PDA

View Full Version : Finishing my project?

jhart
03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Just wanted to know what you guys think the best way to finish (anno/powder coat/etc.) this project I have. I want to do all black... and I mean ALL black. But, should I mix and match anno with powdercoating, or just all powder coat . Any other options?? Just kinda stumped is all. Anyways, if any of you guys could chime in with some help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Oh and If you guys could "appraise" it also, that would be really helpful. I know what I paid, but that does not necessarily mean that is what I'll get. Lemme know, Thanks.

Pics: http://www.putfile.com/pic/7908698?pos=top

(there are 3 pics so...)

pmstc
03-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Powdercoating has a different shine and look than annodizing. If I were you I would just powdercoat everything, it ends up being cheaper too :)

sandfreestyle
03-30-2008, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't powdercoat, but anno it. Powerdcoat goes ontop of the piece where anno pretty much stains it. If powdercoating, you do have to run a tap through every thread so the bolts can go in, anno you do not have to chase a tap through it. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying that more assembly work has to be done with powdercoat than anno.

mr doo doo
03-30-2008, 08:37 PM
well, it seems every part on that gun is anodize-able except for the body and drop (stainless and chrome?); that's the problem with the "anodizing" option. Every thread can be saved by screwing in a dummy piece so the powdercoat wont affect the threads.

MANN
03-30-2008, 08:41 PM
the body is steel and you cannot annodize it.

The valve has too tight of tolerances so you cant powder coat it.

Just leave it mixed half annoed/ half powder coated.

As for price Id say 400ish depending on how quick you wanted to move it. (xvalve 200, I frame 75, body 50, rail 25, etc 50)

pmstc
03-30-2008, 08:47 PM
fyi: when I said everything, I meant everything but the valve, and not the screws. As long as you give it to someone who knows how to powdercoat a mag, you will have no problems.

jhart
03-30-2008, 08:56 PM
well i was going to powder coat the body and drop and then anno the rest but I was unsure if it would look like... well ya know. Anyone got any pics of a mix like this or can assure me that it won't look like total crap.