PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Deaf on AO

TeamJackal37
03-15-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm Hearing Impaired and also Interpreter when there is an Event. My teamates are deaf, Some of you guys might seen us around at the MPP Games. I just want to know if there any hardcore deaf mag owners here at AO.

InfinitR
03-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Not deaf, but just found this thread interesting. I never really thought about how hearing impairments are nullified in a web forum. :headbang: I can't help but wonder how that would be on the paintball field....I would guess both difficult in certain perceptions and helpful in focus. Sorry to get off topic.

AirAssault
03-16-2008, 06:48 AM
A similar thread was started a while ago.... some really stupid things said in it so every one keep your head on and think about what you say.

I am not deaf or hearing impaired but had a deaf girlfriend for a few years (Mrs. Deaf Colorado one year :ninja: ) and was basically a member for the deaf community for said years. Awesome people so make an effort and introduce yourself to a deaf/hearing impaired person, they will appreciate your effort.

As far as deaf/hearing impaired Mag owners, Roll Call!! :shooting:

Lee
03-16-2008, 09:13 AM
played many times w/ a deaf guy years ago. he was an excellent player. fearless.

MANN
03-16-2008, 10:28 AM
According to my wife I am deaf/have selective hearing. :p

chafnerjr
03-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I've got to say that I am very much interested in this post! I've been playing paintball for about 11 years now and for the same time I've been "hearing impaired". I was lucky enough to develop ottosclerosis at an early age. To be fair this is the most common type of hearing loss and it is in no way total hearing loss (*about 65% loss in the human vocal range). Most who have this issue begin to develop it beyond their late thirties. It tends to affect specifically what frequencies you can hear. In my case (as is in many others) it affects my ability to hear most of the human vocal range. While this is disruptive during conversation, or pre-game planning, it's not particularly troubling during the game. In game, if people are talking they are generally shouting. I can also hear twigs snap or leaves move because those sounds are at different frequencies that I can still hear somewhat OK. My hearing is a little more tuned into this for the same reason. You'd also be surprised at what I can hear in a car engine ;)

I wonder what it's like to play totally deaf. I find that I have a slight advantage up front because I don't get distracted by noises so I stick to business. Then again, it could just be because I don't like playing backman!

warbeak2099
03-16-2008, 12:24 PM
My sister is deaf and I took her out to play with me one time. She loved it and did great. She's got a cochlear implant and that thing is a miracle. She can hear amazingly with it. She was making moves and yelling out like a champ lol. With modern science where it is, it's not a reason for impairment anymore! Pretty amazing IMO and I think it's great that she and others can have that experience.

chafnerjr
03-17-2008, 07:37 AM
How is the battery run for your sisters cochlear implant? Is it a pack at her hip or is it imbedded?

warbeak2099
03-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Oh they've got it really small now. It's all contained in the unit that goes behind her ear. It just looks like a regular hearing aid now.

She used to have the pack though and that made her feel really self conscious. The self contained ear piece is great, especially for increased mobility when playing PB.

chafnerjr
03-17-2008, 09:04 AM
It's a good thing that she has it behind the ear. I couldn't imagine playing with that on your hip. They keep trying to talk me into such a device, but seeing as my insurance won't even cover 1 red cent of a regular hearing aid, I'm not going to hold my breath. Paintball, however, is one of those things where hearing can be important to some, or unimportant to others in my opinion. Most of it depends on your style of play. The faster and more aggressive you play the less and less it matters.

warbeak2099
03-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Yea my parents fought pretty hard to get insurance to cover it. It's unfortunate but worth the struggle. I mean she was stone deaf before and now she can hear everything.

halB
03-17-2008, 03:48 PM
I would love to see some deaf people play. The principles of fueng shui say that even if we are not intimidated or scared consciously, we are still affected sub-consciously without our knowing it. What I'm trying to get at is, everytime you're behind a bunker you hear those balls thwack thwack thwacking the bunker. Even if us hearing folk don't let it fray our nerves it must still affect us in some way. I bet deaf people would be balls to the wall running up the field never missing an opportunity to advance.

BTW: My aunt and mother are both interpreters, although my mom not so much recently. Deaf people are, well, people! And they're really cool. The culture is highly different. I still remember going to that one school for them. I mainly remember a statue of a buffalo...

thahouse
03-17-2008, 03:59 PM
im deaf, and have a cochlear implant as well. I hail from the great white north...AND absolutely love mags!

As for it affecting my playing style...it does keep me very aware of the field, and i had to learn how to utilize bunkers in terms of not sticking my head way out to see whats around me...thank goodness for wood bunkers and the gaps in em :bounce:

In terms of communications, i cannot keep in contact with my team via throat mics/headsets, so we have adapted with hand signals that all teammates are to know, but also wear headsets with throat mics...so they relay messages to me and we mow muppets! muahahaha.

warbeak2099
03-17-2008, 04:57 PM
The culture is highly different.

It's not a culture, it's a disability. If my parents and sister had thought of it as a culture, she'd still be deaf. She can hear and speak now thanks to modern medical science. There were "deaf culture" people local to us who berated and even threatened my parents when they made the decision to implant her. They are ignorant people and would rather remain deaf. I'm sorry, but that "deaf culture" crap blows my mind.

thahouse
03-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, there is an actual group of deaf activists in ontario, who believe that being deaf is "special" or some kinda junk like that, and they actually fight against cochlear implants and medical technology that enables profound deaf people to hear more than they can.

I honestly believed at one point that they are just jealous deaf people whom cant afford such advances in medical technology and dont want others to have what they can't. But now, after running into a few of them, i strongly believe they are just plain ignorant morons.

BUT back to paintballing..I really wish i could actually meet another few deaf people who play this sport...Being 23, i am eligible to be a big brother and i am seriously considering going to the provincial school for the deaf, and see if i can get them out on the field and have a blast.

The reason being, is because ive noticed that there are rarely any actual social deaf people in my area...There may be, but either i dont notice, or they are very secluded and arent as social/outgoing as i am..

Anyhoo..if there are any deaf ballers in ontario on here..please get in touch with me..id love to arrange something and get those ppl out on the field/socialize and build up their confidence.

halB
03-17-2008, 05:48 PM
It's not a culture, it's a disability. If my parents and sister had thought of it as a culture, she'd still be deaf.

Uh-Oh. This is where the flaming will start. I'm gonna take a step back, seeing as I'm neither deaf nor have anyone in my family who is deaf. But just don't let deaf people hear you say that.

Yes, that was on purpose. ;)

id love to arrange something and get those ppl out on the field/socialize and build up their confidence.

Your heart's in the right place. Just don't say THAT. Most deaf people would bristle at the idea of needing to build up their confidence. The only reason you don't see them is because deaf people tend to stick with deaf people, because if there's one thing they hate it's being treated like they are disabled or damaged in any way by the hearing. They're like a gang. The most non-violent gang around.

thahouse
03-17-2008, 06:03 PM
yes, halB, i misphrased that part...and i realize that now. Essentially i meant to bring them into a more social world and get more comfortable around things that are considered "out of their element"

Being deaf, i never understood why deaf people stuck with deaf people...I was born profoundly deaf, and never hung around deaf ppl...ive worked at night clubs, trained muay thai and BJJ, been a bodybuilder/powerlifter, etc...and yet to meet another deaf person in my ordinary life other when i was a child and went to speech therapy.

I just am baffled on how things are...and how those people think the way they do (like you mentioned at the end..how they hate being treated like they are disabled due to hearing) but yet, they dont make the effort to break the barrier of their lifestyles with ours..and on top of that, they most likely go to a school that specializes in education for the deaf, which is accomodated to help them understand better..(yes i know there are alot of exceptions with speech issues, etc) instead of putting the extra effort and going to a standard school with the gen. population.

And i base this on my perspective due to the fact that i went to the local elementry school, highschool and went off to university and college...and did really well...only help i had was an TA in elementry school until i reached grade 7...

thahouse
03-17-2008, 06:09 PM
and yes, i believe deafness is a disability...and people who make it to be a cult either are ignorant, or need to kick themselves into reality and socialize with other people more...because its rediculous if they make themselves into a secluded posse and shun themselves from the real world...

Im sorry for the harsh words or if i offend anyone...but being deaf, it kinda irritates me that certain deaf people seperate themselves away from the general population..I would just love to meet other people like myself and get them to achieve what they can truly achieve...

halB
03-17-2008, 06:15 PM
yes, halB, i misphrased that part...and i realize that now. Essentially i meant to bring them into a more social world and get more comfortable around things that are considered "out of their element"

Being deaf, i never understood why deaf people stuck with deaf people...I was born profoundly deaf, and never hung around deaf ppl...ive worked at night clubs, trained muay thai and BJJ, been a bodybuilder/powerlifter, etc...and yet to meet another deaf person in my ordinary life other when i was a child and went to speech therapy.

