatly has a stronger return

Mongoose
03-18-2008, 07:07 AM
yes the trigger feel is much better now.
and with the magnet mod..i was able to get the trigger pull much shorter

Stayhuge
03-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Best $20 I ever spent. I always felt like the basic Pneumag was missing something. This was it!!!

Mongoose
03-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Best $20 I ever spent. I always felt like the basic Pneumag was missing something. This was it!!!

Bring it to tunaball 2 ...gonna have to challenge all the e/x mags with our p-mags

cyberave68
03-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Oh after that comment more details please and where's the VID???? :ninja:

:cheers:

Mongoose
03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh after that comment more details please and where's the VID???? :ninja:

:cheers:

i second the video

Mongoose
03-24-2008, 11:05 AM
anyone else have some feedback on the magnet mods??

TwilightG
04-03-2008, 06:04 AM
I was just thinking about the mechanics of this mod last night...
I don't have a pneu-kit right now so I can only speculate (still holding out for the G-Force frame :ninja: )

It seems to me that the magnet/screw is adjustable for the return force of the trigger pull (I think someone concluded that above) Is it possible to achieve an RT-like effect by positioning the screw tip much closer to the magnet? (but also increasing trigger pull strength)

I was also wondering if this might be valuable... what if the "trigger screw" wasn't philips-head but instead used an allen key and a hole was drilled in the back of the frame to make trigger pull easily adjustable on the fly, without any disassembly?

This way you could go from "electro-like" trigger pulls to "RT-like" pulls depending on your mood. ;)

Again, this is really all speculation. The only ones who could answer this for certain would be Cyber and all the other owners of this mod.

BigEvil
04-03-2008, 06:44 AM
It seems to me that the magnet/screw is adjustable for the return force of the trigger pull (I think someone concluded that above) Is it possible to achieve an RT-like effect by positioning the screw tip much closer to the magnet? (but also increasing trigger pull strength)

The difference between something like this and the RT trigger, is that with the RT, the pull is much lighter than the return. There probably really isnt a way to achieve that with a magnet, since there is no way to make the pull light and the return heavy. Then again, I cant think outside the box before my 3rd cup of coffee. :spit_take

TwilightG
04-03-2008, 07:43 AM
The difference between something like this and the RT trigger, is that with the RT, the pull is much lighter than the return. There probably really isnt a way to achieve that with a magnet, since there is no way to make the pull light and the return heavy. Then again, I cant think outside the box before my 3rd cup of coffee. :spit_take

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't sure about the pull/return force of the 3-way. If the lever uses pretty much the same pressure to actuate as it does to return, then yeah, RT-effect certainly won't be there.

But I still wonder if positioning the screw closer to the magnet/lever makes the pull/return snappier or mushy. In any case, I still think it might be cool to make the trigger pull fully adjustable outside the frame.

... another project for a rainy day :rolleyes:

t0nnn
04-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Putting the magnets closer does make the pull snappier. Mine are now set almost as close as they can be and my pull feels great. If you back the magnets away from each other, then you get the mushy trigger pull/feel of the pneumag.

Your idea of drilled a adjustment hold in the back of the frame is great and making the screw an allen head. But that’s all up to the person, I personally wouldn’t want a hole back there since you really only need to set the screw once and leave it. If you’re always messing with the pull then hey…that be perfect

04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
if you used an electro magnet that powered up at the end of the trigger pull you could get the stronger return force that would generate the RT, but then youd have to add batteries to an all mech marker :tard:

Mongoose
04-04-2008, 10:35 AM
t0nnn....i just got your pneumag to go rt!!! not that fast but i did make a small vid for you. :D