PDA

View Full Version : 800paintball.com starting to look very shady

ArthurDent
01-17-2002, 11:40 PM
i ordered a flatline from 800paintball.com and i was going through the steps and then i was finished....but i never had to enter my address....so i call them the next day and talk to a guy who tells me that no order is going to be shiped to my area and nothing under my name is or the card holders name came up so the order must not have gone through....well i count it as a hickup in the system and order again this time everything looks like it worked and i used a different credit card just incase somthing apears from the first order....well anyways i checked the credit card 2 days latter and to my surprise they charged me $574 on the first card and nothing on the secont....flatline was like $290 so i am compleatly stumped

well tomarro i will be calling again and i am just wondering if anyone has had any problems with them in the past.....

liigod
01-18-2002, 12:00 AM
use paintballgear.com , also cancel payment to 800 paintbal and call them up and tell them that you did.

Hysperion
01-18-2002, 12:05 AM
I've used 888paintball and found them to be outstanding in terms of getting the product shipped immediately. Action Village is my favorite right now because they are very reasonably priced and have a very presentable website. Paintball online is a little overpriced in my opinion.

MajorDamage
01-18-2002, 01:51 AM
I love 888 and 800 is owned by the same people(so is toll free paintball, look at the websites, almost identical). 888 has messed up my orders before, but always fixed it(and even let gave me free stuff, and let me keep the gloves when they sent me the wrong kind! :D). But I do supose errors occur :D

ENDO!

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-18-2002, 03:48 AM
888 and 800 have the same number to call. so pretty much the same thing isn't it?

kenshinkandon
01-18-2002, 06:09 AM
I like 800 paintball but I always call in my order when ever I can just to make sure they have the stuff I want, cause they never update the website with whats in stock.

Jonno06
01-18-2002, 07:09 AM
888 paintball is cheaper by 2 cents.LOL,they are excellent in service

DaXtremeist
01-18-2002, 07:22 AM
man 888 screws up alot though... my friend got a mag package from them and they gave him the mag, 8" barrel (supposed to be 10" but they probably subed it) no asa adapters at all no co2 tank that he ordered. i think thats it. he called up and complained and they tried fixing it. they sent him new macroline kit, botomline, and instead of a co2 tank they sent a 3000psi 114ci 32degree tank to him. this happend in july 2001. now its jan 2002

the tank has never held pressure and he finally took it into the pro shop to get fixed and the regulator is bad on it. and the guy said it could have blown off at any time. plus the tank was dated for 2000 and had some scratches on it when recieved.

thats not what i call service.

Magic37220
01-18-2002, 07:37 AM
PbGear or County are definitively the best. With PbGear, I've gotten every single order within two days.

Thordic
01-18-2002, 08:03 AM
888 Paintball is good, but NEVER EVER order off the website. CALL THEM and place your order on the phone. I'd say thats true for more than half the paintball sites out there. Its so easy for those ecommerce websites to make little errors, so ALWAYS call if possible, and if you DO use the site to order, always call a day or two later to confirm.

PRO_Ski101
01-18-2002, 10:33 AM
YES,800paintball has done this 2 me.Since i am not 18 i couldn't use a credit card so i had to use my moms.SHE WASN'T HAPPY AT ALL.this also happened with my Flatline,but there's a good story behind that. I GOT TWO flatline's instead of one.

covadsucks
01-18-2002, 12:32 PM
Xtremepaintball.com is a nice group to deal with, they only take a week longer than it should to get yer product out, and on top of that, they make all substitutions damn near impossible to return or replace with the product you initially requested.

the JoKeR
01-18-2002, 01:06 PM
Never had a problem with 888 after about 3 orders, but did have another company send me the wrong Redz pack. They then wanted me to box it up and ship it at my expense. I reminded them that it was not what *I* ordered, and since it was their mistake, they could send me a UPS Call Tag (that they pay for) and the correct part. If they wouldn't do that, all I needed to do was call my credit card company and they'd stop payment. I got the right part after that. My opinion is that almost ANYTHING you buy should be paid for with credit card for that reason alone. A friend of mine paid a garage for a rebuilt engine for his car. The motor was almost as bad as the one that was replaced. The only way they got it taken care of was by having the credit company threaten to pull the funds back. Maybe I can try this when I go to Pizza Hut.....:rolleyes:

ArthurDent
01-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Well i called them to find out what was going on and guess what.....the computers are down there is nothing they can do till tomarro....grrrrrr

HoppysMag
01-18-2002, 06:26 PM
i dont like 888 their sight is horible, with all the dark colors and subcatagories, but they have faster shippin. Paintballgear.com has a better sight and some times cheaper prices, but slow shipping. So they both are kinda equal.

I prefer and suggest www.paintballgear.com

Wayland Fong
01-18-2002, 08:56 PM
i just wanted to say my peace with 800paintball. i ordered a ReTro Valve from them for $270. i thought i was getting a good deal. unfortunately, i was dismayed to find out upon recieving that they had given me a USED ReTro Valve. i called them back and set it up to return for a replacement. its been over a month, and the replacement never came. i called them up again, and told them my situation. turns out they recieved the used ReTro Valve i sent, but forgot to send one back. so everyone out there, DO NOT TRUST 800 PAINTBALL!!!

Drew
01-19-2002, 12:10 AM
did I mention they suck?

they didn't just screw up my order, they screwed it up three times, and took over a month to get the right jersey and knee pads.........much suckage:mad:

Nitroduck
01-19-2002, 12:25 AM
I've talked to coutless people about all the online stores.........

Out of everyone, 888 and 800 mess up on orders THE MOST. This isn't just like 1 or 2 people , i've heard from about 12 that they've messed up on order........

Somtimes it's been a 16" barrel instead of a 12" ...... Other times its wrong guns , and they refuse to send it back.

As for county , i've talked to alot of people who love em.

I've heard 1-2 bad problems with PBG , but not much more.

As for firstcallpaintball and paintball geeks..........nothing but problems. I myself ordered off paintball geeks , it took them 3 weeks to ship my order out when i requested day air.

damageinc54
01-19-2002, 02:51 AM
Paintballgear.com is great. I live in Illinois and hate to pay sales tax so I buy from 888, county paintball, G3, shop 4 paintball, and paintball online. I have had a few problems with 888, but they were all minor and corrected in my favor. Whenever they did make a mistake they took care of me. Just call them up and I am sure they will clear the problem up for you. Once they get their computers up of course ;)