PDA

View Full Version : What Barrel do you use on your Longbow?

Fated
03-27-2008, 02:42 AM
So I'm kinda a Mag rookie, I started using my friends a couple months ago, and fell in love with it. That and my extreme disdain for my Q-ed A-5, I decided i wanted to upgrade to the marker I truly wanted to use, the Longbow. Before i was scared of the 6-800 dollar price tag, but now i think that its worth it to me, its just money, I can make more. So after what seemed to be a scavenger hunt, Ive got every thing i need to assemble my Longbow. But it brings me to my question. What barrel do you all use on your respective Longbows? I'd like to think I want a barrel kit for the paint to bore match, which seems to me, to make the most accurate and efficient system, but again, I'm a n00b. And while looking at kits, I see so many, and everyone says that their kit is the best, and they're all awesome. Currently I like the DW Fibur cause of its direct acceptance of the freak inserts, but it doesn't seem to come in 18", which is the length of the Longbow Magazine... and that'd be a little awkward. So What do you all use? Kits? One-Piece? Does it matter that much? Any criticism is welcome, just try not to flame me to hard, specially if there is a thread identical to this one like 2 pages away. If thats the case just link me that thread and Ill totally just hide in that one. :D Thanks!
Fated.

Sumthinwicked
03-27-2008, 03:04 AM
no flames here just a freak with 18 in tip

DJLilJon
03-27-2008, 05:24 AM
So I'm kinda a Mag rookie, I started using my friends a couple months ago, and fell in love with it. That and my extreme disdain for my Q-ed A-5, I decided i wanted to upgrade to the marker I truly wanted to use, the Longbow. Before i was scared of the 6-800 dollar price tag, but now i think that its worth it to me, its just money, I can make more. So after what seemed to be a scavenger hunt, Ive got every thing i need to assemble my Longbow. But it brings me to my question. What barrel do you all use on your respective Longbows? I'd like to think I want a barrel kit for the paint to bore match, which seems to me, to make the most accurate and efficient system, but again, I'm a n00b. And while looking at kits, I see so many, and everyone says that their kit is the best, and they're all awesome. Currently I like the DW Fibur cause of its direct acceptance of the freak inserts, but it doesn't seem to come in 18", which is the length of the Longbow Magazine... and that'd be a little awkward. So What do you all use? Kits? One-Piece? Does it matter that much? Any criticism is welcome, just try not to flame me to hard, specially if there is a thread identical to this one like 2 pages away. If thats the case just link me that thread and Ill totally just hide in that one. :D Thanks!
Fated.

I use the Titanium Longbow Kit. It is very effective and a two piece barrel, but it is very pricey. You may want to have a look at Mann's barrel test if you get a chance.

esperto96
03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
I use a 16" CP two piece barrel (I have 3 backs for barrel sizing). I had a 2" muzzle break in my gear bag for years that finally found a use to match up to that 18" spring feed.

I also recently bought an OpsGear Autococker threaded 18" barrel with no porting. I haven't tried it out yet though.

Have any other Longbow users noticed the refs' tendency to put their handheld chrono up to the spring feed, blocking the barrel, when they're going to chrono your gun? I have to tell them to hold it under the "bottom barrel" if they don't want their finger shot. Just a funny observation.

Sumthinwicked
03-27-2008, 06:56 PM
or nice shotgun did yea see the scope bud :P

blitzkriegboom!
03-27-2008, 07:18 PM
i use an 18" opsgear something or other..
as well as a 16" aa which works well but i wish i could find and 18"
size matters.. :ninja:

paintball72
03-27-2008, 10:20 PM
pretty much any barrel kit that has 5 or so inserts would be good for bore sizing. all you need to find now is one with an 18 in length.

Danterwhoo
03-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Or you could simply buy a tac one and a barrel kit and that way you can save 400$ and have the same effectiveness without the extra weight and bulk.