PDA

View Full Version : So it finally happened to me...

robnix
03-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Just to be fair, the kid that was at the store wasn't an idiot, just uninformed. He was pleasant and courteous as well.

Me: Do you have any Gas Thrus?
Clerk: Stocks?
M: No, grips.
C: No, there aren't any guns that use those anymore.
M: All of mine except for my emag do.
C: (Blank Stare)
M: I shoot automags
C: (Blank Stare)
M: Airgun Designs?
C: (light bulb!) Aren't those old?
M: No, in fact the project I'm working on has parts that I bought new less than a year ago.
C: (blank stare) (pause) Really? You should check the other store then, (name) is there, he knows about all that old stuff.
M: Thanks?

MechWarrior
03-24-2008, 11:49 AM
LOL funny post. Get used to it...happens all the time.

Whee McGee
03-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Can't all guns accept a gas-thru where a vertical reg can be used?

pmstc
03-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, there really aren't any guns that use gas thrus. All of them have regulators or expansion chambers. Well, with the exception of spyders and whatnot.

Dark Side
03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Can't all guns accept a gas-thru where a vertical reg can be used?

Yep. Your shot grouping might be crap but yeah you can.

DanMan
03-24-2008, 08:25 PM
At least my local store owner still mutters under his breath "they are good guns" when I ask him about cocker and mag parts. But he dosent have any :cry: .

d4m4don3
03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Meh, my local shop got rid of their stuff, but amazingly enough they will still special order mag stuff for ya. They've noticed a slight rise in the use of mags within the area. They've had to order more parts kits than usual this year. :clap:

Sumthinwicked
03-24-2008, 11:23 PM
peeps can say what they want about spec ops but i give props for the longbow and the help it has created for your lil nishe .org with tacone sales ;) and i love it also um yea but you all know that

Whee McGee
03-24-2008, 11:24 PM
I ALWAYS get compliments on the field. Those who know what it is love it, and those who don't love it and ask what it is. :D

Wickwire
03-25-2008, 08:19 AM
When the kids look at my marker and ask what it is, I say "it's an Ion".

xxkylexx
03-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Mark and I tell them they are new prototype guns and we are beta testers. Expect to see them in a few years.

Warwitch
03-25-2008, 09:04 AM
I always stop in the local shop with my uber-goodies. Every time I bring a Vike or E/pneumag they go nuts. They dont know what they are looking at..... but they know its awesome. :p

DanMan
03-25-2008, 09:57 AM
When the kids look at my marker and ask what it is, I say "it's an Ion".
heathen :cuss: the children are the future

BenoitOWN
03-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Haha I went to my local paintball field yesterday at the shop. I entered with my rainmaker, e-mag and spyder for parts-repair. The guy looks at me when I puts my rainmaker on the desk and say: Hey! if it for a repair I don't touch it!

Me: It just for macroline and fitting ..
Him: ok I can do that but don't ask me about the timing it.
Me: Fine but all the timing is done.

Then I puts my spyder on the table
Him: I don't touch those too! The dragon are crap, break all the time
Me: But it a bob long millenium with a The one Kit and I only came for solenoid.
Him: K but don't ask me more thing

Then I puts my e-mag on the table.
Me: It just for a new macro fitting it leaks.
Him: God why you always need to use old marker?
Me: Because I like it and like to watch other people face at me when I shoot those :P

After a while I go back down and talk to one of the kid, another guy behind say: Is that an e-mag?
Me: Yea, your are the only one who know about those.
His mom: What do you know about e-mag?
Him: It a cool gun
Me other than that?
His mom: Yea do you know anything other than that?
Him: I only know it a cool gun

XD

hehehe

Warwitch
03-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Were you really drunk when you typed that or are you a foreign national?

SummaryJudgement
03-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Were you really drunk when you typed that or are you a foreign national?

:rofl:

BenoitOWN
03-25-2008, 02:04 PM
I am french-quebecois :P
Was also in a hurry since I was sneaking on from my sales-councils class at school

sorry xD

Warwitch
03-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I am french-quebecois :P
Was also in a hurry since I was sneaking on from my sales-councils class at school

sorry xD

Dont be, you have a legit excuse. Unlike the legion of vowel-less posters. :rolleyes: