PDA

View Full Version : Tac One stock barrel

Misha
03-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi,

Played my first time with Tac One today and loved it. Unfortunately, I did not find the stock two-piece barrel that came with it very accurate. What do you guys think and would you suggest purchasing an after market barrel or just find a better paintball/bore match ? I used medium bore paint.

Thank you in advance

~Misha

BlackVCG
03-31-2008, 01:50 AM
A barrel is a barrel for the most part. Some are longer than others, some are different colors than others and some are quieter than others. That's about it.

Don't give up on the barrel based on one day of play. Try some different paint, check the paint to bore match and keep playing with the gun and putting paint through it...

MX48
03-31-2008, 05:48 AM
I got a new Tac One about 6 weeks or so ago. At first it shot fairly accurately, then my field switched paint. No joke, after that sometimes my shots would do spirals, down turns, up turns, you name it. Couldn't hit the broad side of a Fort.
After much research I decided to get a barrel kit and went with the Ti Aluminum Longbow kit from Titanium Paintball. Believe me it makes a huge difference. I had to go with the .681 insert to get the new paint to shoot accurately. This is my first kit so I can't say if the Ti is better than any other kit but it worked for me. Be prepared because it is on the pricey side ($170 for a barrel and 3 inserts), but well worth it for me.

MX48

Misha
03-31-2008, 10:34 AM
any idea what bore size is the stock barrel ? Also if i want to buy a barrel is the cocker and autococker-threaded barrel the same thing ? Some websites have barrels available but the list them either as autococker or cocker.

Hook
03-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the 2-piece barrel is a .689 bore

And yes, Cocker/Autococker threads are the same.

TheRock
03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
i just love my 14" stiffi barrel with 0.691 works great with polar ice, frostbite, stingers it may roll thru a bit easy sometimes but barrels breaks are rare.
And im so pleased that its "lownoise" and with apex on its just nasty for opponents,and i dont know it its my tac thats making paintballs do swooshingsound or the stiffi, dont hear the a5 or x7 doing that but it sounds cool. :headbang:

jade_monkey07
03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
accually the stock barrel is .691

Misha
03-31-2008, 05:00 PM
ok .691 is allright then. I will probably play a few more walk-on games before i decide for sure. Its not that the stock barrel is horrible or anything, but i had some curvy balls which i am not used to with my Lapco Bigshot or Freak Jr.

Hook
03-31-2008, 09:32 PM
accually the stock barrel is .691
In that case, I stand corrected :D