PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get a Nitro tank filled...

govols
01-18-2002, 10:54 AM
Where do I get a Nitro tank filled in North Alabama (Huntsville) or Southern Tennessee? I currently run CO2 in my MiniMag but want to go CA. Thanks in advance.

David

MiniMag
Dye 10" stainless
Dye Gas Thru Grip
Lapco bottomline with macroline setup
ACI coiled remote
ZAP Mach 404 agitator

2000Sabre
01-18-2002, 12:04 PM
Most local fields have the capacity to fill CO2 and CA so if you know of a field nearby try there. If that does not work, try a local paintball proshop as they usually have fill stations as well. If neither is available, try a dive shop as they may be able to do it as well if equiped properly. LOL

govols
01-18-2002, 12:09 PM
...there are no "local" paintball pro shops or paintball fields. I have my own CO2 bulk fill setup. I suppose I can ask the local dive shop. I don't want to buy all the equip. and then find out I have to drive 75 miles to get the nitro tank filled.

Army
01-18-2002, 12:50 PM
Here ya go, this should help you:
http://www.warpig.com/forums/fields/index/pg_Alabama.shtml

Thank goodness for WARPIG!:cool:

govols
01-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Thanks Army,
I just got off the phone with a paintball field/proshop that is only 10 minutes from where I work. I didn't have a clue it was there. They fill HPA tanks and it's more than reasonable. Any fill on any size tank is only $3.

Load SM5
01-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Where do you live? I'm in North Alabama near Hunstville. In Huntsville, actually Madison, there a place called Rock Diver's Paintball. They only use nitro because they double as a Scuba Shop. In Florence there's North Alabama Paintball, my favorite field.

Paintchucker
01-18-2002, 05:59 PM
If you are remote, you might want to consider getting some old scuba tanks. Problem is that most of them only fill to 3000, but the adapter is only about $50. I am trying to get one so I don't have to run to the pb store during the week, when I am just playing around with the guns.

personman
01-18-2002, 07:06 PM
!! My dad has a pony bottle... but that probally wouldnt fill up my Stub.. lol.. that thing is tiny!

paintbattler
01-19-2002, 06:09 PM
just go to a scuba shop where they fill scuba tanks and they will fill it up for ya and/or get a scuba tank and feed off of it

Micromag5371
01-20-2002, 06:48 PM
Do not listen to what they told you to do!!!! they are all wrong!

If you want to fill your nitro, You will have to sneak into the local Nitro mine. Thats right! the NITRO MINE!

you should have a local mine where they extract the Nitrogen gases out of the earths crust. sometime during the night, you will have to sneak into a mine. they are pretty secret, and finding them can be a pain. all you have to do is put on a red jumpsuit and wear a brown paper bag on your left arm and they will let you in, or you can jump the fences...but you will have to make a dash for the mine.

now, to fill your tank : Bring the tank into the mine, and find a secret spot where nobody is likely to find it and depress the pin with an ACI pin depressor (assuming you already have one, like we all do.) now depress the pin by screwing the pin in 4 and a quarter turns clockwise, and leave the tank there... for about 4-5 days. when you are leaving the mine, and an official tries to stop you, throw a pack of Hostess* Ho-Ho's at him...it works every time.

come back for your tank, and do the complete opposite to get back out of the mine with your nitro tank. DO NOT SCRATCH THE TANK! Its also a good idea to have 2 tanks so you can switch off.

Hope this helps you!!!

P.S.- I find it incredibly useful to tie a glowing neon fiber-optic cable to the mouth of the mine, so i can get back out and find the tank when i come back for it!!!!!!!!!

PBpunk
01-21-2002, 04:24 PM
wow Micromag5371 thats exactly what i do except i alway use a rock duct taped to a hose instead of the aci pin depresser and also i normaly hop the fence so the guards chase me with submachine guns, its kinda fun. then i hang from the ceiling like jackie chan and they all run past also its good training for paint ball. i found my local mine through my good friend double O angent. dont ask me what all these people are talking about "dive shops" and "Local paintball fields" jeez kids these days

govols
01-22-2002, 09:35 AM
Micromag5371,
Great suggestion! I only had to go 8 miles to find a Nitro mine. Your suggestion worked flawlessly. Just wondering though...the nitro tank is bulging and making growling sounds. I suppose that's normal...right?

David

Drizit
01-22-2002, 10:07 AM
yep that's what it's suposed to do. if it doesn't then you need to leave it in the mine for another couple of days. it get's a bit difficult to get into the nitro mine's here in canada. they are starting to get wise to paintballers, you now have to put the paper bag on your right arm here, and you have to dig through so much snow to get to the entrence (makes it realy hard if you jumped the fence and the gards are chasing you.) By the way, what is this dive shop thing they are talking about i've never heard of one.