I just am baffled on how things are...and how those people think the way they do (like you mentioned at the end..how they hate being treated like they are disabled due to hearing) but yet, they dont make the effort to break the barrier of their lifestyles with ours..and on top of that, they most likely go to a school that specializes in education for the deaf, which is accomodated to help them understand better..(yes i know there are alot of exceptions with speech issues, etc) instead of putting the extra effort and going to a standard school with the gen. population.

And i base this on my perspective due to the fact that i went to the local elementry school, highschool and went off to university and college...and did really well...only help i had was an TA in elementry school until i reached grade 7...

:)

My momma always said you could lead a horse to water, but can't force it to drink. I too overcame a lot of crap in my life. I took the hard road. And when I see people who are exactly like I was I try to help them with the experience I gained by merely being born before them. And they just look at you like you're no longer in their world, like just because you got out of it you don't understand them now. It's sad. It seems some people only exist to be divisive. It's like some people revel in their own filth.

thahouse
03-17-2008, 06:25 PM
no words spoken truer than what you said hal. I just wish there was a way to show them that there is far more for them than what they believe/are used to...

I think ill stay out of this topic until further notice so i dont piss off any more ppl on here than i potentially have lol.

SR_matt
03-17-2008, 06:31 PM
im not deaf but my grand parents have lost a lot of their hearing and my brother has lost a decent amount of it from playing shows with no or not enough hearing protection. thats about as close as i get to it (hopefully i wont lose any or much hearing in my life). but i would love to learn sign language but like a bunch of languages the only words i really know are curse words :D

i do remember when i worked at a field there was a guy that came who was deaf (i also think he was autistic but i cannot remember). i remember this specifically because his brother had to lift his mask up
so he could read his lips to know the rules and then there was an issue when he got shot out (i think he really didnt understand what was up well enough due to his autism but of course that is a totally separate thing)

a good friend of mine (he was my confirmation sponsor and youth group leader) is an audiologist so while he doesnt get to deal with many people that are deaf from birth or a younger age he does get te deal with plenty of the older people with the "ehhh?!?!" hearing loss

-matt

punkrex
03-17-2008, 10:17 PM
:)

My momma always said ...
My momma always said alligators are so ornery cause they got all them teeth but no tooth brush.

Name it?

SR_matt
03-17-2008, 10:22 PM
w-w-w-w-w-water boy
-matt

TeamJackal37
03-17-2008, 11:06 PM
im deaf, and have a cochlear implant as well. I hail from the great white north...AND absolutely love mags!

As for it affecting my playing style...it does keep me very aware of the field, and i had to learn how to utilize bunkers in terms of not sticking my head way out to see whats around me...thank goodness for wood bunkers and the gaps in em :bounce:

In terms of communications, i cannot keep in contact with my team via throat mics/headsets, so we have adapted with hand signals that all teammates are to know, but also wear headsets with throat mics...so they relay messages to me and we mow muppets! muahahaha.

Its Great to know that they are some deaf Mag lovers out there, We use ASL, and sometime I use Mics but always telling my partners everything they say, when we are far apart we use Sidekick that fits perfect on the Flurry Vest. We have about 2 deaf that are hardcore paintball players, few come and go,we are continuing try to bring deaf into the games,That is our Goal

TeamJackal37
03-17-2008, 11:35 PM
It's not a culture, it's a disability. If my parents and sister had thought of it as a culture, she'd still be deaf. She can hear and speak now thanks to modern medical science. There were "deaf culture" people local to us who berated and even threatened my parents when they made the decision to implant her. They are ignorant people and would rather remain deaf. I'm sorry, but that "deaf culture" crap blows my mind.

No matter what, Its still call Culture, there are 3 cultures in our deaf life, Hearing Culture, Hard of Hearing Culture, Deaf Culture. We dont not see colors of race, we see "Hearing",That is the way of life, But here where I live are mostly Mainstream, we went to Public school took class with all the Hearing people,we play High school football with Hearing people, So we are not like "Special People" We dont need your mouth to open big for us to understand what you say, Talk normal like everyone else, We can read lips. As on the Paintball Field, You wont hear us coming, we will see you before you see us, that will be after you get hit, We lost one sense, but makes our other sense more higher than other, we see better, we can smell a smoker a mile way. One way or the other,Some say we are gifted, I'm just thankful I got an arm and leg to play with my little 3yrs old girl, of course Paintball too

