PDA

View Full Version : Regulator or Fore Grip?

steve_81
03-29-2008, 02:10 PM
I see a lot of Mags without Regulators or anything. Just fore grips in the front. Is it worth it to put a regulator onto a 68 classic Mag (if so what Reg. would you suggest?) or just buy something like this. (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=47PksVAOvOfkqRfge4IkGVra3YC7udG_4GY=?Pro ductID=TxasFAY77MEAAAD3Y3WlA_2t)

Smoothice
03-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Mags don't need regulators.

The back half of the valve is all the regulator you need.

If you see a mag that has a regulator there is a good chance it is a pnuemag and the person is only regulating the air to the pnuematics inside the grip frame. Not to the valve itself.

Or you may see a regulator on a mag that is using co2. But a expansion chamber would be just as useful.

TeamJackal37
03-29-2008, 02:56 PM
The Valve on the Mag are regulator so that why most mag owners have gas-thru, You can get any tank regulator to help keep the flow smooth, save air. I have MacDev Gladiator on on my Mag with no problem, make sure the regulator for HP, I do this for help keep the shots more accurate, Mags are known for variable fps

michbich
03-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Like smoothice said, you don't need a reg since there is one already with the valve. With HPA, you don't even need a gas through. But with CO2, i would recomend an expansion chamber or gas through. I have never tried an additional reg with CO2 so i can't comment on that.

athomas
03-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Two regulators are enough. The one on the tank and the one in the valve regulate the air pressure very well. The addition of another regulator at the foregrip will add another restriction in the air line and could actually cause greater velocity fluctuations.

steve_81
03-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Alright thanks guys for clearing that up for me. Where can i get a grip for my marker then? All i see are the gas thru fore grips.

paintball72
03-29-2008, 09:00 PM
B/S/T section of the forum :headbang:

steve_81
03-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks again.