PDA

View Full Version : my valve is leaking

the_round_one
03-23-2008, 02:27 PM
ive owned a mag for a few years now, but never learned how to work on them. everyone who did my repairs have moved away. i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem and teach me how to fix it?

03-23-2008, 03:14 PM
need more info
where exactly is the leak
is it comiong out the back of the valve-----turn down your velocity
if its leaking out the barrel without the trigger pulled------replace powertube oring
if it leaks while the trigger is held--------on/off top oring

Toms tech video on the automag is in 9 pieces on youtube, its got all the fixes for leaks

the_round_one
03-27-2008, 05:13 PM
not out of the back. i already fixed that. its down the barrel but we already replaced the outside carrier o-ring and the internal one inside the little cavity. it worked for a few hours but then went to down again. im running out of little o-rings. but when i replace them it works for awhile

michbich
03-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Is the marker oilled properly?

sunjess
03-27-2008, 07:04 PM
I spoke with someone from AGD on the phone today they said you only need 2 drops of oil though the asa per MONTH to lube all of the internals. Does that sound correct to you guys. Also wanted to mention that to the_round_one just incase he has not properly lubed his gun.

michbich
03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
I spoke with someone from AGD on the phone today they said you only need 2 drops of oil though the asa per MONTH to lube all of the internals. Does that sound correct to you guys. Also wanted to mention that to the_round_one just incase he has not properly lubed his gun.

I put a couple drops before the first game and a couple drops at the end of the day.

03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
from your reply I deduce that you have level 10, so try going down a carrier size

Madcat_MK2
03-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Make sure you keep the same o-ring and only change carriers. You probably only need to go one size smaller and when sizing, dont oil the o-ring, try to keep it dry. I sized the oring before with oil and it was leaking as I was using too much oil and it gave me a false sense of the o-ring sealing. I leater learned on here to keep it dry when sizing, which has since fixed my prob.

Ruler_Mark
03-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Make sure you keep the same o-ring and only change carriers. You probably only need to go one size smaller and when sizing, dont oil the o-ring, try to keep it dry. I sized the oring before with oil and it was leaking as I was using too much oil and it gave me a false sense of the o-ring sealing. I leater learned on here to keep it dry when sizing, which has since fixed my prob.

also you guna can leak after oiling just dry fire it a couple hundred times and you'll be set

Spider-TW
03-28-2008, 12:50 PM

At least once a month. It's the air going through that dries it out, so count tank fills or cases of paint. 2 drops before each case of paint is my baseline. A classic with a level 7 bolt is less picky than an X-valve with a level 10, but that usually goes with the rate of fire also.

the_round_one
04-09-2008, 06:25 PM
sorry i have to use other peoples internet to reply. but yes i have a level 10. but when i put on a smaller carrier and keep the same o-ring it will work for a little then leak. ive tried a new dry o-ring and smaller carrier and the same thing happens. it will work for about a bag then it will leak again. and i only oil it with two drops every now and then so its not over oiled. i just dont know. i may end up selling it.

Spider-TW
04-10-2008, 07:42 AM
If you're sure it's leaking at the bolt, try a little bit of grease on the bolt tip (plunger?) where it sits on the oring (but not in the hole). If the leak doesn't change, it's not in the powertube oring. Check for scratches on the plunger tip and in the power tube where the carrier oring rides. Check those orings for scratches. Make sure your carriers are clean when you put orings on/in them.

(no coffee) -> "plunger"

Read the entire "Official level 10 problems thread" and you will be an expert. :p

athomas
04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Hold the trigger in after you fire. After a couple of seconds, the residual leaking should stop. If it continues then your problem is not in the powertube section of the gun.

Make sure you remove all the powertube shims when checking leaks like this. Too many shims can cause leaking.

the_round_one
04-12-2008, 03:15 PM
when i pull the trigger it stops leaking. it just leaks like there is no tomm. ive tried oil, but not too much. ive replaced all the o-rings i can get to. then it works for a little then just leaks. last fix lasted me about a case then it just started to leak again. i just dont know but it is for sale on the other message board.

Sumthinwicked
04-12-2008, 03:56 PM
okie as dumb as it sounds there is a fat wassher looking oring in bewtween the 2 valve halves spin the front and back that apart and replace might help you can flip it sometimes its in backwards some leaks are fixed this way usually the leaks i get but i use lvl 7 only

Ruler_Mark
04-12-2008, 04:16 PM
when i pull the trigger it stops leaking. it just leaks like there is no tomm. ive tried oil, but not too much. ive replaced all the o-rings i can get to. then it works for a little then just leaks. last fix lasted me about a case then it just started to leak again. i just dont know but it is for sale on the other message board.

If the leak is down the barrel you might just need to put a tighter carrier on.

If it isnt try the fix in the post above.

the_round_one
04-12-2008, 08:53 PM
ive tried tighter carriers. after we got it fixed like the fifth time we started playing with carrier sizes. i went from the largest to the smallest and found ones that work for a little then it leaks again. so i down size to tighter. the it will leak again. i tried watching the mag insruction video but i just cant stay awake long enough to get anything out of it.

the_round_one
04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
i still have a star on my valve and i was wondering how to send it back to agd so they can repair it unless there is someone in va that wants to travel to the field i work at? just let me know :D

athomas
04-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Did you remove all the powertube shims? Make sure you do that first. If it still leaks when you go to the next tighter carrier, go another step tighter.

Check the sear for wear at the tip. If your sear is worn, you may not get it to stop leaking because the bolt will be sitting too far forward.

the_round_one
04-17-2008, 06:20 PM
thanx. i never even thought of that. ill try that 2nite. we tryied the shims but not the sear. im pretty sure one of us have one around here or not the shop just got an account with agd last week. thanx again