TeamJackal37
03-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I've got to say that I am very much interested in this post! I've been playing paintball for about 11 years now and for the same time I've been "hearing impaired". I was lucky enough to develop ottosclerosis at an early age. To be fair this is the most common type of hearing loss and it is in no way total hearing loss (*about 65% loss in the human vocal range). Most who have this issue begin to develop it beyond their late thirties. It tends to affect specifically what frequencies you can hear. In my case (as is in many others) it affects my ability to hear most of the human vocal range. While this is disruptive during conversation, or pre-game planning, it's not particularly troubling during the game. In game, if people are talking they are generally shouting. I can also hear twigs snap or leaves move because those sounds are at different frequencies that I can still hear somewhat OK. My hearing is a little more tuned into this for the same reason. You'd also be surprised at what I can hear in a car engine ;)

I wonder what it's like to play totally deaf. I find that I have a slight advantage up front because I don't get distracted by noises so I stick to business. Then again, it could just be because I don't like playing backman!

For me I cant hear very low sound, I can hear high sound, that might be why I like talking to women mostly, LOL, Like Microware might not hurt your ears, but they hurt mine so bad I need earplug,I have a friend that is oppsite of my hearing, he is good for listen car engine and tell you what wrong with it,

AirAssault
03-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Yea my parents fought pretty hard to get insurance to cover it. It's unfortunate but worth the struggle. I mean she was stone deaf before and now she can hear everything.

That't the problem with freakin insurance companies. I had a friend that was a quad, his freakin manual wheel chair was $3000 :eek: His electric $7000 :eek: :eek: You think they covered any of it.... one guess.

My son is on the spectrum (autism) and I had to switch insurance companies to get them to cover his ST and OT.... We need big time health care and insurance changes in this country.

Now to get on some of you...... Yes it is a culture, no they do not need your help to feel more confident about themselves. There are many different views on implants and to do it or not. The folks that dogged your family because you wanted to implant are wrong, but some of the things some of you are saying are just as wrong. This is why I said let's keep our heads on..... I know a LOT of deaf people, and like I said, was pretty much only around deaf people for the greater part of 3 years. The BS the deaf put up with is amazing. Walk into a store, no one comes to ask to help like they do with hearing folks, of course until I call them over. Go out to eat, help is scared to approach the table. They "yell" hoping that will some how cure the persons deafness...... No it won't. Kristy (my GF) was not born deaf, she lost her hearing due to high fever at the age of 3, she was/is stone deaf as they say, has no hearing at all. She could however speak very well and read lips as well as I could hear. The deaf know when people are "yelling" and they laugh there butts off when morons do it. Now most of my deaf freinds tend to want to be around other deaf people, just as ethnic groups tend to do, gays/lesbians tend to do, just as most of us tend to do... we feel more comfortable around peopole "like" ourselves. There are some deaf that try to avoid situations where they will have contact with the hearing, just as some hearing try to avoid contact with the deaf. That is simply the way some people are, right or wrong.

Thahouse, you really need to understand that not all deaf are like you, which Im sure you do but ffs man, some of the things you said make YOU sound ignorant. Not trying to put you down, in fact that is the furthest thing from what Im trying to do. I applaud you and the choices you have made r/t your situation. Yes, Im sure you catch grief from some in the deaf community because you chose to implant, and they are wrong to judge you like that. Just as you are wrong to judge those that don't. Implants won't help EVERY deaf person. Implants were not an option for Kristy when we where together. Now I don't know if things have changed and and it is now an option (haven't seen her for 10+ years, have not followed the technology) but she always said she would not implant even if it would work for her and every one needs to accept that, including you and other deaf that have chosen to implant. Kristy was on the Deaf Olympic Volleyball team and traveled around the world playing, she was Mrs. Deaf Colorado as a few of my current deaf friends have been/are. To many deaf, it is a lifestyle, a culture a way of life that they chose not to change even if that option is available to them..... how about we respect their choice as they should respect yours. There are a holes in every walk of life, the deaf community included but that should not change the fact that respecting peoples' choices should be #1.

thahouse
03-18-2008, 03:01 PM
That't the problem with freakin insurance companies. I had a friend that was a quad, his freakin manual wheel chair was $3000 :eek: His electric $7000 :eek: :eek: You think they covered any of it.... one guess.

My son is on the spectrum (autism) and I had to switch insurance companies to get them to cover his ST and OT.... We need big time health care and insurance changes in this country.

