PDA

View Full Version : Need help changing the body on my Tac-One

WBBham
03-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Alright, I have a tac-one that I recently put a warp on. I have a vertical feed though, so I figured I would save some space by changing to a warp body. First question is... the warp ULE bodies say they require a "slight rail modification" in order to fit, what exactly does this entail?

Also, does warp right mean that the feed is on the right side of the body or that it is designed for right-handed players (putting the feed on the left side of the body). I thought I would go to the ULE body instead of the tac-one warp because I don't use the rails on the tac-one and they are a pain to clean.

03-23-2008, 03:10 PM
a groove has to be milled into the rail for the feedneck
the left and right are just that when viewed as if shooting

paintball72
03-23-2008, 03:13 PM
you can make the notch with a file if you dont have a mill but just be careful to not scratch the ano

wetwrks
03-23-2008, 03:15 PM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/wetwrks/P1010006-4.jpg

If you look you can see the notch milled in the rail. These are both warp left. When you hold the gun, the feed sticks out on the left side.

WBBham
03-23-2008, 03:38 PM
I think I actually get it. I'm new to all this stuff, I shy away from messing with anything above the trigger frame for fear of messing up the internals(ie noob), so this will be my first adventure with the potential to truly ruin my mag! So it really is just as simple as making a groove to provide space for the feed neck?

And I don't have a mill, So what is the ano? (like I said, total noob) You mean the anodized... whatever that is on the aluminum? ...It is aluminum right? Is there anything wrong with scratching that besides making my gun ugly?

Is there anything else that might throw me for a loop trying to switch out the bodies?

Thanks for helping out guys!

custar
03-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Alright, I have a tac-one that I recently put a warp on. I have a vertical feed though, so I figured I would save some space by changing to a warp body. First question is... the warp ULE bodies say they require a "slight rail modification" in order to fit, what exactly does this entail?

Also, does warp right mean that the feed is on the right side of the body or that it is designed for right-handed players (putting the feed on the left side of the body). I thought I would go to the ULE body instead of the tac-one warp because I don't use the rails on the tac-one and they are a pain to clean.

I have a Tac rail that is already cut for a warp feed. Which side do you want your warp on?

custar

olinar
03-23-2008, 11:10 PM
And I would be interested in picking up your vertical feed tac one body.

Btw, scratching the marker anywhere is only going to affect the cosmetics.

The ano (anodizing) is a coating the hardens the metal and protects it from oxidation.

Its also makes it look pretty ;)

It shouldnt be too hard to do it yourself.

WBBham
03-24-2008, 01:54 AM
I'm actually going to be getting a warp right. I've been working on the whole loader setup and it's kinda funky... long story short it'll be loading into the right of the body if I ever get everything together. I'll post pictures someday when it doesn't look as absurd as it does right now.

I'll probably just file it down myself, shouldn't be a big deal and I doubt there are many people with warp right setups that they are getting rid of, and theres no reason spending money when I don't need to. But sure, I won't be holding on to the vertical body so I'll let ya know since you called dibs on it. I'll have a better idea on a time line as the week goes on.

Thanks for the info guys, I might actually manage to pull this off! I'll keep you posted.

custar
03-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm actually going to be getting a warp right. I've been working on the whole loader setup and it's kinda funky... long story short it'll be loading into the right of the body if I ever get everything together. I'll post pictures someday when it doesn't look as absurd as it does right now.

I'll probably just file it down myself, shouldn't be a big deal and I doubt there are many people with warp right setups that they are getting rid of, and theres no reason spending money when I don't need to. But sure, I won't be holding on to the vertical body so I'll let ya know since you called dibs on it. I'll have a better idea on a time line as the week goes on.

Thanks for the info guys, I might actually manage to pull this off! I'll keep you posted.

If you're interested in a swap, I will check my rail tonight. I think it was set up warp left, but if it is warp right, I would be willing to trade with me adding some cash.

custar