PDA

View Full Version : Shoebox Shocker questions

caylegeorge
03-17-2008, 11:40 AM
I just got a 2k2 shoebox shocker and had a couple of simple questions I figured you guys might know the answers to :dance:

First off, um, how do I adjust the velocity? Doesnt seem to me like there is anything adjustable on the marker its self. Is the velocity controlled only through the input pressure??

Second, does anyone have a good solution to get rid of the big old max flow reg, and perhaps use a different more modern reg to drop the input pressure to the proper range?
I guess part of this question could be: Whats the best input pressure range?

Third, how are the board adjustments made? I found a website describing what they did, buit nothing about how to actually make the adjustments to the board. What do you push, how do you test?

Lastly, I cant for the life of me unscrew the feedneck to put a different one on. Were these locktighted in place?

Thanks for any help :)!

-cAyle

GroovYChickeN 2.o
03-17-2008, 02:09 PM
you adjust the velocity by adjusting the max flow.

I wouldn't replace the max flow to be honest. you would most likely have to have some kind of mounting bracket made for you, costing more than you would want to spend.

the board adjustments will depend on what type of shocker you have. Mine was a sport so it didn't have any onther modes or anything other then semi. I don't think there were any adjustments to be made on mine. (I could be wrong with was 8 years ago)

as far as the feed neck I'm not sure. The one I had was a powerfeed and it would unscred really easy so I had to locktight it. Try a strap wrench

caylegeorge
03-17-2008, 02:56 PM
The feedneck in question is a vertical feed. I'll try some more brute force :)

Perhaps I will go with one of the on-tank maxflow systems intead of using the gun mounted one :)

Thanks for the input!

-cAyle

XMAG-XT00125
03-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I've got a shocker sport, think its a 99 or 2k model. There is no adjustment on the stock board but the turbo board and i think one other had adjustments using dip switches. There was a site somewhere with all the info on it for changing settings. Try here http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/shockersport/index.html.
The feedneck on mine is a vert feed and its is NOT threaded. It is/was locktited, heat pressed..something, but came off during a game and now it is loctited but still comes off occasionally..hope this helps...