PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag game timer?

momags!
01-18-2002, 06:52 AM
Why is it that the game timer, and everything thing else on the display, disappears when you pull the trigger? Is this a configuration problem on my part? If not, then what's the point having a timer if you have to stop to press a button in the handle to see it? I know that it begins to flash with two minutes left but normally, these minutes are the most active ones in the game. Hence, you're really "triggering" your marker and as a result, you may never see the time remaining. Can someone tell me if this is normal or if there will be any fix sometime soon?

Load SM5
01-18-2002, 07:02 AM
That's normal...

momags!
01-18-2002, 07:37 AM
Tom........how about a continuous timer?

Manuel_FZR
01-18-2002, 10:10 AM
The timer should not dissapear! This would be good! So Tom, think it over ;)

headcase
01-18-2002, 10:21 AM
I have to assume it isn't on constantly to conserve battery power. I never really use the timer anyway, because my warp makes it too difficult to see.

Phil
01-18-2002, 11:44 AM
The game timer in the handle of a gun is just there for marketing. It has no actual game value whatsoever. Its like your angel telling you the temperature. Its another bullet point they can put on the package. You have the best marker currently available, wear a watch.

momags!
01-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Good point! However, after purchasing my E-mag, I can no longer afford a watch!! :D

Crazy
01-18-2002, 04:13 PM
get a radioshack timer =) they are awesome, like 15 bucks and they count out-loud :)

Phil
01-19-2002, 03:23 PM
I feel your pain. :D

AngelBoy
01-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Actually the game timer is not that useless. The best version of a game timer I have seen are the ones with the Angels. You never really have to look at them, after so much time it just vibrates.

damageinc54
01-19-2002, 07:07 PM
The EMag game timer is useless. I do not see why they cannot leave it on in the display. Conserve battery power??? The battery is rated for 20,000 shots on a full charge. I do not know many guys that shoot that much in a day of PB. They should at least give the player an option of keeping the timer on. A small vibrator or alarm would be nice also. I am kind of disappointed that the EMag programing has not been talked about some more. I am not asking for all of the BS that an Angel has, but it would be nice to actually have a use for the options that the gun offers. Did you also know that the total shot counter can be reset? Just leave your gun on and drain your battery. Your total shot counter will magically turn back to zero. Another useless feature. I would really like to see AGD tweek some of the features that the gun has to offer.

AGD
01-20-2002, 12:17 AM
We had to make it turn off because the display interferes with the solenoid timing. We can't do a vibrator because Angel has a patent on it.

AGD

Manuel_FZR
01-20-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by AGD
We had to make it turn off because the display interferes with the solenoid timing. We can't do a vibrator because Angel has a patent on it.

AGD

Too bad ... this would be cool. But whatīs about a smal LED that blinks after so much time? A vibrator would be the best, but if this isnīt possible ... :(

momags!
01-20-2002, 06:59 AM
I'm certainly no expert on the subject so bear with me. How does someone patent something like a vibrator in the handle of a paintball marker? Did they invent vibration? I thought that original ideas or inventions would justify patent or copyright, whatever the case may be. If I remember correctly, pagers were the first electronic components to offer vibration as a means to signal that a page had been recieved. Since that day, nearly EVERY pager company had begun to equip the same feature. Why is the paintball industry any different? Perhaps Angel patented a specifically designed circuit, but can't that circuit be altered to get around the patent? I just shake my head at the fact that no one can put a vibration circuit in their markers. Shame on Angel.......shame on the patent office.

EmagKing137
01-20-2002, 10:21 AM
who cares if you cannot see the game timmer i never use it. if your going to fuss about a game timmer then get a ricochet hopper it has a game timer on the back of it and has several other functions to so quit ur b!&chen and get a ricochet or a radio shack game timmer. GEEZE!!!:D

damageinc54
01-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by EmagKing137
who cares if you cannot see the game timmer i never use it. if your going to fuss about a game timmer then get a ricochet hopper it has a game timer on the back of it and has several other functions to so quit ur b!&chen and get a ricochet or a radio shack game timmer. GEEZE!!!:D

Oh Jr. members :rolleyes: Just because YOU do want to use the game timer on the gun does not mean that others do not. Save your whiney comment for a different thread. The guys here are just asking good questions about the EMag. I use the nice little radio shack timer. I would however like the features of my gun to be of some use to me as I am sure that others would too. Tom, how about some kind of little buzzer or beeping sound? That should not be too hard to do. A beeping sound that the user can set to go off at whatever time he wants would be nice.

DjGruv
01-20-2002, 06:23 PM
How about a talking timer just like the radio shack timer. Nobody has that, so you would be able to patent it. Not to mention, its VERY loud.

FooTemps
01-20-2002, 06:32 PM
How about an electro-shock timer... You get a small shock to your palm when a certain about of time passed! lol...