PDA

View Full Version : Lol !!! Isn't it just the way it goes????

punkncat
03-30-2008, 12:26 PM
The wife picked up C&C3 for me at Best Buy last night. I installed it and its up and running, for about the time it takes to build up a little, then the video takes a crap and it dumps the program.
I knew when I bought my computer that I was going to have to get a video card of some sort for it, its running with onboard vid. right now. That memory allocated stuff is fine for surfing....you know what I mean.

So I reasoned with the wife that since I had gotten the game, and it won't run with the current video....and it "needs" a memory upgrade as well.....lol. Now my $50 game with expansion pack, has turned into $200 game with 4g of DDR2, and a new 512mb nvideaG video card.
:D
Shoe shopping at its finest.

acropilot19
03-30-2008, 01:04 PM
...Thats why I hate computers. For the kinda money you pay, you'd think the damn things would work most of the time. Its all good when it works out in your favor (although it sounds like it kinda didnt, money-wise).
I've always said computers are great time-saving devices when they work, but you ALWAYS end up giving all that time & energy back when they "Break". It never fails.
:tard:
BTW, where did that little smiley icon go that had the dude taking a hammer to his computer, I LIKED that one ALOT.

tribalman
03-30-2008, 02:02 PM
The wife picked up C&C3 for me at Best Buy last night. I installed it and its up and running, for about the time it takes to build up a little, then the video takes a crap and it dumps the program.
I knew when I bought my computer that I was going to have to get a video card of some sort for it, its running with onboard vid. right now. That memory allocated stuff is fine for surfing....you know what I mean.

So I reasoned with the wife that since I had gotten the game, and it won't run with the current video....and it "needs" a memory upgrade as well.....lol. Now my $50 game with expansion pack, has turned into $200 game with 4g of DDR2, and a new 512mb nvideaG video card.
:D
Shoe shopping at its finest.

nice on the upgrade. have you played the expansion yet? its more fun, and the new units are big and so cool. don't like how if you make multi building units you can't make than one base defence unit at a time. buying the expansion also gets you into the open beta for C&C red alert 3.

jenarelJAM
03-30-2008, 11:37 PM
haha. :clap:

Army
03-31-2008, 01:39 AM
Sadly, games are designed and developed on computers that have serious terrabytes for hard drives and RAM. Which, when translated by our piddly low giga PC's or lappy's, means we will never have enough memory to run them as required.

I just dropped 4g of RAM on my new lappy just to run Vista better......sad.

:(

Dark Side
04-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I just dropped 4g of RAM on my new lappy just to run Vista better......sad.

:(

That was your first mistake.

Steelrat
04-03-2008, 08:31 AM
I gave up on PC gaming, and just replaced my alienware desktop with a simple laptop. For gaming, I go the console route.

I was THIS close to buying a new gaming PC about a year ago, when I realized that I was going to be spending $2000+ on a machine to surf the web and play 2-3 games. That's just nuts. My $300 Xbox 360 has been a blast, and the online experience is done so well, it's actually better than a PC.

Indignant
04-03-2008, 08:41 AM
I really love console gaming. Online gaming is all about talking crap online, and it is incredibly easy to do on the 360. If I thought I would play it more i'd get one, for now I just play at my friends'.

Steelrat
04-03-2008, 09:53 AM
It's worth it, trust me.

punkncat
04-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Yeah, to be honest I probably should have just gone the Xbox route. At least that way you know for sure the game you will be using will work correctly, not crash, easy to connect for online play, etc.

With all this I just put in, my computer is still crashing when it gets really busy. Kinda hurting my feelings a bit.