PDA

View Full Version : New user of Tac One

Misha
03-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi there,

first i would like to say how much i wanted an Automag and was finally able to purchase one. This marker looks great and feels very comfortable in my hand. I love the balance.

I am not completely new to the paintball and own C98, X7, Epiphany and a CCI Phantom.

When i got my Tac ONe directly from AGD there were only two pieces of paper in it and theres no diagram that explains the velocity screw, it says its on the back of the regulator. DO the mean the bottom of it (hex screw) or the side close to the body (hex screw again)

Also as i was trying to screw the air tank on it ( i use 48cu3000psi DXS) i heard a lot of hissing noise coimg out of area of ASA and i stopped immediately. I was very curious to fire a few shots though so i used remote line and then slight hissing was coming out of the top of the tank where the remote line is attached. I never experiences a blown O-Ring so far and not sure what one looks like, but the one on my tank has some scratches and very tine pieces worn off. COuld it be the reason for hissing.

Again, could anyone help me wit ha link to diagrams for Tac One so i can figure out velocity screw location as i would like to take it out this Sunday and start with my velocity at lowest setting possible.

I am very sorry for these newbie questions, please forgive me.

Any information is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

~Misha

Hook
03-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Look at this picture. The velocity screw is the big silver part at the back of your marker:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/pvcHook/Tac-One/IMG_6050.jpg

Turn clockwise to increase velocity.

Misha
03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Thank you so much!

jade_monkey07
03-25-2008, 10:21 PM
When i first got my tac one. the standard asa that came with it would always cut my orings, i went through about 15 in a few weeks before it just stopped happening... my tank is now attached to the gun...FOREVER!

michbich
03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Yes, if there is a chunk missing from your oring, that's your problem. I bought an on-off ASA last month and love it. I love it because you don't slice orings anymore, but also because there is no resistance when screwing it in and out. Your ASA probably needs a break-in.