PDA

View Full Version : Cyborg owners in the house?

AirAssault
03-18-2008, 03:10 AM
I was thinking about picking up a Cyborg and was wondering what some AOers thougt about them. I have checked out some of the other forums but respect the opinion of most of you here on AO over all others. Now if you shot one one time and didn't like it feel free to let me know, but Im really looking for owners and how they feel about them. Is it worth dropping a few $$ on one? Just fishing for some info, thanks. :headbang:

ShotgunFacelift
03-18-2008, 04:59 AM
I was thinking about picking up a Cyborg and was wondering what some AOers thougt about them. I have checked out some of the other forums but respect the opinion of most of you here on AO over all others. Now if you shot one one time and didn't like it feel free to let me know, but Im really looking for owners and how they feel about them. Is it worth dropping a few $$ on one? Just fishing for some info, thanks. :headbang:

I bought an 04 Cyborg and have been using it since.
Apart from new grips I didnt feel any need to upgrade it all.

Very consistent, with good air efficiency, and very easy to maintain

Unless somethings been significantly changed since the 04 models, Id recommend buying one

trevorjk
03-18-2008, 06:45 AM
i bought an 06 cyborg. was light, fast, reliable, looked good, ect ect

however the one thing i hated about it was the stacked tube. i guess that is more personal preferance and all but coming from single tube guns my whole life i just could not get use to the double tube.

also the gladiator reg had a longggggg break in period. i think used 2-3 full tanks of air just to get the reg from spiking.

however the gun is very nice and i would recommend it, if you like stack tube designs. and the on/off switch (on the 06 at least) is completely fool proof and soooo damn easy to use.

BigEvil
03-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Ditto. I have an 06. It's a little tall, especially if you are used to mags, but if you shoot a cocker then its not too bad of an adjustment.

They are truly incredible guns. Fast, light, well built and good gas mileage. Even the stock board on the 06 has a version of the Predator code on it so you dont even have to upgrade that.

...and by fast I mean FAST. With one of those delrin triggers I can out shoot my Vlocity jr no problem.

behemoth
03-18-2008, 07:01 AM
I've owned an 04, 05, 06 and 07 borg.

Buy one, you'll love it.

AirAssault
03-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Yeah, pretty much was leaning towards one, now it's a done deal. I have been shooting cockers for a while, I have an 03 Viking that sits high in the saddle and heck, my first marker was a VM68 Magnum lol, so tall is no big deal.

Now which year lol... guess that breaks down to looks. Ive checked out the for sale threads on many of the forums so maybe in a few days/week or so Ill pick one out.

Thanks for the info and feel free to keep it coming.

behemoth
03-18-2008, 08:37 AM
I just picked up an 07 for 450.

05's can be had for around 250.

06's obviously fall inbetween.

Now, 05s had big blocky frames and they were tall, blocky, and had internal hoses - kinda like a timmmy.

06 had a bigger nice triggerframe, no internal hoses, more milling, lighter, etc.

07s have a shorter frame, shorter overall, more milling, oringless bolt, etc etc.

- that being said, they pretty much all have the same internals. (more or less)

All of them will be easy to maintain. All of them will rip faces off. All of them will shoot about a case on a 68/45.

AirAssault
03-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Well Im kinda a big guy with big hands so sounds like the 06 may be my best bet. Thanks.

behemoth
03-18-2008, 09:28 AM
06 or 07 is deffinately your best bet.

And one word of advice:

THERE ARE NO "PROFORMANCE UPGRADES" for cyborgs. The stock parts ALWAYS work the best.

Any up in the gun is either cosmetics, ergonomics, or a board. (which is a bit unnescessary too.)

So, Take that into consideration when looking. Dont get any with upgraded rams, or anything of the sort.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or drop me an IM.

-Josh

AirAssault
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
06 or 07 is deffinately your best bet.

And one word of advice:

THERE ARE NO "PROFORMANCE UPGRADES" for cyborgs. The stock parts ALWAYS work the best.

Any up in the gun is either cosmetics, ergonomics, or a board. (which is a bit unnescessary too.)

So, Take that into consideration when looking. Dont get any with upgraded rams, or anything of the sort.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or drop me an IM.

-Josh

LOL, beat ya to it...... PMed ya.

Oregon_pb_
03-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I'd have to agree with everything above, 05 or 06.

nevtangle
03-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Everything mentioned so far has been right on. I got a new 06 last year and really like it. You'll definitely not be disappointed.