PDA

View Full Version : I need help ultra fast about a PUMA and BOBCAT

Bonx0007
01-18-2002, 03:21 PM
I have run into six of these markers for a cheap price but i want to know what to look for when buying them. I believe they are an older model but I am not sure. Please give me all the info you can as fast as you can I only have a half hour.Thank You.
P.S. These markers are all in un opened packages. Still sealed.

Bonx0007
01-18-2002, 03:32 PM
Mods do you guys know anything about these guns???Someone help me please I am running out of time and resources.:confused:

justinellery
01-18-2002, 03:33 PM
I owned a Puma. I liked it because you can put the bottle vertical or on the back. I didn't like the bottle above the grip though b/c it hit my mask when I put the tank to my shoulder. The problem that is common to the guns and I have a friend that has two pumas and another with one and they all have the same problem. They will double fire. For some reason often when you pull the trigger once they will not catch when recocking to something and double fire breaking a ball in the breech. If you run them on HPA though it is mostly eliminated. About 800 psi seems perfect for the Puma. They are VERY durable though. Great lines and good welds. I haven't had any experience with Indian Creeks customer service. Thats about it. Good luck.

Muzikman
01-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Whats cool about the Puma is that it can run on Liquid CO2:) How cheap is cheap?

Bonx0007
01-18-2002, 03:36 PM
I believe that these guns are so old that they don't have any holes drilled for the bottomlines even. Keep the info coming plz it helps. thanks justinellery and muzikman.We are talking almost giving them too me. Not quite sure on the price.

Muzikman
01-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Seeing as though a buddy of mine owned a Panther (predessesor to the Puma) and it had bottomline holes, I'm sure the Puma does too. Those guns are probably from around 95 or so.

If you buy them and wanna get rid of either, let me know, depending on price I might buy one off you just to fool with.

HoppysMag
01-18-2002, 04:43 PM
Acouple of ICD's guns have Euro-grips, my friends thunder cat comes to mind . if they are CHEAP getem and if u dont like em sell them to someone else.

markhauguel
01-18-2002, 10:12 PM
I had a thundercat and these guns are tanks. I dropped mine several times and didn't even scratch it. The triggers are a little hard and no option for a double. Barrels are not very common and good ones sell for too much because of the Bushmaster. Lapco makes adapters so you can use Spyder barrels and also a grip frame so standard 45 grip will fit. They are good guns though but have a lot of kick. They tear down real easy even compared to a Mag. Not many mods but they are reliable and fairly accurate from the factory. I liked it and my son used it for a year or so. Good guns.

Bonx0007
01-18-2002, 10:29 PM
Muzikman How much would you be willing to offer for one.
They have the M-16 grip. And they are brand new. I got myself 2 because they costed a little more than expected. If there is an interest i will sell them 95 is a good offer I am willing to negotiate. LMK

Bonx0007
01-18-2002, 11:27 PM
Hey!! In the manual for the PUMA they give ups to Airgun Designs for developing the Powerfeed system. I think thats cool.

Bonx0007
01-19-2002, 01:28 AM
Do bushmasters and pumas have the same thread barrels?????

Jeb_Hoge
01-19-2002, 09:13 AM
Bonx...yes, they do use the same barrels. Also, you should contact Indian Creek Designs. The guns are fairly modular...you can put .45 frames on them, change the vertical ASAs, and I'm pretty sure you CAN put double triggers on them. Also, go to this site: http://www.mindspring.com/~prcarter/icd/bcat_main.html
The guy here has a TON of info on ICD's guns. I think you'll be nicely surprised at how much you can do with them.

Tunaman
01-19-2002, 09:21 AM
I had a horrible experience with a Puma. It was a Perm-a-leak!

Bonx0007
01-19-2002, 12:03 PM
where did it leak from?