PDA

View Full Version : TacOne body question

ravenlord
03-16-2008, 05:27 PM
I have a very simple question.
The TacOne warp right body, is the feed "neck" removable without cutting it off. Also how far back from the feedneck does the Weaver rail on top extend.

I have an idea that involves a BT RipClip and a TacOne warp right body. Anyone that has owned an A5 knows what the advantages are with having the hopper off to the side. And I miss it a little.

Looper
03-16-2008, 05:56 PM
is the feed "neck" removable without cutting it offYes, They used Loc-Tight when it was installed, just use a rubber strap wrench.

how far back from the feedneck does the Weaver rail on top extend.The weaver stop just before the feed neck. The ball detent is on top of the body and thus the weaver rail stops for the detent.

:cheers:

custar
03-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm already on top of this idea. My warp right body's side feed neck was not glued. I think I have figured out how to keep the Rip Clip attached to the body, but I want to see other ideas. Just so I don't ruin your creative process (because your idea may turn out better than mine), I will just say the top weaver rail does not extend far enough back to accommodate the whole "claw" of the Rip Clip, at least not without extending it some.

custar

ravenlord
03-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Ok, thanks for the info.

I was thinking either using a dremel to mill out another little bit of the rail just enough to fit the RipClip. Or I was also thinking making an extender out the front of the RipClips clamp. Then it clamps more foward instead of just on the back. But I might not even bother, because I don't have one here with me to play with.