Now to get on some of you...... Yes it is a culture, no they do not need your help to feel more confident about themselves. There are many different views on implants and to do it or not. The folks that dogged your family because you wanted to implant are wrong, but some of the things some of you are saying are just as wrong. This is why I said let's keep our heads on..... I know a LOT of deaf people, and like I said, was pretty much only around deaf people for the greater part of 3 years. The BS the deaf put up with is amazing. Walk into a store, no one comes to ask to help like they do with hearing folks, of course until I call them over. Go out to eat, help is scared to approach the table. They "yell" hoping that will some how cure the persons deafness...... No it won't. Kristy (my GF) was not born deaf, she lost her hearing due to high fever at the age of 3, she was/is stone deaf as they say, has no hearing at all. She could however speak very well and read lips as well as I could hear. The deaf know when people are "yelling" and they laugh there butts off when morons do it. Now most of my deaf freinds tend to want to be around other deaf people, just as ethnic groups tend to do, gays/lesbians tend to do, just as most of us tend to do... we feel more comfortable around peopole "like" ourselves. There are some deaf that try to avoid situations where they will have contact with the hearing, just as some hearing try to avoid contact with the deaf. That is simply the way some people are, right or wrong.

Thahouse, you really need to understand that not all deaf are like you, which Im sure you do but ffs man, some of the things you said make YOU sound ignorant. Not trying to put you down, in fact that is the furthest thing from what Im trying to do. I applaud you and the choices you have made r/t your situation. Yes, Im sure you catch grief from some in the deaf community because you chose to implant, and they are wrong to judge you like that. Just as you are wrong to judge those that don't. Implants won't help EVERY deaf person. Implants were not an option for Kristy when we where together. Now I don't know if things have changed and and it is now an option (haven't seen her for 10+ years, have not followed the technology) but she always said she would not implant even if it would work for her and every one needs to accept that, including you and other deaf that have chosen to implant. Kristy was on the Deaf Olympic Volleyball team and traveled around the world playing, she was Mrs. Deaf Colorado as a few of my current deaf friends have been/are. To many deaf, it is a lifestyle, a culture a way of life that they chose not to change even if that option is available to them..... how about we respect their choice as they should respect yours. There are a holes in every walk of life, the deaf community included but that should not change the fact that respecting peoples' choices should be #1.

Airassault, i appreciate the feedback on my logic of things. I wasnt implying that all deaf people should get the implant..its their choice, and thats respectible and admirable. I did misphrase what i ideally intended to state, and looking back, it does make me sound ignorant. I just find it hard to see how they stick together instead of venturing about in the gen. population....maybe im out of the loop within their "culture" as you percieve it, and ill admit, i have never socialized with another deaf person...so..ill shall leave this thread in a good grace. I do hope we all can meet someday on the field and have a blast, and shoot the shiate.

p8ntbal4me
03-19-2008, 06:30 PM

Chafnerjr;

Do you play at AG Paintball????

Theres a guy that plays there a bit with us (my little group of mag owners) and I think Ive played with you a few times,... if your the guy Im thinking of.

I usually shoot my Tequila Sunrise E-Mag or a Blue Micro E-Mag there.

~ P8nt

chafnerjr
03-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Chafnerjr;

Do you play at AG Paintball????

Theres a guy that plays there a bit with us (my little group of mag owners) and I think Ive played with you a few times,... if your the guy Im thinking of.

I usually shoot my Tequila Sunrise E-Mag or a Blue Micro E-Mag there.

~ P8nt

I don't think I'm your guy. The only AG I know is adventure games in NH. I haven't played there in years because they can't seem to more than five games a day in. I play at OSG now. I love those guys! I'd love to hook up with some of the AO mag folk sometime but I mostly stick around NH. Any one here from NH?

P.S. nice pneu video. I can't wait to see your kit!

Sent from my iPod.

wanna-b-ballin'
03-19-2008, 07:46 PM
i played with a deaf baller. i forget his name, but he played with the ironmen a long time ago.

p8ntbal4me
03-19-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't think I'm your guy. The only AG I know is adventure games in NH. I haven't played there in years because they can't seem to more than five games a day in. I play at OSG now. I love those guys! I'd love to hook up with some of the AO mag folk sometime but I mostly stick around NH. Any one here from NH?

P.S. nice pneu video. I can't wait to see your kit!

Sent from my iPod.

MadMarx is from NH,... my brother plays as well.

