PDA

View Full Version : Viking Opinions

bjyourk
03-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Looking to sell or add to my automag. How do the vikings compare to the automag(quality, upkeep, ease of use, etc.)?

03-25-2008, 07:31 PM
a viking is to electros, what a mag is to mechs

bjyourk
03-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Let me rephrase: Are they a good alternative to the e-mag? Are they reliable, easy to clean and take apart, built well?

custar
03-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Let me rephrase: Are they a good alternative to the e-mag? Are they reliable, easy to clean and take apart, built well?

Yes, yes, no, and yes.

Vikings are, IMHO, the most reliable electros ever made. They are easy to keep clean in terms of ordinary maintenance. You do not need to dismantle the entire marker for routine maintenance. In fact, unless you are having a problem, you should not take them apart. For routine maintenance, just put a few drops of lube (KC Troublefree, Palmer's lube, 100% synthetic air tool oil, or-of course-AKA lube) in the ASA, dry fire it with barrel removed ~40 times to disperse the lube throughout the marker, clean up, and you're done. Vikings are not made to be easy to take apart, and you will need a special tool to open the lower tubes. This is by design; because Vikings are made to be reliable, so the design is to deter unnecessary fiddling with the internals. Vikings are extremely well built; see my comments above. They don't require grease, a fact that shows the tolerances are tight.

custar