PDA

View Full Version : Maxflo On/Off Air Bleed?

xxkylexx
03-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey guys,
I am wanting to use a maxflo on my mag, but there is an issue.

The maxflo on/off does not bleed the air out of the lines, and a mag will not shoot if the pressure is not great enough. Therefore, I cannot disconnect the hose from my gun to remove the valve, tank, etc :cry: .

Anyone with a maxflo (or other unscrewable regs) have a work around for this? I have been told a slidecheck will hurt the flow rate of air going to the gun so I don't really want to do that.

Thanks,
Kyle

athomas
03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
I just used a quick disconnect. You can generally fire most of the air out of the lines down to the minimum operating pressure of the mag chamber once the maxflow is turned off. Then you can release the quick disconnect to release the remaining air. Be careful when doing this as there is still a fair amount of pressure in the lines.

xxkylexx
03-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I just used a quick disconnect. You can generally fire most of the air out of the lines down to the minimum operating pressure of the mag chamber once the maxflow is turned off. Then you can release the quick disconnect to release the remaining air. Be careful when doing this as there is still a fair amount of pressure in the lines.
Can you generally pop it off by hand or do you have to use a pair of pliers or something?

-Kyle

Mayzons
03-19-2008, 10:36 AM
It takes a little muscle but you can do it by hand. It's a little harder with macroline though. That's what I have on my flatline reg.

athomas
03-19-2008, 02:35 PM
I pop mine off by hand. Its not that hard, but there is quite a pop! I wouldn't do macroline like that. The macroline would become damaged on the end.

xxkylexx
03-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I am using steel braided line with a quick disconnect so I'll give that a try next fill. I just didn't know if it was "healthy" to be doing. Thanks guys.

d4m4don3
03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
I am using steel braided line with a quick disconnect so I'll give that a try next fill. I just didn't know if it was "healthy" to be doing. Thanks guys.

Wow Deja Vu, I thought I posted on this thread already. Just be carefull when you pull the qd line, there's an o-ring inside and if theres enough pressure it could blow out the o-ring. Putting a slide check in would probably be the easiest.

SummaryJudgement
03-20-2008, 05:22 PM
See if you can find a "Pro-Connect". Neat little air-fittings, they act as a quick disconnect and air-bleed in one little unit. MUCH smaller than a QD/slidecheck combo. They haven't been made in years, but you can still find one on Ebay once in a blue moon.

I would try to not make a habit of removing any line that's under pressure ;)

:cheers:

crudeidol
03-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Once I get a tank to put the reg on, I'll be using a Max-Flow Micro on my 'mag. I've actually switched out the macro fitting for a male QB fitting. There is a little bit of pressure still in the line once the 'mag stops firing, but you should be able to undo the QD fitting, thats how I bleed my current system.