PDA

View Full Version : Would a sticky on/off caise this

resole
03-23-2008, 09:26 AM
've got a problem with my Mag (which may be Level 10 related but I'm not sure).

I've installed a level 10 and gotten to the stage where I can fire the marker nice and solidly if I only pull the trigger once every second or so. As soon as I try anything faster (nothing very rapid) I get an intermittent problem with a slow bolt (it will move forward but not fast enough to put a ball out).

I've stripped everything down, put different spacers in, oiled it all up, played with different o-rings in the on/off assembly but nothing seems to be helping. Does anyone have any advice for a tinkerer who doesn't know which route to pursue?

Cheers

03-23-2008, 03:15 PM
are you using the largest oring carrier that doesnt leak?

athomas
03-26-2008, 05:28 AM
Bolt stick issues can cause this. This can be caused by a carrier that is too tight or a bolt spring that is weak. Other causes could be dirt in the regulator part of the valve. Give the valve a good cleaning first. Then use the largest carrier that doesn't leak and go form there.

secretweaponevan
03-26-2008, 12:19 PM
athomas, you just rock. I try my best to diagnose problems, but is seems as if you have seen it all, even the really weird stuff.

Always looking forward to learning from your posts. :)

Ruler_Mark
03-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Also a warped (as in not level) rail can cause this. same as a non-agd body, look inside the body and see if you see rub on the top or bottum on the inside of the body, then you have boltsticking cause by bolt rub

michbich
03-26-2008, 12:57 PM
If you have a LVL 7 bolt, i would put it in to see if the problem is still there. So you will know if it's a valve or bolt problem. But yeah, a carrier that is too tight or a spring that is too weak can give you the symptoms that you are experiencing. Is the marker oiled?

resole
03-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks for suggestions fellas.