PDA

View Full Version : Fires on Air up?

KrazyJ
03-27-2008, 05:52 AM
I recently purchases a RT ULE from AGD and I had not read anything like this but the gun every time I air it up it fires 1 shot. It did not the very first time I aired it up but the second time i had paint in the breach and no barrel ( thank god) and shot my dishwasher lol. It has now fired consistently every time I air it up now. Other than that I shoots just fine. I have not touched anything when it came from AGD except put oil in the ASA and fire it about every day to start the break in process.

Any Ideas on this?

Also as a side question, since it fires fine from AGD should I adjust anything or leave everything be until things start to wear in?

jade_monkey07
03-27-2008, 06:16 AM
If its an xvalve with The Ultra light trigger upgrade then yes it will do that. I asked the same thing when i got mine a year ago. i was simply told that theres not much you can do except hold the trigger down while gassing up, then release it.

AND OR always air up before you fill your hopper!

as for the side question, leave everything alone for now, once youve put a few cases through it, or dry fired around 10k shots it should start to leak down the barrel, thats when youll need to tune it. At that point it will be your lvl 10. you will have to remove the bolt, pull out the power tube tip and the pieces inside. change the lvl 10 carrier to the next smaller one with the origonal white oring.

if you have any troubles skip to the carrier section in this guide
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

KrazyJ
03-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Hm... well all is well then. Thanks for the reply and the help.

sffudapparel
04-07-2008, 08:04 PM
If it's a r/t put it on safety. I accidentally shot 2 times yesterday and didn't know why. put it on safe and it was cool

code_red
04-08-2008, 06:30 AM
If I don't have my Tac one on safety when I air it up it will fire one shot. Does yours do it when the safety is on?

skuzzlenut
04-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I just got my RT ULE in today and aired it up it fired but there was a lot of slop in the trigger and it shot sooo slow. I herd these things rip.. Is it that the bolt is just sticking cause its new?

someone help a poor nub like me :P

punkncat
04-09-2008, 09:49 PM
When you degas the marker put the safety on w/o pulling the trigger. That will leave the sear set on the lip of the bolt and will keep it from firing that first shot.

KrazyJ
04-10-2008, 03:41 AM
Yup it will fire with and without safety on at air up.

and yeah I suppose I could not pull the trigger however, if I pull the bolt for any reason I have to pull the trigger to get it out.

I found its eaiser to just go with the previous advise and not put paint in it until after I have aired it up.

Spider-TW
04-10-2008, 07:54 AM
I just got my RT ULE in today and aired it up it fired but there was a lot of slop in the trigger and it shot sooo slow. I herd these things rip.. Is it that the bolt is just sticking cause its new?

someone help a poor nub like me :P
Check the threads on the ULT and higher input pressure for the X-valve. Or start a thread with description of your setup. There's stuff that can be done...