PDA

View Full Version : CP 2 piece Pro-Barrel Set

Paintchucker
01-18-2002, 07:49 PM
Has anyone used or does anyone use the custom products two piece pro-barrel set? I found a great price on a set with 3 bores and 4 tips and the case for $185 plus shipping. I have a CP 1 piece barrel that shoots pretty well, but that is still a chunk of change to throw down for barrels. I guess it is cheaper to think of it as 12 possible barrels. :)

bond1313
01-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Buy it, its so worth it I got mine for 230, but it came with 5 bores instead of 3. There are great barrels, and a lost less pain in the arse, ulike the freak.

Cha0tic
01-18-2002, 10:22 PM
they are nice barrels, good for the price.

Jonesie
12-24-2002, 12:37 AM
OK, I revived this thread instead of making a new one. I DID search, and this is what came up.

I'm looking to but a set of these CP barrels. They seem to be the best thing going as far as barrel sets go. Specifically, I'm looking for the 5 bore, 1 tip set with the case. Does anyone know where I can find one of these sets for a Mag online? I can only find them for Imps, Angels, and Tippys. Not mags.

Please let me know if you know where I can find one of these sets online (other than the CP website).

Thanks ~ Jonesie

Snewk
12-24-2002, 01:00 AM
I know two people that SWEAR by CP products barrels. One guy has a cocker for sale, minus his CP barrel, must be something with it. Yes, they are worth the price, and shoot shoot shoot.

mykroft
12-24-2002, 10:31 AM
The CP Barrel sets are nice, but not as flexible as the Freak or another insert based systen, since you need to buy a complete set of backs fro every gun/thread type you own. This becomes a real problem when you own multiple guns with different thread type (My collection varies between 3 and 4 types, depending on whether or not I happen to have a cocker at the time). The 1 piece CP's have real bore sizing and tip break issues from my experience (ANybody want a 16" Green Mag CP, .689 bore? used twice?)

That's 15 backs at a minimum for the CP, 9 for the J&J Edge, 3 for the Freak. Needless to say, I bought the Freak. Also you can get Freak parts everywhere (Real bonus when you want that 10" tip now for hyperball, or get an insane deal on some marker with an odd thread type and need a back yesterday.).

Creative Mayhem
12-24-2002, 10:39 AM
Havoconline swears by them, and i getting a set after christmas. As for the back issue, if you have an Xmag, there's really no need to have another marker.:D

C Mayhem

BajaBoy
12-24-2002, 01:47 PM
my friend likes his alot.

Jonesie
12-24-2002, 03:46 PM
Well, I'm torn between the Freak and the CP. I know there has been endless discussion about the barrel sets, and I'm sorry to rehash this issue. I'm planning to get one of the two, but I'm not sure which... :confused:

Anyway, looks like I might be back to square one...

Later ~ Jonesie

darklord
12-24-2002, 11:48 PM
concerning the "back issue", LAPCO makes thread adapters you can buy, instead of having to buy a whole new back. Makes much more sense IMO.