PDA

View Full Version : E-mag/x-mags?

WBBham
03-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Alright, I'm pretty new to the forums here, and to owning a mag. I originally bought a tac-one, am loving it, this brought me here, so I could find out how to enjoy it even more. Long story short, I keep seeing pictures and whatnot of these beautiful emags and xmags (most notably that gorgeous xmag ruler_mark recently posted about) but I can't even find much literature on them. I managed to find out more or less whats in them, but the most important question remains unanswered... how can I get one?

Does anyone still make them or is the only way to pick up a used one? Have I just managed to miss something tremendously obvious here and am thus making a terrible fool of myself or are they really this uncommon? I imagine I'll be swamped with responses on this, and I look forward to reading them all. Thanks for helping the noob guys!

pk5
03-26-2008, 11:05 PM
the emag were release a while ago by agd, and is not in production any more.

To get one, you better save up a lot of money, since each of those thing gonna run you somewhere near the $800 range, more or less depend on where you look and if you are lucky or not.

A fully build, with/without pneumatic option will run around $800+ on the BST

Otherwise, to get one, i think tuna still carry some of them like this one here:

http://www.tunamart.com/?c=47

Still gonna run you in the 900 range though.

Other than that, you can always wait and buy a frame + rail. Usually the frame run around 300 bucks, and you can add that frame to your tac-one x valve with the proper rail. Not sure which rail though, since i just bought my ule and don't have the budget right now for another mag. At least not yet.

tac one = x valve + tac one body + tac one rail + inteli frame
emag = x valve + emag frame + rail ( many choices, including rare one) + some kind of body ( rare or not)
most of the part are interchangable, which is a great thing on a mag.

michbich
03-26-2008, 11:07 PM
They are not produced anymore, AGD stopped making electronic markers.

You can only buy them used now. The best place to find them is here, in the BST forum.

WBBham
03-26-2008, 11:12 PM
That's about what I thought, although I feared it might break the 1k price range. I really shouldn't spend that much money on paintball, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person here who has that problem.

So I could conceivably make my current marker an e-mag then by adding the grip with all the electronics and the proper rail? Is it really that simple?

michbich
03-26-2008, 11:16 PM
That's about what I thought, although I feared it might break the 1k price range. I really shouldn't spend that much money on paintball, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person here who has that problem.

So I could conceivably make my current marker an e-mag then by adding the grip with all the electronics and the proper rail? Is it really that simple?

There are some that will be in the 1k range. The X for instance, will range between 1k-1,6k depending on condition and accessories.

As far as i know...yes

Ruler_Mark
03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
yeap, and you would have to buy a emag pin for your on/off 12$ + shipping from agd, your on/off shoud have a Retro length one.

Xmags are typically 1000+$

I have built budget emags with the heavier components for 400$ and change, and custom ones that cost up to 1000$

Sometimes you have to be patient.

E-tacs, are pretty nice here is a pic of one that i worked on:

http://www.modmymag.com/images/serviced/3-12-2008%20ETac%20vv8155.jpg

If you have trouble putting her together once you have all the parts just shoot me a pm and i can help you out.

got any more questions?

i think your gonig to have this 1, there are 2 main softwares. AGD and XMOD, xmod beta 1.8 is aftermarket has tons of firemodes and generally accepted as the better code. AGD has semi and burst typically and some adjustability, lower max ROF.

WBBham
03-26-2008, 11:29 PM
This makes me very happy. Making the jump to an emag will be my next project after my bizarro-hopper warp feed mod is finished. After all, buying one that works just isn't as much fun as potentially breaking the one I own. I will no doubt return for your (collective) expert advice when it comes to that as I am still pretty new to tinkering with my marker. Thanks again for the help guys!

Beemer
03-26-2008, 11:37 PM

Yup simple is good. AGD tried to KISS. Most all things are backward compatible. AGD cared about the customer that way and didnt just want the dollars. Some will say this was a bad thing.

There are things you cant mix and match but in your case ya its that simple. Set it to spec and have a Happy :shooting: day.

Go to the Tech Forum and pick a sticky for all the info. If not just ask.

Welcome to AO.

WBBham
03-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome!