PDA

View Full Version : Tac One trigger bounce

MX48
03-30-2008, 07:12 AM
I just got a used Maxflo. Seems to work well. Problem is I have to crank the pressure up to 1200psi to get the trigger bounce and even then I can't really hold it there (just get short bursts). Works best when I hold the trigger at the very top. I can get the reg over the 1200 psi mark but was afraid I would damage it. Could the gauge be wrong (I have no way to test it)? The gun is stock with NO ULT.

Do I need to change my carrier or is 1200 psi just what my particular gun needs to bounce?

I read the Zak Vetter website and didn't come across anything I had wrong.

Any help out there? Going to the field today so I can test some more.

Thanks
MX48

Z-man
03-30-2008, 10:05 AM
The reg is rated 3000psi input you will not harm anything no matter how much higher you crank it up. Still if the gauge is working, the reg is clean and all the o-rings and seals on the reg and marker are seated then the airflow should be MORE than enough.
Also you say you have read the site and so I must assume that you know that your on/off pin and sear pin are in tolerance on some AGD spec frame? What kind of frame is it?

When pressurized, how much space is there from the pin to the trigger?

MX48
03-31-2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the reply.

There didn't seem to be enough space at first between the pin and trigger so I adjusted that first thing and it helped some (before I made this post).

I have the stock Tac One so it is the Intelliframe (I assume).

I don't have a micrometer so I can't check the on/off pin length. I have read that a shorter on/off pin will help with the bounce. I would not modify mine but would order one from AGD. What size would I get if I go this route?

Thanks
MX48

gommie404
03-31-2008, 07:48 AM
Im running a max flow < old style > with a x valve on a classic bodie with a intelli frame.
Useing the ult trigger kit.
I have my reg only set at a light 700 psi.
Now my trigger will bounce back or react but its very light you can miss it if your not feeling for it.
i use the very bottom of the trigger with the lightest pull from my finger allmost just resting on the trigger.
this way i can just use the bounce from the trigger as a reactive set up.

Dont get me wrong this is nothing like my old RT in which you could feel that trigger slap your finger back in place.

Try changing the way you pull the trigger with a lighter pull from your finger it may be your just to hard on the set up.

The best thing i find about the low psi setting on the max flow is that it makes for a very light trigger pull.
And i dont get very much shoot down at this setting but then i mostly double tap in sets of three.

jade_monkey07
03-31-2008, 08:18 PM
get a second Pin from AGD, Tunaman, or roguefactor. get a standard length pin(.750) see how it feels, then shave it a bit, see how it feels, shave it a bit. worse thing that could happen is you make it too short...but thats why you bought a second pin ;) Make sure your doing your testing around the psi youll probably be running the marker at all the time. the closer to 800 you go the "deeper" into the tank youll be able to shoot with the same RT feel