PDA

View Full Version : Industry Intimidation

LawFox32
01-18-2002, 03:51 PM
first off, these are just my opinions, ok well I read the thing about how the new IR3 is supposed to shoot 20+ bps. what I am thinking is that since the great AGD, invented a valve that cycles at 26 bps, it kinda scared WDP into doing more R&D to catch up with the advance. oh well what do you guys think.

Webmaster
01-18-2002, 04:00 PM
heh - it can FIRE 20bps.... can it actually do that with no shoot down?

Hasty8
01-18-2002, 04:51 PM
Ask any vet out there and they will tell you going full auto (or 20 balls a second) just doesn't cut it. In a real firefight situation it overheats your barrel, greatly reduces accuracy and exhausts your supply very quickly.

I use an Emag and prior to that I used a Tippmann M98. You can imagine how quickly I fell in love with the higher rate of fire but after getting my fanning jones under control I went back to controlled, short bursts of well placed fire.

Of course there are situations where high fire is warranted like providing cover fire so team members can retreat/advance and the like but even then your fire has to be quick enough to make sure heads stay down but long enough to provide cover fire for the entire time they are moving.

Think of it this way. At 20 rounds per second (RPS) you would empty a 200 round hopper in 10 seconds. Move the RPS to 26 and now you have 7.69 seconds. A 30 RPS rate would deplete your ammunition in 6.6 seconds.

If we keep greatly advancing the ROF and fail to pay attention to actual game play strategy and technique we will eventually turn the game into "He who carries the most paint wins".

It only take one paintball smacking against the side of my cover to send me diving for cover.

shartley
01-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Hasty8
Very well said.

Cliffio
01-18-2002, 05:02 PM
where do u get that 20bps in the ir3 is different than the 20bps on the 2k1?

as far as i know the 2k and 2k1 have all be said to be 20

so it isnt really new

and what is the difference between 20 and 26?
can U shoot that fast?
no
no one can shoot 26 bps
so why say that the "great" agd has done it with 26, what does that matter?
will it EVER be shot that fast?
nope

when it comes down to it, bps means nothing
when game time rolls around and your shooting 5 or 6bps are you thinking that your mag can reach 26?
doubtfull

bps has nothing to do with the way games are played and usully doesnt mean the outcome

i think right now that everyone is concerned with bps, and i mean its cool to shoot 15 or 16bps, i cant do it, but i guess some people claim they can
but do u ever do it in a game?
i havent ever seen anyone do it
i guess u can, but why?

just my thoughts
Cliff

Paintchucker
01-18-2002, 05:26 PM
I do believe there is such a thing as too many bps. Well, at least for us guys that have to pay for paint. Where I play, paint is about a nickel a ball. 20bps = A dollar every second. Much too rich for my blood for very long...

On the other hand, a system is only as good as its weakest link. Sure you can't finger poke out 26 or even 20 bps, but you want to keep your technology as high as possible. How would you feel on the day that you finally can pump out 12bps, only to find that your gun can only keep up with 9...

FooTemps
01-18-2002, 06:11 PM
I'm just wondering but can odyssey paintball do a test with an upgraded halo with ball bearings set and stuff like that? Especially with an extreme emag. Maybe just a prototype with a powerfeed breach instead?

Jonneh
01-18-2002, 06:17 PM
arn't all electric guns limited to 13.something balls per second anyway?

Cha0tic
01-18-2002, 09:50 PM
the guns can shoot as fast as the bolt can cycle, or as fast as the balls can feed.

BTW- there is a video of an emag doing 20bps full auto by AGD europe.....

ThePatriot
01-18-2002, 09:56 PM
All you people say that you would run out of ammunition very fast with 20 BPS. I agree, you would run out on a 200 round hopper, what if sometime in the paintball future they make a 500 or maybe 400 round hopper? Of course it would add more weight but it would lessen the need for pods and i am sure the weight would eventually no longer become a factor. I do think the hopper would have to have a new design though because that size hopper would be a pain, it could be a back player only hopper perhaps. I also believe it would have to be made out of a different, more reliable, harder material

Nitroduck
01-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Fire control............BAH.

I love high ROFs ......15+

When you play hardcore tournaments, you can really find out why its such a good thing for back players , snapshooters, and anti-snapshooters.

Take this for example....

Say you have a gun that shoots 15bps and can reliably feed that......At the breakout, you sweetspot near a bunker......And a guy runs to it. The higher the ROF, the higher the probability that more paint will land on him, also increasing the chance that it breaks (considering most good back players are shooting from 200ft away)

Hasty made the point of emptying a hopper in like 10 seconds at 20bps......Point is.....That 10 seconds might net you a few eliminations in the first 10 seconds of that game...I've seen it done before......Seeing 2-3 people walk to the deadbox in paint within the first few seconds can really hurt someones morale.....Think of the 200rds as an investment....You use 200 now so you dont have to use 300 later eliminating the same guy later.

Jonno06
01-18-2002, 10:16 PM
You all should look at RobAGD's siq,it tells the truth.

ShinyGuy
01-18-2002, 11:53 PM
The real use of ROF isn't in sustained fire. It's in short bursts. When I snap shoot I like to shoot 3-5 balls in the hope that at least one of them will go where I'm aiming. I can shoot about 9bps on a good day with my mag. That means I need to expose myself for between a 1/3 and 1/2 a second. If I'm shooting a gun that can only shoot 5bps I'm gonna be sticking my head out of my bunker for a lot longer.

But yes; ROF has gotten pretty rediculous these days.