PDA

View Full Version : hydro, when to and where to?

SR_matt
03-26-2008, 09:18 PM
ok quick question

got a tank that was hydroed april of 03, is it good until 4/30/08 or 3/31/08?

and then where the heck can i send my tank to get hydroed, there are not any local places where im at. where do people around here use?

-matt

Looper
03-26-2008, 09:20 PM
ok quick question

got a tank that was hydroed april of 03, is it good until 4/30/08 or 3/31/08?

and then where the heck can i send my tank to get hydroed, there are not any local places where im at. where do people around here use?

-matt

3/31/08

Do you have a local dive shop... My local dive shop charges $20 if I remove the regulator.

xxkylexx
03-26-2008, 09:27 PM
I got mine done at the local fire extinguisher shop.

SR_matt
03-26-2008, 09:34 PM
i havent looked at the dive shops to much due to the bad stories i have heard form some people dealing the dive shops.

ok so to all others is the date looper said what everyone else has seen listed. and to looper or any others can you possibly show me where you have found that info? (not that i do not believe you i just hear so much conflicting info so i really want to try and find the answer officially listed)

thanks a lot
-matt

noleafclover
03-26-2008, 09:47 PM
you could always send it to these people <br>
http://www.hydrotester.com <br>you can save $10 by removing the reg yourself and re-attaching it when it comes back.

SR_matt
03-26-2008, 09:57 PM
thats the main online place i saw (and i dont have the tools around to do it and frankly the $ vs risk doesnt sway me to try and pull the reg)

has any one used that place around here?

-matt

noleafclover
03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I have. I think it was somewhere around $30 or $35 for a round trip and they put a nice lookin sticker with the date n' stuff

cyrus-the-virus
03-27-2008, 02:20 AM
I've had good luck with crossfire doing my hydro, they charge $25 and are fairly fast too.

TnDeathInc
03-27-2008, 12:00 PM
you could always send it to these people <br>
http://www.hydrotester.com <br>you can save $10 by removing the reg yourself and re-attaching it when it comes back.

in the 16 years of pb i been in these are the best i will never send anywhere else or have some local guy blow my adjustible reg again

SR_matt
03-27-2008, 12:09 PM
hmm well that seems to pretty much seal it. i will either go with them or maybe crossfire just because it is a crossfire tank and i may also be able to get the reg cleaned out or what not but meh ill se probably will go with the link there

and i emailed the guy from hydrotester to just confirm the hydro question and it is the first of the month that is listed on the tank when the tank neds to be rehydroed so for me as off april fools day i need to get it hydroed :( (of course i dont have time to do it before the scenario game im going to so ill have to figure out about that, but luckly its a back up tank that i realy only use during the long final battles)

-matt

Jaan
03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
If you were talking about CO2 tanks, you can bring out of hydro tanks to Wal Mart and exchange them for full Blue Rhino tanks. You just pay for the fill.

koleah
03-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I used these guys with good success also:
www.aquahuthydro.com

Good prices, don't need to pull your own reg, and reasonably quick too.