I know a few other guys that play. Adventure Games was sold to Paul that owns Canobie Paintball. Its now called AG Paintball.

COMPLETELY different field now! You should try it some time.

oh,... and Chris that fills the air tanks in the hut @ OSG,... he got an E-Mag last year. Hook up with him some time!

~ P8nt

chafnerjr
03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Nice! I'm not sure I remember which one Chris from OSG is. I'll have to ask him. My brother-in-law works there as well (Mike). He's the one that got me into the mags... I'll have to check AG then sometime. I remember their fields being pretty decent but... Long story short we were playing a senario there about 8 years ago (last time I went) and my buds and I crawled all the way around the enemy lines, trudged through the river/swamp only to find a tape line between us and the enemy!!! We had to call ourselves out for going OB when they didn't have the whole field marked. That kind of stung me last time.

So to get back to the topic a little anyone want to play at OSG or AG sometime? (I won't be playing for about another month depending on cash for my mag parts and snow...)

Speaking of being "hard of hearing", I'm debating on whether or not to have cyberave68 do the full pneu install on my marker because I am not sure I'll be able to tune it if I've got to listen for something in the 3-way or ram (depending on frequency). I've never done a pneu before but I get the concept. Any thoughts?

p8ntbal4me
03-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Nice! I'm not sure I remember which one Chris from OSG is. I'll have to ask him. My brother-in-law works there as well (Mike). He's the one that got me into the mags... I'll have to check AG then sometime. I remember their fields being pretty decent but... Long story short we were playing a senario there about 8 years ago (last time I went) and my buds and I crawled all the way around the enemy lines, trudged through the river/swamp only to find a tape line between us and the enemy!!! We had to call ourselves out for going OB when they didn't have the whole field marked. That kind of stung me last time.

So to get back to the topic a little anyone want to play at OSG or AG sometime? (I won't be playing for about another month depending on cash for my mag parts and snow...)

Speaking of being "hard of hearing", I'm debating on whether or not to have cyberave68 do the full pneu install on my marker because I am not sure I'll be able to tune it if I've got to listen for something in the 3-way or ram (depending on frequency). I've never done a pneu before but I get the concept. Any thoughts?

I can play at OSG on the BYOP days (their prices are a bit much for me).
I also used to work at AG with Kevin Oaks (the guy that runs the hut and does the field work)

If you want a pnuemag,.. get it from Cyber. If you need help tuning it,... drop me a line on here and we can meet up at the field or something,... Im located in Pembroke. MadMarx lives not to far from me as well.

~ P8nt

warbeak2099
03-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Sorry, I still look down on the ones who choose to ostracize themselves from the rest of society. It's a disability, not a lifestyle. My sister has so many more opportunities now that she can hear. Keeping her from that would have been a sin.

Anyone against a cochlear implant is a fool. So yes I am going to look down on those who think that to become hearing is wrong. Is it wrong to fix a broken leg? Is it wrong to have corrective eye surgery? No, and it's not wrong to have a cochlear implant. Not being able to hear isn't something to be proud about. It's not something to be made fun of, but if it can be fixed then fix it. If you want me out of the thread then fine I'll stay out.

But I will never concede that the radical deaf community has anything productive or decent to offer to society. They are disgusting pigs and their mentality only holds us all back. You can't imagine the pain they put my family through. So don't tell me that it's a culture that someone should be proud of belonging to.

I'll tell you what a deaf person can be proud of. Overcoming a disability. If you can't afford a cochlear implant, then do your best to be the best person you can be despite your disability. The disability is not what you should be proud of. It's your strength as a human being to overcome the challenges it poses. The deaf "culture" community puts the disability over the real source of pride, strength of character. I'm proud of my sister not because of her deafness. I am proud of her accomplishments in the face of her deafness. She has learned how to speak and to communicate intelligently.

Texas Trigger
03-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Having trouble hearing right now 'cause of my latest visit to the range. :rolleyes:

chafnerjr
03-21-2008, 02:34 PM
I'll take a look at what's upcomming for a BYOP and maybe we can work that out. :cheers:

p8ntbal4me
03-21-2008, 03:53 PM
I'll take a look at what's upcomming for a BYOP and maybe we can work that out. :cheers:

Definately. Keep me posted!

~ P8nt

TeamJackal37
03-23-2008, 01:22 PM
i played with a deaf baller. i forget his name, but he played with the ironmen a long time ago.

I think his name is Micheal, he's out at Atantla now