PDA

View Full Version : Looking to join Mag club

JaNordy
03-23-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm sure most of us remember the Mag/Cocker wars, well I happened to be on the cocker side back then. I always thought mags were quality guns, after 11 years I figure its about time I get my first mag. It would be nice to have the mag/cocker rivalry again in my own household. I am glad to see AGD is still making new mags and I am looking to get a new RT. I have a few questions about joining the Mag family.

1. Where are sites you can buy mags/mag parts besides AGD?
2. I always wanted a old benchmark frame for a mag, any place to get them besides ebay/forums? And will a ULE trigger upgrade fit in a older benchmark frame like that?
3. If I buy a RT from AGD with the ULE trigger upgrade, will I also get the "old" style trigger internals on the side?
4. Can I still buy Logic Alpha rails? If so where?
5. Is there any place to find the older smart parts front grip? It was always real smooth, light weight and stylish.
6. Why is Karta body in such demand, is it just the looks or does it weight even less than a ULE body?
7. Where can you buy Exile/Pariah bodies?
8. Would it be better to order a stock RT Custom, or try to find a place that will custom build the RT with the parts I want? I guess what I should say is, is it worth spending little more and having stock RT parts around after upgrading?

I would like to build sorta my dream RT, X-Valve, Lvl10, Exile/Pariah body, Logic Alpha rail, old benchmark frame. Everything in black too :ninja:
I appreciate any advice thanks!

Lenny
03-24-2008, 04:37 AM
1. Tunamart.com, the magsmith.com
2. Only way to find them is on the BST forums. Most of them are in good quality, though. Not to many people on AO abuse thier gear. And yes, the ULT wil work with it (assuming you're using an RT Pro with the correct depth; do a search about that), but I'm not sure how the feel would be. Bechmarks tend to have a really long and mushy pull.
3. No.
4. New? No. Used? For a pretty penny in the BST's.
5. BST
6. Just looks. And I don't care who you are or where you're from, you have to admit it is a really sexy body. :hail:
7. themagsmith.com
8. Doesn't really matter. In fact, it'll be a lot cheaper just looking for a used RT Pro with everything you want on it. Like I said, the people here tend to take pretty good care of thier gear, so most of the items for sale will be like-new. I actually just recieved a MiniMag from a deal on here, and I couldn't tell the thing was ever even fired! Not a scratch, ding, or leak!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. They guys are pretty good about helping the new guys.

And it's about time you realised 'Mags are the better gun! :ninja:

pk5
03-24-2008, 10:57 AM
BTW: unless you are getting a used RT, i suggest you contact tuna man on www.tunamarts.com don't forget the www his site is not setup to forward without the www.

Lolz i know i sound like a broken record, but the man was even happy to pick up my phone call at 9 PM at night, i was expecting to reach an answering machine.

Anyway he have really good price on automags even RT, just send him an email through the contact form and he'll get back to you with the price and what he can do with it.

robnix
03-24-2008, 11:03 AM
BTW: unless you are getting a used RT, i suggest you contact tuna man on www.tunamarts.com don't forget the www his site is not setup to forward without the www.

http://www.tunamart.com

no s.

JaNordy
03-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks to RA1N1ER I now have a benchmark frame on the way. I will get in contact with those 2 places to find out what they have in stock. It looks like Logic alpha rail might be hard to find, let alone in gloss black. Thanks for the help so far.

Sumthinwicked
03-24-2008, 03:31 PM
hopefully u bought a benchmark with no wings if your getting an alpha rail if you get it and its single and has wings contact me ill buy it ;) and roguefactor has new ones left with no wings which is what you want

JaNordy
03-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Well in short order I decided to not go with Logic rail, I was told they are lacking too much metal and thus pron to bending and having strength issues.

Sumthinwicked
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
check to see what you got u might need am/mm rails if there is wings if the top is flat ur golden for pt pro or emag rails ;) just thought id help if i could

chafnerjr
03-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Well in short order I decided to not go with Logic rail, I was told they are lacking too much metal and thus pron to bending and having strength issues.

I haven't heard of that myself, but then again I have just bought an alpha v2 with even less material than the v1

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg171/arplud6/IMG_6765.jpg
not my gun, but it IS my rail.

I just have to reflect on the comments above. If you search the BST sections you WILL find everything you want as long as you have the time and patience for it. I just got the above rail from these forums about 2 weeks ago about 2 hours after simply asking for one (WTB). I also found a lot of other great stuff very very quickly (chimera, a brand new viper blade, and so on in a few hours). So quickly in fact that I think I managed to spend about $400 on various parts in about an hour.

JaNordy
03-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Well the guy at tunamart said those rails were too risky with bending because of how much they have been milled. I don't know what wings are or what they limit me to. The Splinter Rail was my second choice rail, tunamart guy recommended Mini Shadow rail.

chafnerjr
03-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Well the guy at tunamart said those rails were too risky with bending because of how much they have been milled. I don't know what wings are or what they limit me to. The Splinter Rail was my second choice rail, tunamart guy recommended Mini Shadow rail.

The shadow and splinter rails are HOTT!!! :headbang:

As for the bending... I'll just say go ahead and trust the tuna because I certainly DON'T do this for a living. Though I still don't see how they'd bend being held together top to bottom, front and back. I'm not saying that it can't bend.. hell they are just aluminum, but all the force bearing parts of the rail are still fully intact from the MM rail it was milled from but I've seen a lot of home made rail's that I wouldn't trust at all.

In any event build what YOU want for you and enjoy it. :cheers: