PDA

View Full Version : What BPS does a classic valve cap out at?

Blitzen
03-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Well the title says it all:What BPS does a classic valve cap out at? I have always heard that it was around 10 (10-13). How would you know when you were capping out? Would you get shootdown? ("negative" velocity "spike") Although I am pretty sure that you can, but can you use a classic valve with an air tank?

Thanks for the help guys!

michbich
03-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I have heard 16-18bps, I would also assume that when you reach that point, you get shootdown.

secretweaponevan
03-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Well the title says it all:What BPS does a classic valve cap out at? I have always heard that it was around 10 (10-13). How would you know when you were capping out? Would you get shootdown? ("negative" velocity "spike") Although I am pretty sure that you can, but can you use a classic valve with an air tank?

Thanks for the help guys!

I've heard 13+ (perfect for the new cap).
Yes, you can use a classic valve with an air tank. They are stainless and can be fed with 3000psi, although that would be dangerous unless you knew what you were doing.

pump
03-22-2008, 03:08 AM
how fast is this?
http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/HitechHyper1.avi
http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/HitechHyper2.avi

jade_monkey07
03-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Both thos vids are 20 Bps on the dot. but just cause the gun was cycling that fast doesnt mean there wasnt any shootdown.

pump
03-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Both thos vids are 20 Bps on the dot. but just cause the gun was cycling that fast doesnt mean there wasnt any shootdown.
true........i wonder how much there would be at 20 bps..........i dont think much

Lenny
03-22-2008, 05:41 PM
This is why I love the classic valve. It'll shoot as fast as any modern gun with minimal drop off, it's more consistant than the RT (no "shoot-up"), and the trigger is PERFECT with an RT on/off.

Spider-TW
03-22-2008, 09:20 PM
The higher you go toward 20 bps, the more you need electronics, mainly so that the valve is guaranteed recharge time. The electronics need an LPR and solenoid valve (with a classic) because of power requirements. At that point you have all the guts and weaknesses of a lot of high end guns.

You don't make a classic mag fast because you want a fast marker. You make a classic mag fast because you want a fast mag.

pump
03-22-2008, 09:33 PM
The electronics need an LPR and solenoid valve (with a classic) because of power requirements.but uh....they dont have LPRs or Solenoid valves? and are hitting 20

AnthonyDStone
03-23-2008, 12:21 AM
With My Hyperframe,I could get 15 BPS is full auto with No shootdown,At about 17BPS There was significant shootdown and at 20 BPS I couldn't get it to recharge fast enough to fire every time.
Hope this helps!

Tony :shooting:

pump
03-23-2008, 01:11 AM
With My Hyperframe,I could get 15 BPS is full auto with No shootdown,At about 17BPS There was significant shootdown and at 20 BPS I couldn't get it to recharge fast enough to fire every time.
Hope this helps!

Tony :shooting:
i wonder why..........i know some older mags have smaller holes than the newer mags out there....i would like to try side by side the diff in just body ports

kinda do a test and see with every mod would be cool to

Hilltop Customs
03-23-2008, 01:43 AM
lvl10 will make a huge difference with shootdown/cycling in a classic when trying to max out the valve. If you have lvl10 you will get slight shootdown and then abruptly stop fully cycling, but without lvl10 you will get hugely noticable shootdown before the valve will stop fully cycling.

jade_monkey07
03-23-2008, 09:07 AM
You don't make a classic mag fast because you want a fast marker. You make a classic mag fast because you want a fast mag.

Exactly, i love how the classic valve shoots, feels, sounds. so making a pnue classic was a must for me