PDA

View Full Version : Pump Mag Issue

MrFrosty
03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
I just recently purchased a pump mag and I'm having a few issues with it. Sometimes Ill pump the marker and Ill hear a leak down the barrel. Other times it will just fire on its own after pumping and the pump handle itself tends to get stuck when I pump it backwards. Any ideas on what I can do to fix these problems?

Rudz
03-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Take the pump rod , wave spring and bumper off, replace the original blue bumper on the gun and air it up, if it shoots fine in semi, then maybe your pump rod needs adjusting, if it still leaks in semi, take the lvl 7 apartand check the power tube tip oring for damage, check the lvl 7 carrier size it should be .220, if you have a spring in there instead of a carrier, buy yourself a lvl 7 spacer kit from agd , tunaman, or another member here

Try some light oil on the pump arm, the pump should slide easily on the arm

With the pump kit assembled on the marker, take the body and valve off, the pump rod should just barely come up over the lip in the sear slot, if its too high, use pliers to bend it downward, if its too low, it may not always catch the bolt

The small o ring should fit inside the wave spring when the pump kit is installed

So before anything else, make sure the gun works in semi, and go from there

mr doo doo
03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
i believe a .230 carrier is in there MrFrosty. When you said that "the pump tends to get stuck when pumping it back," i had an issue with that as well, but i was told that probably the pump rod was getting stuck under the lip of the bolt and not hitting it instead. what i did was bend the angled end of the rod a bit higher, and it started to work very well without getting stuck anymore. cant see how it happened all of a sudden...