PDA

View Full Version : REAL ULT kit or NOT? ( i dono)

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
03-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Ok i bought a ULT kit, and a X-vaulve. And i already own a Retro vaulve....
Ive looked at many pics on AGD site at the ULT kit. The question is mine in both X adn Retro look like it. But whne i recieved my kit today it looks totally differ!

Mine on both X & RT when pulled out have no oring at top. But my new kit does. Plus my kit says to pull out old on/off and replace with this kit. When i try it seems to be a hair to long. like it wont cover the oring at the base all the way.
(is it that tight or is there more to come out?)
All that came out was the shaft with oring and the pin stayed in but i pulled it out as well. I see another oring inside with a smaller black one inside it. Must that come out as well? or does it stay in?

thansk for any help, and doe sanyone have a picture of a regular on/off. Cause i was told mine had a ULT, but i guess not. Thanks for any HELP!

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
03-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Ok, i just saw that a picture of a regular X, retro, is what i have. So i know that i didnt have a ULT kit, i was lied too. (no problem)

Now that i do have a kit, how do i install. Do i take out thsoe extra orings inside? The white and blck that are up in top of the vulve front, where the on/off goes up into.

Reason asking cause when i took the old on/off out, the pin ws stuck up inside to a small black oring that looks surrounded by a larger white one.
(these are the ones im suppsoe to take out?)

03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
yes take out both of the orings on top of the old on off then lube up and slide in the ULT

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Also is it a good idea to have a ULT kit on a pneu-frame? Or is the pneu enough to walk a trigger alone? Do they go hand in hand or are they not good together? Thansk again and sorry for the trouble.

03-21-2008, 07:42 PM
you dont need a ULT for a pneuframe, a standard RT on/off works

03-21-2008, 07:44 PM
yes a pneumag is walkable if setup right. electro light and short trigger pull

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
03-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Ok, but is it alright to have the ULT on? Will it make it that much more lighter? or be more of a pain?
Which would i be better off with?

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
03-21-2008, 07:46 PM
ULT on/off + Pneu
or
stock on/off + Pneu

03-21-2008, 07:47 PM
just use the stock if your going pneu
put the ULT in a different marker, or sell it to buy most of the stuff you need for the pneu conversion

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
03-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Ok, thanks!
I alrady have the pneu-frame attached to a ULE body, with LPR and all the goodies it fired well on my Retro, but i was wondering if it would be better with a X-vaulve with ULT????

Im also in the process of getting my second pneu-frame, but would i be better off with just a ULT'ed X-vaulve. And leaving my retro to the pneu-frame??

03-21-2008, 07:56 PM
the Xvalve and the retro should perform the same, with the retro weighing slightly more
the ULT isnt going to help a pneumag, though I dont think it will hurt

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
03-21-2008, 08:00 PM
HUGE THANKS!
one last question???
* Which is actually lighter? and can the X-vaulve ULT be walked like a Retro vaulve Pneumag?
* Reason for asking Ive never shot a ULT trigger before, i went striaght to a pneumag from cyber two years ago.

So i was wondering which is more dependable? and which is lighter? Im a rough woodball player....(lol)

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
03-21-2008, 08:01 PM
ok SORRY maybe that was 3-4.....

03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
some guys can get their ULTs walkable, but for most ppl its just a very light mech trigger
as far as durability, most of the components for a pneumag are inside the handle, so they are well protected
as far as reliability, a pneumag has more moving parts so it is going to be less reliable, but only slightly so

SAMURAI "PREDATOR"
03-21-2008, 08:11 PM
THANKS! 211, i appricate it alot. cant thnak you enough for your input!